Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Can someone tell me the names of movies where people walked through walls?

Cheers.

Scrooged
    Jumper
    X-Men The Last Stand

Also a scene in The Men Who Stare at Goats were he runs through a wall.

Now i think about it there was Ghost, Ghost Town, The Frighteners nearly every movie with a ghost involved in the plot

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Scrooged
    Jumper
    X-Men The Last Stand

Also a scene in The Men Who Stare at Goats were he runs through a wall.

Now i think about it there was Ghost, Ghost Town, The Frighteners nearly every movie with a ghost involved in the plot

I was gonna say Jumper but thats teleportation, not walking through walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Hi
    Saw a film about a few years ago and i cant rem the name, all i remember is that its set in england during ww1 or ww2 (probably ww2) and from what i can rem its about this boy whos father goes off to fight in the war and there just the boy hes sister and mother left at home, also the and his friends gather up loads of ammuntion that was dropped by the germans. Thats all I can rem:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

hoff1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Saw a film about a few years ago and i cant rem the name, all i remember is that its set in england during ww1 or ww2 (probably ww2) and from what i can rem its about this boy whos father goes off to fight in the war and there just the boy hes sister and mother left at home, also the and his friends gather up loads of ammuntion that was dropped by the germans. Thats all I can rem:)

Is it "Hope and Glory" by John Boorman.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093209/

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19871106/REVIEWS/711060304/1023

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Can someone name this horror movie. A man sat on chair and a button was pressed that caused a big spike to go up through the chair and kill the man. It may have been made in the 1980s.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Can someone name this horror movie. A man sat on chair and a button was pressed that caused a big spike to go up through the chair and kill the man.

According to a reviewer of "Crawlspace" (1986)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090881/combined

"I loved the chair with the knife that stabs people in the butt"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090881/usercomments?start=30

Hello brian_t. That could well be the one.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi. I saw this a very long time ago. I did not see all of it. There was a scene where a hand was crawling out of a cave (or over some rocks). And no it is not the hand from The Addams Family;).

Worztron, could it be Lost in Time, twas the follow up to Waxwork with Zach Galligan from Gremlins

Picked up the first one years ago, not sure if the second has a dvd release yet.
    Waxwork
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4FlHowFOc

Lost In Time (Waxwork 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8cEqqtwR8

Worztron, could it be Lost in Time, twas the follow up to Waxwork with Zach Galligan from Gremlins

Picked up the first one years ago, not sure if the second has a dvd release yet.
    Waxwork
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4FlHowFOc

Lost In Time (Waxwork 2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8cEqqtwR8

Hi jimbob_jones. No. It was not Waxwork II: Lost in Time (1992). My memory of the hand clip is vague. If I saw that part again, I'd recognise it.

I remember seeing this about 15 years ago. It was probably made in the 80s or 90s. It involved a groups of late teens/twenty something going to a remote old mansion. I think a few of the group decided to play practical jokes on the others – pretending the place was haunted or making it look like a mad man was after them. The scene I remember the most was near the end when someone who believed the tricks were real ended up chopping the head of one of the pranksters (the joker was wearing a disguise).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I can only remember one scene from the movie so please help lads.

There's a big lunch with lots of people in the back garden. There's a magic show going on with a little boy performing the tricks. He then get his friend, a little girl, to get into a box. He starts sawing the box and she lets out a scream. The dad runs over and opens the box only to find that the girl is indeed ok. the girl says something along the lines of "i'm a really good actress"

Doing my head in. i thought it was the illusionist but i'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

I can only remember one scene from the movie so please help lads.

There's a big lunch with lots of people in the back garden. There's a magic show going on with a little boy performing the tricks. He then get his friend, a little girl, to get into a box. He starts sawing the box and she lets out a scream. The dad runs over and opens the box only to find that the girl is indeed ok. the girl says something along the lines of "i'm a really good actress"

Doing my head in. i thought it was the illusionist but i'm not sure.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

SVG wrote: »

Thank you!

No more sleepless nights wondering what it was.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

Hi

I saw this film a few years ago (was shown on RTE 1 or 2 I think in the early hours of the morning) and I remember enjoying it. Not sure of the name and don't know any of the actors in the film.

All I can remember is that it was made in the 80's or possibly early 90's, set in East Berlin and was about this American guy who ends up in trouble over there with the Stasi.

There is one scene I remember most: when he finally escapes back to West Berlin, he goes straight to a McDonalds or Burger King and orders an "all american" hamburger. That is everything I can remember about it, a bit vague I know but I've been looking for the name of this film for ages!

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"An American cheeseburger, some American fries, and a nice, thick, American milkshake."

Gotcha!

One of my fav films of the 80's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

OutlawPete wrote: »
    "An American cheeseburger, some American fries, and a nice, thick, American milkshake."

Gotcha!

One of my fav films of the 80's :)

Thanks a mil!!! Its been about 10 years since Ive seen that and I couldnt for the life of me remember what it was called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Ok guys, really vague one here.

B&W film, probably Vincent Price type era. From what i can remember it was a horror set in a house and the only scene i remember is the protagonist screaming when he/she (Thats how hazy i am) sees a severed hand on a windowsill, then turns around to see what i recall being a goulish/bloody person and then a quick cut to a garden...

