Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jonski wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that , I just phoned them there to let them know they weren't going mad, well maybe they are but not because of this :)

I had tried all the usual places like IMDB and google search but found nothing and no mention of any of the stars having made it .

No bother the Des Keogh reference helped! :D:D
    Now, where to find it?

• Site Banned Posts: 32 NeverTheLess

I think it was something like:

"you've got no self-esteem, but you're one hell of a f**k"

Not sure if I got the end of the quote right, but I think it was followed by the man (who said it) getting a slap. I've a feeling it was a 90s movie, and the main woman in the movie was a sexy manipulative person, who did something along the lines of sleeping with wealthy men, and embezzling their money.

There was another scene in this movie, where this lady walked into a man (her target) with an ice cream cone and pretended it was an accident.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Showgirls if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, it's Showgirls

• Site Banned Posts: 32 NeverTheLess

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Didn't actually see this film but saw the trailer and it's been bugging me as to what it was. British movie mid 90's- ish. Set maybe in Essex or southern England. About a gang of young lads messing and I think drifting into more serious criminal behaviour. One scene in the trailer has them meeting up with a rival gang to fight but the main gang are all naked and chase the rival group in slow motion down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

darkdubh wrote: »
    One scene in the trailer has them meeting up with a rival gang to fight but the main gang are all naked and chase the rival group in slow motion down the street.

This part sounds like "war of the buttons" an excellent movie

Rachiee wrote: »
    This part sounds like "war of the buttons" an excellent movie

No deffo not that. It was a British movie with an urban or at least suburban setting and probably a lot more hard edged than WOTB, plus the characters in this were older, late teens early twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

I only caught a small clip of this years ago in which a young English guy is with some others in what may have been a back alley or possibly a cellar. A pistol is fired and the young man stays upright, but complains that he has been shot in the head...I can't remember the lines but it seemed to be the unfairness of it that bothered him most. Then he collapses to the ground.

I was fascinated by what the story could have been that led up to this.

I've done a lot of searching to try to identify it but came up empty-handed.

Didn't actually see this film but saw the trailer and it's been bugging me as to what it was. British movie mid 90's- ish. Set maybe in Essex or southern England. About a gang of young lads messing and I think drifting into more serious criminal behaviour. One scene in the trailer has them meeting up with a rival gang to fight but the main gang are all naked and chase the rival group in slow motion down the street.

Just remembered another scene where one of the gang threaten a younger lad by pointing a gun to his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

Boston Kickout?

Boston Kickout?

Saw that years ago, pretty sure it's not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Good list here

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls057809295/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hey all, I remember watching a movie when I was very young but the details are quite hazy at this stage. I feel it was set in 1930s/1940s America on farm. (could be earlier or later!) There is this one particular scene where a girl or boy enters a field to retrieve a ball? without realising there is a bull and there is a fear that the bull would kill him or her. There is a rush on to ensure they get out safely then. Any ideas would be great!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just remembered another scene where one of the gang threaten a younger lad by pointing a gun to his head.

The young Americans?

Drumpot wrote: »
    The young Americans?

No it's that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

No it's that one.

Any chance the guys were robbing a fag machine and were being chased a single fat naked guy?

jh79 wrote: »
    Any chance the guys were robbing a fag machine and were being chased a single fat naked guy?

Ha, ha don't remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hey all, I remember watching a movie when I was very young but the details are quite hazy at this stage. I feel it was set in 1930s/1940s America on farm. (could be earlier or later!) There is this one particular scene where a girl or boy enters a field to retrieve a ball? without realising there is a bull and there is a fear that the bull would kill him or her. There is a rush on to ensure they get out safely then. Any ideas would be great!:P

Not a bull but in the film Sandlot a kid tries to retrieve a baseball from a yard with a very large dog and it's set in the 30's/40s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Phonicks

anyone know a film about a man and woman scuba diver, who find a ship wreck with lots of tiny golden glass vials, like prefume sample bottles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Phonicks wrote: »
    anyone know a film about a man and woman scuba diver, who find a ship wreck with lots of tiny golden glass vials, like prefume sample bottles

The Deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Phonicks

The Deep.

wow that was fast, might have time to watch it before bed... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Google search is failing me and it's wrecking my head. I'm looking for a film set during ww2 from the german perspective. it's all about the airforce and the main character is more concerned with his confirmed kills than anything else. It's a damn good film but I can't remember what it's called. I feel the need to see it again after watching Dunkirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yester wrote: »
    Google search is failing me and it's wrecking my head. I'm looking for a film set during ww2 from the german perspective. it's all about the airforce and the main character is more concerned with his confirmed kills than anything else. It's a damn good film but I can't remember what it's called. I feel the need to see it again after watching Dunkirk.
    You sure it's WW2? The Blue Max has the above plot but it's WW1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

siblers wrote: »
    You sure it's WW2? The Blue Max has the above plot but it's WW1

Excellent! That's the one. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hi looking for the name of a movie but details are very vague. As far as I remember it's an 80s action flick. In the beginning a house is broken into and the mother and father are gunned down in the bed. The two boys I think twins escape and go for revenge. Typical karate 80s flick don't think there were any major stars in it so not Arnie or van damme more b movie KS say. Any help appreciated.

Hi looking for the name of a movie but details are very vague. As far as I remember it's an 80s action flick. In the beginning a house is broken into and the mother and father are gunned down in the bed. The two boys I think twins escape and go for revenge. Typical karate 80s flick don't think there were any major stars in it so not Arnie or van damme more b movie KS say. Any help appreciated.

There is a Van Damme film with that plot.
    Any vhance it is Double Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

There was this really screwed up German film.
    A pair of guys call into some family at their holiday home by their lake, pretending they are lost and need to use their phone,
    they only have a cell phone and they drop it in water (making it look like an accident) so as to break all communication.

They then hold the family to ransom and do all sorts of ****e (really really ****ed up film, dont wanna watch it just want to know
    what its called) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

There was this really screwed up German film.
    A pair of guys call into some family at their holiday home by their lake, pretending they are lost and need to use their phone,
    they only have a cell phone and they drop it in water (making it look like an accident) so as to break all communication.

They then hold the family to ransom and do all sorts of ****e (really really ****ed up film, dont wanna watch it just want to know
    what its called) ....

Sounds like Funny Games by Michael Haneke:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119167/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

There is a Van Damme film with that plot.
    Any vhance it is Double Impact

Hey no not that in the one I remember the parents are killed in their bed room and I think the guys are already grownup at the time.

The old memory is not what it used to be I think they were twins but that could be just mixing it up with double impact lol.

Advertisement