Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I was watching Lifeforce (1985) a few days ago and it triggered a memory of another movie I remembered seeing in my teens (probably 80's, but movie maybe older than this),

all i can remember is a key scene from the start, where a metallic capsule is found in a british disused underground railway station, detectives and scientists are called in and a policeman is left to guard it overnight and is killed. It might be B&W but not sure. It's been bugging me all day.

Thanks.

Quatermass and the Pit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

that was fast, and thats it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

A film from the 1980s. There was this guy (I though he was played by actor William Hurt but I could be wrong). He had an evil twin. I remember a scene with a fish tank?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Dead Ringers I'd say.

Yes, that could well be it. Ta.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

I'm looking for the name of a TV mini series from the 80's or 90's (possibly 3 episodes):

It starts out that a train of passengers is travelling from one destination in England to another and their is some sort of world disaster, possibly a comet hitting Earth, one of the passengers a scientist was secretly on her way to a hidden complex to be croyogenically frozen to wait until the event had past and she was carrying a canister of croyogenic liquid, the train derails and the cannister leaks freezing the compartment of passengers for 50 years, they awaken and make there way to the complex.

Thanks.

I'm looking for the name of a TV mini series from the 80's or 90's (possibly 3 episodes):

It starts out that a train of passengers is travelling from one destination in England to another and their is some sort of world disaster, possibly a comet hitting Earth, one of the passengers a scientist was secretly on her way to a hidden complex to be croyogenically frozen to wait until the event had past and she was carrying a canister of croyogenic liquid, the train derails and the cannister leaks freezing the compartment of passengers for 50 years, they awaken and make there way to the complex.

Thanks.

The Last Train

• Registered Users Posts: 30 elbono

I just can't find this film. Please help me!!

It was about some rich guy who had a eclectic crime fighting team. The colour Gold was related to him somehow, maybe gold was in his name, his car was golden coloured anyway. His car was one of those old school 1940s cars with big skirts on the side you could step on.
    The main guy never got in the car, he stood on the side and pointed where he wanted to go.... ridiculous... brilliant.

The car was very much like this a vintage rolls royce phantom but without the roof. it was a convertible.

In one scene the guys are discussing some evil doer in "golden guy's" (my made up name) apartment when they get shot at. the bullet misses them because he's installed "refractive glass" that makes everything seem 3 inches to the right. Anyway, the apartment catches fire somehow and they have to put out the fire using "extinguisher globes" which are balls that they throw at the fire to put it out.

I think at one point a native american indian guy gets shot and killed. I can't remember much more.

Please Please Please help me... it's tormented me for years, i haven't been able to find anything about it on the internet.... I really hope someone out there has seen it too.

thanks, thats it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

elbono wrote: »

It was about some rich guy who had a eclectic crime fighting team. The colour Gold was related to him somehow, maybe gold was in his name, his car was golden coloured anyway. His car was one of those old school 1940s cars with big skirts on the side you could step on.
    The main guy never got in the car, he stood on the side and pointed where he wanted to go.... ridiculous... brilliant.

The car was very much like this a vintage rolls royce phantom but without the roof. it was a convertible.

In one scene the guys are discussing some evil doer in "golden guy's" (my made up name) apartment when they get shot at. the bullet misses them because he's installed "refractive glass" that makes everything seem 3 inches to the right. Anyway, the apartment catches fire somehow and they have to put out the fire using "extinguisher globes" which are balls that they throw at the fire to put it out.

I think at one point a native american indian guy gets shot and killed. I can't remember much more.

Please Please Please help me... it's tormented me for years, i haven't been able to find anything about it on the internet.... I really hope someone out there has seen it too.

not a clue but it sounds fantastic!! :)

• Advertisement

elbono wrote: »

Doc Savage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Christ almighty, Pete and Darko, how many (incredibly frickin' obscure) movies have you seen :eek: You're like Movie Gods!

Hi. I remember seeing a bit of this movie a long while back. There were 2 North American Indians. I think they were relatives (perhaps brothers). One brother said to the other brother (who was on the heavy side) that his diet seems to consist of sugar and grease. Anyone know this movie? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 elbono

You sir TRUELY are the King of Kings.... You have made one person unbelievably happy.

Thank you so much.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah I've seen that! It didn't click from the description at all though.

This is a time travel movie. It may have been made in the 1980s. A guy travels back in time to prevent assasination of JFK. Excellent movie, can't remember title though.

Worztron wrote: »
    This is a time travel movie. It may have been made in the 1980s. A guy travels back in time to prevent assasination of JFK. Excellent movie, can't remember title though.

Running Against Time

You've done it again Darko. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAusxtrbZZA&feature=related

liah wrote: »
    Christ almighty, Pete and Darko, how many (incredibly frickin' obscure) movies have you seen :eek: You're like Movie Gods!