I know that is the most bizarre description but i saw this film maybe 15 years ago and ive thought about it often since then simply because after watching a halloween horror fest that night with friends on the tv and not being scared for an instant, this oldie came on and scared th e****e out of me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Sounds like The Beast With Five Fingers ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

This was an Irish film shown on tv maybe ten to twelve years ago. Was about a young couple from Dublin who went to London with a mate in order for the girl to have an abortion. Remember thinking it was a good film a the time, with funny moments. I think the friends name in the film was bubbles, if that is of any use in identifying the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110700/

O Mary this london

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Sounds like The Beast With Five Fingers

Nothing jumped out at me there but that very easily could be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Help appreciated but this realy is a long shot so I doubt we'll get this
    But I live in hope

It's a film about ancient Rome, one of those Sunday matinees RTÉ tend to show.

So colour and probably made in the 1960's or 70's at a guess. Not that modern

There are battle scences and the best fighter is a gladiator who was brought in to train and give leadership to the men.
    But the men are useless and lose so have what was known as decimation.
    They line the men up on a bridge and push every 10th man off.
    That's the kind of scence I'd remember!

Been searching for ages, searches show up Dacii.
    It's not that one as it was made in Romanian but similar look and similar film

Thanks!
    I realy have been searching for ages now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Ok guys, really vague one here.

B&W film, probably Vincent Price type era. From what i can remember it was a horror set in a house and the only scene i remember is the protagonist screaming when he/she (Thats how hazy i am) sees a severed hand on a windowsill, then turns around to see what i recall being a goulish/bloody person and then a quick cut to a garden...

I know that is the most bizarre description but i saw this film maybe 15 years ago and ive thought about it often since then simply because after watching a halloween horror fest that night with friends on the tv and not being scared for an instant, this oldie came on and scared th e****e out of me :D

Not B&W, but could it have been one of the Amicus classics 'And Now the Screaming Starts' or 'Dr Terror's House of Horror?'

That gave me nightmares for years when I was a kid.

Cheers Latenia but B&W is the one part im sure of. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Help appreciated but this realy is a long shot so I doubt we'll get this
    But I live in hope

It's a film about ancient Rome, one of those Sunday matinees RTÉ tend to show.

So colour and probably made in the 1960's or 70's at a guess. Not that modern

There are battle scences and the best fighter is a gladiator who was brought in to train and give leadership to the men.
    But the men are useless and lose so have what was known as decimation.
    They line the men up on a bridge and push every 10th man off.
    That's the kind of scence I'd remember!

Been searching for ages, searches show up Dacii.
    It's not that one as it was made in Romanian but similar look and similar film

Thanks!
    I realy have been searching for ages now

The Fall of the Roman Empire

It's about 3 minutes into this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kwhq738RTs

latenia wrote: »
    one of the Amicus classics 'And Now the Screaming Starts' or 'Dr Terror's House of Horror?'

Thanks, it was one of these that I was think of in my earlier post about a moving hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Cheers Latenia but B&W is the one part im sure of. :D

Funny, but I could have sworn that with both The Ladykillers and Murder By Death when I first saw them on RTÉ in the nineties. Only discovered when I bought them on DVD that they're colour films. I've often wondered whether I misremembered them, or if they were just shown in black and white for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 magnetman88

Hello Everyone!!

I seen a film but I cannot find the name of it anywhere and I dont know any actors in it!! So I am just going to chance my arm and put up a brief description of the film and hope maybe someone knows it??:eek:

I seen it on TV3 last year but basically-- This guy and his group of friends brings some work colleagues / friends out to the isolated mountains to his cabin for the weekend to go hunting. But basically they don't realise that they are being brought out to be hunted, killed and eaten. When they get to the cabin firstly all seems ok, the guy gives his work colleagues a nice big dinner and then tells them that they have a few minutes to run and try escape because they are going to hunt them, kill them and eat them??

I am just chancing my arm here with this now. I didnt get to see the whole film and my description is probably useless but hey why not give it a shot to find out what it is??

Thanks everyone!!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I seen it on TV3 last year but basically-- This guy and his group of friends brings some work colleagues / friends out to the isolated mountains to his cabin for the weekend to go hunting. But basically they don't realise that they are being brought out to be hunted, killed and eaten. When they get to the cabin firstly all seems ok, the guy gives his work colleagues a nice big dinner and then tells them that they have a few minutes to run and try escape because they are going to hunt them, kill them and eat them??

I am just chancing my arm here with this now. I didnt get to see the whole film and my description is probably useless but hey why not give it a shot to find out what it is??

Thanks everyone!!:D

Hmm. Is it 'Surviving the game' with Ice-T?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 magnetman88

spurious wrote: »
    Hmm. Is it 'Surviving the game' with Ice-T?

Thats it.. Thanks a million spurious, im just after watching the trailer on youtube now. Im glad I found it. My description wasnt the most accurate:eek: but it was kinda right!!:D

CHEERS AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I was watching Lifeforce (1985) a few days ago and it triggered a memory of another movie I remembered seeing in my teens (probably 80's, but movie maybe older than this),

all i can remember is a key scene from the start, where a metallic capsule is found in a british disused underground railway station, detectives and scientists are called in and a policeman is left to guard it overnight and is killed. It might be B&W but not sure. It's been bugging me all day.

Thanks.

Advertisement