Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Here's another one I would love to get a name for.

It is a 1980s film.

Terrorists take over the Eiffel Tower.

They put laser beams on the tower, that zap anything that comes in range.

A boy drops his football and it gets zapped by the laser.

There is a foxy woman in the film with a machine gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Here's another one I would love to get a name for.

It is a 1980s film.

Terrorists take over the Eiffel Tower.

They put laser beams on the tower, that zap anything that comes in range.

A boy drops his football and it gets zapped by the laser.

There is a foxy woman in the film with a machine gun.

Sounds a little like The Hostage Tower though I'm not convinced that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Im trying to find a trailer i saw a few months back, it was some sort of anime action movie but was surprisingly made by an Irish guy in Ballyfermot.

It was only the trailer they made, i dont think a film was to come but it was class looking so ive been hunting around for it. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Im trying to find a trailer i saw a few months back, it was some sort of anime action movie but was surprisingly made by an Irish guy in Ballyfermot.

It was only the trailer they made, i dont think a film was to come but it was class looking so ive been hunting around for it. Any ideas?

The guy's name is Gary Shore - he's from Artane. He studied in IADT and GMIT.

The film's actually in development with Working Title so hopefully we'll see it go into production soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Hi, does this anyone recognise this film?

I saw it on tv about 8 years ago.

Its a horror, that takes place on a plane. The bad guys(:D) were some weird heavy metal type chaps, guitars, drums etc.

Sound familiar to anyone? Its been kinda bugging me ha.

Anyway, Thanks in advance to whoever points me in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

OutlawPete wrote: »

Thanks for the quick response. I just watched the trailer there, and it looks like it alright. I didnt see it all but for some reason its been in my head:confused::pac:

Is it any good, or worthy of the 3.3 on imdb?

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response. I just watched the trailer there, and it looks like it alright. I didnt see it all but for some reason its been in my head:confused::pac:

Is it any good, or worthy of the 3.3 on imdb?

Not great to be honest, seen them on Sky Movies a few years back or may have been Movies4Men. Barely remember what happens in them, remember one with Ray Liotta being okay.

Hey, you might love sure, that's what great about films - we can't all like the same ones :)

• Advertisement

Some quick solving in here this weather :)

Here's one:

It was a 1980s film.

There were these spider type robots that were programmed to kill.

They had a spike that injected poison.

I seem to remember a scene with them creeping around toilet stalls
    in a bathroom.

Maybe Tom Sellick was in it?

EDIT : I found it.

It was called Runaway.

There's a link to a trailer on this page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/

You guys are too quick!

i'm running out of unknown dodgy 1980s sci-fi films to identify!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Hi all.. I am just writing on behalf of a colleague in work here (who is not on the boards) and we are trying to identify a film that she saw and for the life of her she can't remember the name of it.. its about someone who is being persuded (she thinks by the army) and that they have sought refuge in the mountains and he ends up building all sorts of traps and is watching them from trees etc trying to outsmart them..

Now - before you all shout out 'Rambo - First Blood'!!.. I have been telling her that it sounds the exact same as that - but according to her it definitely wasn't it, it didn't star Stallone and that it was fairly recent staring someone in their early 30's 'who looked a bit grey'?!!..

Apologies for the vagueness - but hopefully someone will know what she is talking about!!..

Ps.. it wasn't Predator either..

trustno1 wrote: »
    Hi all.. I am just writing on behalf of a colleague in work here (who is not on the boards) and we are trying to identify a film that she saw and for the life of her she can't remember the name of it.. its about someone who is being persuded (she thinks by the army) and that they have sought refuge in the mountains and he ends up building all sorts of traps and is watching them from trees etc trying to outsmart them..

Now - before you all shout out 'Rambo - First Blood'!!.. I have been telling her that it sounds the exact same as that - but according to her it definitely wasn't it, it didn't star Stallone and that it was fairly recent staring someone in their early 30's 'who looked a bit grey'?!!..

Apologies for the vagueness - but hopefully someone will know what she is talking about!!..

Ps.. it wasn't Predator either..

Sounds a little like The Hunted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Darko you are a genius!.. she has jut told me 'yes' thats the one!.. we can finally do some work now!!.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone know what movie this is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sweeeeeet
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

sweeeeeet
    thanks

I didn't think you were serious. It's named in the comments of the clip you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i was watching "The Bank Job" last night starring Jason Statham, when it triggered a memory of an earlier bank robbery movie.

I cannot remember much, i do know they had to go through a sewer system to tunnel into the bank, the ending is well remembered, theres heavy rain that night and the sewers flood causing the vault to flood as well and the last bank robber gets trapped inside the vault, i think he somehow escapes at the end, hopefully this will be enough for someone reading this.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

It's been bugging me for a while, saw it when i was younger maybe 10-15yrs ago, it's about this girl-it turns out she's an alien which she only finds out when brought to hospital and finds out she has 2 hearts, and I think later in the movie there's like a sword/lightsaber-ish attack between her grandmother/mother with "the bad guy" in the movie.

I hope I've given enough info for someone to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

About 20 years ago - I seen a film, had a haunted house and dolls.
    a man & daughter seek shelter in the house when there car breaks down. some punk chick are already there and get turned into dolls

any ideas?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

About 20 years ago - I seen a film, had a haunted house and dolls.
    a man & daughter seek shelter in the house when there car breaks down. some punk chick are already there and get turned into dolls

any ideas?

It's called Dolls :http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092906/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i was watching "The Bank Job" last night starring Jason Statham, when it triggered a memory of an earlier bank robbery movie.

I cannot remember much, i do know they had to go through a sewer system to tunnel into the bank, the ending is well remembered, theres heavy rain that night and the sewers flood causing the vault to flood as well and the last bank robber gets trapped inside the vault, i think he somehow escapes at the end, hopefully this will be enough for someone reading this.

Thanks.

Sounds like "Loophole" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loophole_(1981_film)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

brian_t wrote: »

that's it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

32_4_1 wrote: »
    its just annoying me really. i remember seeing a "horror" film a few years ago and cant remember the name. just wondering if anyone could help

a family in a jeep end up in an abandoned town. they get out and look around. in one of the buildings they pick up a video camera where the previous owner is talking into it, and some monster/deformed person comes and kills her. of course she drops the camera before we see what it is. the family then go back out to the jeep, only for wires to be cut underneeth it so it wont start.

we never see whats in the village but im guessing its deformed people. they live in tunnels under the village. eventually the family gets away and go to a nearby hotel. at the end one of them looks out the window and in the distance we're shown some deformed thing looking in and moving around so its obviously follwed them. anyone any idea what it was. its pretty bad but id just like to get the name.

The Hills Have Eyes maybe???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hello all.

This one is driving me mad.
    I'm certain I saw this film maybe in the summer. It's based on a true story. It was about a serial killer in America. Quite new but set in the 1950's maybe earlier. I remember something about it being on a farm and they were boys that were killed. I think one fella lured them and another killed them. Definitely based on a true story,read about it on Wikipedia after.
    Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

A little bit more detail. I'm pretty sure the one who lured them was a boy himself,I think the killer's cousin, he was made do it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Hello all.

This one is driving me mad.
    I'm certain I saw this film maybe in the summer. It's based on a true story. It was about a serial killer in America. Quite new but set in the 1950's maybe earlier. I remember something about it being on a farm and they were boys that were killed. I think one fella lured them and another killed them. Definitely based on a true story,read about it on Wikipedia after.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Changeling?

Advertisement