Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empire Total War 1.4 patch on the www?

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Is there any where to download the 1.4 patch of Empire Total War straight from the web? Annoyingly, the crowd I have Internet access with seem to block both Steam and bittorrent...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Unfourtunately they only release their patches via Steam. Is it an ISP blocking you, or just a network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

komodosp wrote: »
    Is there any where to download the 1.4 patch of Empire Total War straight from the web? Annoyingly, the crowd I have Internet access with seem to block both Steam and bittorrent...

They block Steam?! That sucks, who are they? Is it because Steam downloads look the same a torrents to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'm working in the UK and living in a flat there where d'Internet is provided... They (the ISP) block torrents, they block Steam, up till recently they seemed to block FTP, and I suspect they block Today FM's live stream (I can't access it anyway)...

At least I think they block them anyway, at least none of this stuff works (and it did up till a few weeks ago... didn't really care until I wanted this patch)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Lots of places seem to block UDP ports which causes issues it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its a pity steam is the only place where you can get the patches for ETW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

somone could download it and email it.....or is it autopatched????

Mousey- wrote: »
    somone could download it and email it.....or is it autopatched????

That would not work, as it is indeed autopatched . . . :(

If you got a Steam backup of an updated version, and then installed the local files on your system from the backup it would work.

Advertisement