Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hahaha,I totally forgot Angelina was in it.
    Thanks,that one was actually pretty obvious :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alonmeln

Hello,
    I saw a movie few years ago but I remember just a few pictures from it ..

1. A young couple goes to live in an old apartment in a small village near the sea.
    2. An old man leading a cult of believers and encouraging them to jump off the cliff into the sea somehow related to Reincarnation
    3. Child appears at the couple's home, they scan his head and find that its full of nails.

Please help me identify the film,
    Alon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Looking for a film, it's either a zombie movie or some kind of temporary insanity movie or something, I really can't remember an awful lot. Think it's 2000's, filmed in blue/gray tones with spots of vibrant colour, crisp image. Think it could be British but don't quote me on it, my memory's seriously hazy. Also think it had a bit of a sense of humour.

I remember a scene in a livingroom (light-coloured room; why the feck do I always remember colours but never content!)) but I'm having trouble recreating it. I think they're trying to think of excuses not to go to a dinner party or they don't like their neighbors or something (?), then I think people get killed in the house.. or they turn on each other or something, I couldn't tell you how or who or why, though. I do remember a husband and wife in a bedroom and I think they both die in there. Think then someone goes outside, there's a van in the road or something.

I know this is hugely incoherent but I really can't remember a damn thing (or at least I don't remember enough to be descriptive in any way :pac:), just know I want to see it again!

Anyone have a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Definitely not, no, nothing supernatural, it was either drugs or temporary insanity with the remotest possibility of it having been a zombie film.

Ugh, I hate it when I can remember this little, I wish I could plug a videocamera into my brain so I could just upload what I see in my mind's eye.

There's a very specific scene in that livingroom (livingroom is light-coloured, yellows or grays, tv against the wall, couch in front of it, in the background is the kitchen or an extension of the livingroom which is very bright), involving a scuffle between men at the door, then around the tv/the couch, then down behind the couch. There's blood involved, I think someone's either already dead in the bedroom or someone dies in the bedroom. They then go out into the street, and it looks like England a bit but it could be anywhere-- it's all gray and bricks. I think.

I'm almost positive there was conversation about some kind of dinner party or cocktail party or birthday party in that room.

Think one of the men had a beard but it's too hazy to really say any of this for certain, it's been so long my mind's probably just filling stuff in at this stage to try and make the memory more complete.

From what I remember it's a decent film and not campy or stupid or anything else. I REALLY want to find out what this movie was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

liah wrote: »
    From what I remember it's a decent film and not campy or stupid or anything else. I REALLY want to find out what this movie was.

Nothing specific comes to mind, but some of your descriptions remind of The Last Supper:

Nope, definitely not that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Liah,it was hardly 28 days later was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Here's one.

It was an Independent American film from the 1990s.

It had a scene of a bank robbery, with the song "Jesus Built My Hotrod"
    by Ministry.

I never saw the full film, only the bank robbery part on a late-night
    Channel 4 movie-review show.

The Wikipedia article for the song has nothing.

Google has no leads.

IMDB is also empty.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Looking for a film, it's either a zombie movie or some kind of temporary insanity movie or something, I really can't remember an awful lot. Think it's 2000's, filmed in blue/gray tones with spots of vibrant colour, crisp image. Think it could be British but don't quote me on it, my memory's seriously hazy. Also think it had a bit of a sense of humour.

I remember a scene in a livingroom (light-coloured room; why the feck do I always remember colours but never content!)) but I'm having trouble recreating it. I think they're trying to think of excuses not to go to a dinner party or they don't like their neighbors or something (?), then I think people get killed in the house.. or they turn on each other or something, I couldn't tell you how or who or why, though. I do remember a husband and wife in a bedroom and I think they both die in there. Think then someone goes outside, there's a van in the road or something.

I know this is hugely incoherent but I really can't remember a damn thing (or at least I don't remember enough to be descriptive in any way :pac:), just know I want to see it again!

Anyone have a clue?
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Liah,it was hardly 28 days later was it?

I was thinking 28 weeks later, theres a dinner type scene at the start and i think a couple gets killed in an upstairs bedroom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I was thinking 28 weeks later, theres a dinner type scene at the start and i think a couple gets killed in an upstairs bedroom...

That's surely it.

2,000s
    Zombie Movie
    British
    Turning on each other
    Family meal
    Husband and wife upstairs
    One of them appears to die
    Exterior scene follows

Swap the van for a boat and you're there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Definitely not, no, nothing supernatural, it was either drugs or temporary insanity with the remotest possibility of it having been a zombie film.