Misspent youth on part anyway. Hung out in the local video shop a little too much. The stuff I usually wanted was over 18, like Confessions of a Window Cleaner or Porkeys, but when they would not let me have them, I would just end up going home with the obscure stuff as I'd seen everything else. When they did eventually let me have the Over 18 stuff, I wore out the pause button very quickly ;)

Hadn't seen Running Against Time, might watch it.

First thing that sprang to mind for me was in the TV show Quantum Leap and in one double episode, he leaps into into the body of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Won't tell you what happens .. watch it if you get the chance though, it's one of the better episodes of the show.

Here's a teaser ..

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

First thing that sprang to mind for me was in the TV show Quantum Leap and in one double episode, he leaps into into the body of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Won't tell you what happens .. watch it if you get the chance though, it's one of the better episodes of the show.

Of all the amazing episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

There's a horror movie my dad subjected me to when I was a young kid (among many movies) but this one stuck in my mind for a particular scene. I always thought I'd come across the movie again and make the connection and be satisfied with it but I've seen a lot of horror movies now and I haven't found it.

The only description of it I can give is vague and years old from memory so I doubt I'm going to get a responce...

Right... so it's two people running up or down a stairway(in a building I think). A man and woman. They're escaping from some evil humanoid creature that has no head... or is holding its head... or just has a head and an extra one to hold. It throws the head at the male and it bites onto his ankle... he screams in pain and the girl gets away. I don't know if the man then gets ****ed up when the body of the head catches up or if he's just slowed down with a bloody severed head biting him.

All I know other than that is that it's probably a **** movie and I was very scared by it when I was a kid (hence the memory sticking).

There's a horror movie my dad subjected me to when I was a young kid (among many movies) but this one stuck in my mind for a particular scene. I always thought I'd come across the movie again and make the connection and be satisfied with it but I've seen a lot of horror movies now and I haven't found it.

The only description of it I can give is vague and years old from memory so I doubt I'm going to get a responce...

Right... so it's two people running up or down a stairway(in a building I think). A man and woman. They're escaping from some evil humanoid creature that has no head... or is holding its head... or just has a head and an extra one to hold. It throws the head at the male and it bites onto his ankle... he screams in pain and the girl gets away. I don't know if the man then gets ****ed up when the body of the head catches up or if he's just slowed down with a bloody severed head biting him.

All I know other than that is that it's probably a **** movie and I was very scared by it when I was a kid (hence the memory sticking).

Re-Animator perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Haven't seen that movie...

Hmm, I'll get around to watching that sometime (ugh, looks terrible) and let ya know if it's it.

Haven't seen that movie...

Hmm, I'll get around to watching that sometime (ugh, looks terrible) and let ya know if it's it.

Check out the Dead Next store as it also has scenes of a decapitated head biting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That reminds me of one of Stephen Spielbergs' "Amazing Stories"..."Go to the Head of the Class"

I was watching Brimstone earler tonight and it triggered a few memories of another Horror TV Series that I believe was on around the same time, but cannot remember the name:

It's about a newspaper reporter (episode 1) whom whilst on a story one night is killed and during this scene he notices something supernatural about his killer, we later find out the killer was a demon. The reporter is brought back to life by God as an agent for a secret agency that battles evil demons trying to take over the world. He gets partnered with a coloured guy with an afro whom was killed in a similar situation in the 70's, each episode they battle demons. They must also follow 2 rules, they cannot have sex and cannot make contact with relatives, even though the reporter does.

Thanks.

I was watching Brimstone earler tonight and it triggered a few memories of another Horror TV Series that I believe was on around the same time, but cannot remember the name:

It's about a newspaper reporter (episode 1) whom whilst on a story one night is killed and during this scene he notices something supernatural about his killer, we later find out the killer was a demon. The reporter is brought back to life by God as an agent for a secret agency that battles evil demons trying to take over the world. He gets partnered with a coloured guy with an afro whom was killed in a similar situation in the 70's, each episode they battle demons. They must also follow 2 rules, they cannot have sex and cannot make contact with relatives, even though the reporter does.

Thanks.

It's the brilliant but rareely seen Good Vs. Evil aka GVA.

It's the brilliant but rareely seen Good Vs. Evil aka GVA.

that's it, thanks

Hi. I remember seeing this movie about 2 years ago. I'm not sure what year it was made (perhaps 1990s). It was like a parody of the 1960s Batman movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/. Can anyone remember the name?

• Advertisement

Hi. I remember seeing this movie about 2 years ago. I'm not sure what year it was made (perhaps 1990s). It was like a parody of the 1960s Batman movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/. Can anyone remember the name?

Return to the Batcave perhaps, there's been dozens of parodies of the 50s Batman so it's hard to narrow it down.

Advertisement