Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ncmc wrote: »
    I don't think that's it either, I'm sure the one I am talking about was a murder mystery and the person in bandages at the end had major importance. I have a vaugue memory of a body/person being thrown over the side of the train.

Ahh, it has to be Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes (1938) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm looking for the name of a horror movie. The details I have are extremely vague as it's years since I watched it and was quite drunk at the time (it was on late one night after I had been out on the lash)

I think it was set in an airport and there were orb-like monsters or something similar which were taking people over.. that's pretty much all I've got I'm afraid! =/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Horgan wrote: »
    The Langoliers

OMG.. that's it! thank you so much :)

I'm surprised it was made as recently as 1995..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Its a 3 parter :D bout 5 hours of watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Ahh, it has to be Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes (1938) ..

That's it! Thank you so much! I have been looking for this movie for literally 20+ years, a couple of hours after posting in this thread, I finally have it. This thread is epic! Thank you OutlawPete, off to download it now :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

You.re not going to believe this, just was flicking through the Sky channels and The Lady Vanishes was on Sky Showcase. Isn't that the most crazy coincidence?

I have been looking for this movie for literally 20+ years ..
    You.re not going to believe this, just was flicking through the Sky channels and The Lady Vanishes was on Sky Showcase. Isn't that the most crazy coincidence?

Sure is ..

Somebody up there must like you :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have a .gif which i think is a scene from a movie

but i can't post it in the movie identification thread because it's nsfw
    i can't post a still image of it because it's all nsfw

so.. who aroud here would have a pretty good knowledge of weird movies where there would be a hot short haired topless chick firing a gun that I could pm the link to and they could tell me the name of the movie

I have a .gif which i think is a scene from a movie

but i can't post it in the movie identification thread because it's nsfw
    i can't post a still image of it because it's all nsfw

so.. who aroud here would have a pretty good knowledge of weird movies where there would be a hot short haired topless chick firing a gun that I could pm the link to and they could tell me the name of the movie

PM me on the image and I may be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Evac105

Wrong reply, completely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

PM me on the image and I may be able to help

*cough* .....Help....... *cough*

Right;)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Hi

Seen a spanish film about 8+ year ago in the I.F.I.. A comedy in barcelona .There was a family living in an apartment block and the daughter brings home either a jewish or palestinian boyfriend and all sorts of comic moments happen..thats all i remember. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Thats it and v. fast ..Thanks Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Any help appreciated, been googling for ages, cannot find it

THe main character is a Russian cameraman and he works for Stalin and shows him films and can use the projector.

He is recently married but he cannot be a father and his wife cheats on him with a senior Communist offical.

They live in a terrible flat, right by a slaughterhouse and you see cattle going outside their house.

It was a well produced film and colour. So not some mega low budget film
    I cannot find it, would you know? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wow, that was fast

Thank you sir
    Will order this one from Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

This is an amazingly long shot, but it's been bugging me for quite some time so if you don't ask you don't get.

Movie from eighties/early nineties concerning a time traveller trying to get back home, the only scene I remember any clearer than a haze is a footchase over the heads of Mount Rushmore, and before anyone suggests I don't think I've gotten North by Northwest confused with The Terminator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

plissken wrote: »
    This is an amazingly long shot, but it's been bugging me for quite some time so if you don't ask you don't get.

Movie from eighties/early nineties concerning a time traveller trying to get back home, the only scene I remember any clearer than a haze is a footchase over the heads of Mount Rushmore, and before anyone suggests I don't think I've gotten North by Northwest confused with The Terminator :)

Doorways?

Think it was a pilot that didn't get picked up that was just released as a tv movie.

Doorways?

Think it was a pilot that didn't get picked up that was just released as a tv movie.

My god that was impressively quick, once again I bow to the knowledge my fellow Boardsies have of the obscure and the forgotten. Thank you so much for that Actuallylike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

It a film i seen years ago all i can remember is that theres a little girl that live with her father but they're kinda hippies but the little girl kind of has to take care of herself. I think the father may of been Jeff Bridges or an actor who looks similar. If anyone gets this i will be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

JustPaddy1 wrote: »
    It a film i seen years ago all i can remember is that theres a little girl that live with her father but they're kinda hippies but the little girl kind of has to take care of herself. I think the father may of been Jeff Bridges or an actor who looks similar. If anyone gets this i will be amazed.

If Outlaw Pete doesn't get it I will be amazed.

It's Tid...
    budgemook wrote: »
    If Outlaw Pete doesn't get it I will be amazed.
    Finish it off there Pete ;)

It's not Paper Moon starring Ryan O'Neal by any chance?

It's Tid...

Finish it off there Pete ;)

Ha am i getting an answer? =)

plissken wrote: »
    It's not Paper Moon starring Ryan O'Neal by any chance?

No sorry dont think thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Land of tides? ;)

patch wrote: »
    Land of tides? ;)
    Tidelander II: The Quickening ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ive seen this, Jeff Bridges is in it and there is one funny scene when they are travelling on a bus and Jeff is out of his mind. There is a picture of a tree on the front cover....... Tideland

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Ive seen this, Jeff Bridges is in it and there is one funny scene when they are travelling on a bus and Jeff is out of his mind. There is a picture of a tree on the front cover....... Tideland

Ha yeah thats it i'm very impressed. :D Knew it was Jeff Bridges. Thanks.

Advertisement