Ugh, I hate it when I can remember this little, I wish I could plug a videocamera into my brain so I could just upload what I see in my mind's eye.

There's a very specific scene in that livingroom (livingroom is light-coloured, yellows or grays, tv against the wall, couch in front of it, in the background is the kitchen or an extension of the livingroom which is very bright), involving a scuffle between men at the door, then around the tv/the couch, then down behind the couch. There's blood involved, I think someone's either already dead in the bedroom or someone dies in the bedroom. They then go out into the street, and it looks like England a bit but it could be anywhere-- it's all gray and bricks. I think.

I'm almost positive there was conversation about some kind of dinner party or cocktail party or birthday party in that room.

Think one of the men had a beard but it's too hazy to really say any of this for certain, it's been so long my mind's probably just filling stuff in at this stage to try and make the memory more complete.

As well as 28 Weeks Later your description sounds kinda like the ending of The Zombie Diaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

It’s about a couple who are terrorised is their isolated house, by a group of teenagers. You never get to see the teenager’s faces because they are wearing hoods the whole time. Want to recommend it to a friend but can’t think of the name??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I think you might be thinking of Them.And there is a US film called The Strangers which was loosely based upon it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

This might not be it but it reminds me of Funny Games by Micheal Haneke. Its Austrian tho, in German and French language. Haven't watched it in ages so I can't remember if the youths are hooded, but the basic premise sounds the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    This might not be it but it reminds me of Funny Games by Micheal Haneke. Its Austrian tho, in German and French language. Haven't watched it in ages so I can't remember if the youths are hooded, but the basic premise sounds the same.

Its, Ils (Them), the above poster was right. Saw Funny Games too*, don't think it possible to say I liked it....I was deeply disturbed by it, which I imagine was the desired emotion the director wanted the audience to feel.

*I saw the remake not the original

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Can't find anything online regarding a film I've been trying to track down. I haven't seen it but been meaning to since I heard of it.

I saw a review years ago and it was of a film where luck was like a commodity, and people were tested to see how lucky they were.

They were made run across a busy highway or run blindfolded through a dense forest, for example. Whoever wasn't struck by a car or didn't run into a tree was deemed valuable in luck stakes.

I think it was foreign language, possibly French.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Can't find anything online regarding a film I've been trying to track down. I haven't seen it but been meaning to since I heard of it.

I saw a review years ago and it was of a film where luck was like a commodity, and people were tested to see how lucky they were.

They were made run across a busy highway or run blindfolded through a dense forest, for example. Whoever wasn't struck by a car or didn't run into a tree was deemed valuable in luck stakes.

I think it was foreign language, possibly French.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Boo.

Intact (2001) - Spanish

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220580/

or

http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/i/intacto.shtml

brian_t wrote: »

Thanks a million. Much appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi.

I remember seeing this movie a long time ago. I think it was made in the 1980s. It involves a guy oribting a desert planet in a small spacecraft. He either landed or crashed on the planet. He met some others on the planet and they were at war with another group. The guy helped build a large vehicle with a big trianglular v shaped part on the front.

Anyone remember this or have a few titles to throw at me?

BTW, it is not Enemy Mine (1985)

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

planet of the apes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Overature wrote: »
    planet of the apes?

No.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Saruman wrote: »

Hi Saruman. I am almost certain that is it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Glad I could help. Was it any good? Never saw it or even heard of it but decided to try my google powers with the description you gave.

Saruman wrote: »
    Glad I could help. Was it any good? Never saw it or even heard of it but decided to try my google powers with the description you gave.

From what I remember, it was good. I saw trailer here. The only thing missing is the truck with the v-shaped front barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

pogsick wrote: »
    It's been bugging me for a while, saw it when i was younger maybe 10-15yrs ago, it's about this girl-it turns out she's an alien which she only finds out when brought to hospital and finds out she has 2 hearts, and I think later in the movie there's like a sword/lightsaber-ish attack between her grandmother/mother with "the bad guy" in the movie.

I hope I've given enough info for someone to figure it out

Anyone able to help with this at all, I've searched high and low on the internet, the girl in question if I'm remembering correctly is blond and mid-teens and may be from a different world as opposed to a different planet

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks

pogsick wrote: »
    Anyone able to help with this at all, I've searched high and low on the internet, the girl in question if I'm remembering correctly is blond and mid-teens and may be from a different world as opposed to a different planet

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks

This could be it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284054/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Distant-Home-Graeme-Blundell/dp/B003M7NT9M

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the name of a movie (I think it was from early 1980s) that had a barbarian that was helped out by a mouse (at least in one scene anyway). I think it had 'Beast' in the title. Thanks.

Advertisement