Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

American film, crashed US bomber in desert, all crew are dead and are ghosts around the crashed plane. Rescue \ investigation team comes to excavate, as each body is found ghost disappears until there is only one left. I remember a scene where the ghosts saw a helicoptor for the first time.

Is it Sole Survivor?

ps welcome to boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bricktopper

That's it. Thanks for speedy response!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Crossection

Anyone remember a cartoon film about a guy who goes into a antique store, starts tp play a board game about dragons. He gets sucked into the boardgame and becomes a dragon. He needs to eat rocks to make fire. He also falls in love with another dragon. In the end he winds up back in th antique store. Anyone able to name it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's Flight of Dragons. Brilliant film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Crossection

Thats it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Looking for a movie that I saw years ago (late 80s, early 90s) that fits the following discription. (Not my discription, found it while looking, but it's better, so I pinched it!)

Anyway...
    And there is another comedy that i had seen as a kid and still cant find the name of. Made sometime during end of 80s- beginning of 90s, and i think its a second movie in the serie, and is about groop of problematic kids that their parents deside (if i remember right) to send to military camp for the summer. Instead the kids steal a plane that belongs to father of one of them, get in the air (after the one that the plane belongs to his father tries to ram another one of his father's planes with it), find out that there are 2 terrorists (and a dog) onboard that were planning to steal the plane as well, and it keeps going on from there.

Help greatfully received. Think it might have had the word "attitude" in it, but not sure. IMDB can't help.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved this here - didn't know we had such a thread - and apologies for starting a new one

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ok8742

hi guyes,
    I'm looking for an old movie, may be 70's/80's about two spaceships that crashed on a planet during a war. One pilot is human and the other is an alien. I think they're alone there and thy're trying to survive. There is a prehistoric environment (trilobits etc...) and predators.
    I remember 2 scenes:
    One where the alien is in a lake and the human is setting the lake on fire.
    The second is the human falling in a pit and the Carnivorous plant thet lives inside peels the flesh of his leg.

btw, may be the movie is not american

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Not American?

You sure, it sounds a lot like Enemy Mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ok8742

That's the one! Thanks!

I wasn't sure it's american because it was dubbed in russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Mornin' all,

I'm looking for the name of a film from the 90's, perhaps early 90's. All I can recall is that it is about a couple that live together and the relationship turns sour so they end up fighting like mad and almost killing each other, quite literally. I'm fairly sure it's a black comedy but here's the thing-I could have sworn it starred Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson as the couple however having checked their filmographies it appears that it ain't so. I'm quite bemused by this cos everytime I visualize the film Branagh and Thompson come to mind. I see them throwing stuff at each other. Well if it isn't them it must be some other famous actors and I'm getting the film completely mixed up.

This is all the info I have. I hope someone can help?

• Advertisement

I'd say it's War Of The Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'd say it's War Of The Roses.

That's exactly what it is. Cheers! Yeah it seems so obvious now that it was Douglas and Turner but there's no way I would have remembered it without a bit of help.

I salute you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

movie of a bank job in England that goes wrong , they tunnel out with the cash (the insideman is talked about ). they use a van to get into the bank and one of them is hurt ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I could have dreamt this but any help is much appreciated.

Its an American film, early 2000s, possibly 2002/3. Its done in an almost reality tv/documentary style where there's a camera crew following a few different people.

Anyway the story is that there is this National Draw type thing where those selected are given guns and have to go out against others selected and try to kill them. I remember there's a teenage girl who was selected. There may also have been an estranged couple and I think the song at the end was "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division. Wiki gives me nothing on the song being featured in a film like this so it might not be...

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I could have dreamt this but any help is much appreciated.

Its an American film, early 2000s, possibly 2002/3. Its done in an almost reality tv/documentary style where there's a camera crew following a few different people.

Anyway the story is that there is this National Draw type thing where those selected are given guns and have to go out against others selected and try to kill them. I remember there's a teenage girl who was selected. There may also have been an estranged couple and I think the song at the end was "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division. Wiki gives me nothing on the song being featured in a film like this so it might not be...

It's Series 7: The Contenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ah excellent. Thanks so much. The blurb about it on wiki is
    The film Series 7: The Contenders features a music video for the song which characters explain as being part of a school project. Their homemade music video is in the style of a cheaply made '80s video with actors dressed in stereotypical goth fashion.

Didn't really click it from that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Ah excellent. Thanks so much. The blurb about it on wiki is

Didn't really click it from that. :)

Yeah. I think the video is forms part of a flash back from when they were younger and then the song is played again in a rather heavy handed fashion during the final confrontation.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok this is one I remember from my childhood so its either 80's or early 90's,most likely 80's. I think it's a kids movie i think although i could be wrong, and I can't remember the setting but it starts off with a kid playing in the garden, he's in the bushes pretending it's a forest and playing with some toys,the toys are like medievel knights and horses,maybe a king too and he's voicing out the story he's imagining with them.He gets called away by his parents shortly after, I can't remember anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Right there was this movie I always watched when I was a kid... it had this boy out riding his bike or something, then it started raining so he went into a library and there was this mural of characters from books on the ceiling which started melting and the pain was dripping all over the place. And then the rest of it was him being in the plots of books, there was one with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde but that's all I remember...

/awful description

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

WHat's that one about the bus that has to speed around the city, keeping its speed above 50. And if it's speed drops below 50, it'd explode?
    Sorry couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

komodosp wrote: »
    WHat's that one about the bus that has to speed around the city, keeping its speed above 50. And if it's speed drops below 50, it'd explode?
    Sorry couldn't resist!

The bus that couldn't slow down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

The big bus:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hey, there was a movie i watched as a kid, about this boy who was in a kinda dream land where he had to go on a quest to get out of it and near the end he climbs on a giant dogs back a they fly away its really annoyin me.

Hey, there was a movie i watched as a kid, about this boy who was in a kinda dream land where he had to go on a quest to get out of it and near the end he climbs on a giant dogs back a they fly away its really annoyin me.

The Neverending Story

yep cheers thats it, there was also another one where this kid who collected stamps was able to travel on a special stamp he found to china, does any one no what it is?

yep cheers thats it, there was also another one where this kid who collected stamps was able to travel on a special stamp he found to china, does any one no what it is?

Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller

• Advertisement

Ya thats it cheers.

Advertisement