Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Hi guys just wondering if you could help me....

I'm searching for a movie about the devil (I think), I thought Denzel Washington was in it but I've already used IMDB and found nothing.

The devil passes through people by touching them and he is a cop. It ends up towards the end with him rushing to a snowbound cottage in a woods somewhere.

Hope you can help me with the name. Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Hi guys just wondering if you could help me....

I'm searching for a movie about the devil (I think), I thought Denzel Washington was in it but I've already used IMDB and found nothing.

The devil passes through people by touching them and he is a cop. It ends up towards the end with him rushing to a snowbound cottage in a woods somewhere.

Hope you can help me with the name. Thank you in advance.
    Fallen, love that film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭KurtRussel

I know I should post this in the movie identification thread but this movie is so obscure and old and out of print and in all sorts of movie purgatory.

I'm trying to track down a kung fu movie I saw years ago. It's about some super ancient awesome technique that hardens your fists. I remember the guy would smash his fist repeatedly into a barrel of stones or possibly even hot coals, and whenever he fights, his hands glow red, like hot iron!

Any ideas?

It's King Boxer and in future post in Film Identification thread as it's pointless ahving a sticky if people ignore it. Also it's widely available, HMV have it all the time in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

It's King Boxer and in future post in Film Identification thread as it's pointless ahving a sticky if people ignore it. Also it's widely available, HMV have it all the time in stock.

Yeah, it sounds like King Boxer alright. The DVD has a fun Quentin Tarantino commentary as well. If you like 'King Boxer' check out '36th Chamber of Shaolin'. Great Double bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭KurtRussel

It's King Boxer and in future post in Film Identification thread as it's pointless ahving a sticky if people ignore it.

No back seat moderating please, thank you.

I've just flicked through the movie on youtube, I don't think this is it. I'd say it might have been a rip off of King Boxer though. I rented it on VHS a good 15 years ago. But I'll watch it all and report back, there's one scene that I remember very clearly that I can look out for.

KurtRussel wrote: »
    No back seat moderating please, thank you.

I've just flicked through the movie on youtube, I don't think this is it. I'd say it might have been a rip off of King Boxer though. I rented it on VHS a good 15 years ago. But I'll watch it all and report back, there's one scene that I remember very clearly that I can look out for.

Not back seat moderating, this thread exists for the sole purpose of helping people find the name of films they are looking for. If everyone was to do what you did and ignore it then the main page would soon be cluttered with threads asking the same questions. This thread is a nice tidy alternative which works magnificently well so why fuck with the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

A French movie. I think it was made in the early 1980s. A mother and daughter go to live in a relatives holiday home by the beach. Great movie. I have no idea of the name of it though.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not back seat moderating, this thread exists for the sole purpose of helping people find the name of films they are looking for. If everyone was to do what you did and ignore it then the main page would soon be cluttered with threads asking the same questions. This thread is a nice tidy alternative which works magnificently well so why fuck with the formula.

meh, the mods would (and have) moved it, dude's not a regular and probably didn't see the thread, easy mistake.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    meh, the mods would (and have) moved it, dude's not a regular and probably didn't see the thread, easy mistake.
    KurtRussel wrote: »
    I know I should post this in the movie identification thread but this movie is so obscure and old and out of print and in all sorts of movie purgatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Worztron wrote: »
    A French movie. I think it was made in the early 1980s. A mother and daughter go to live in a relatives holiday home by the beach. Great movie. I have no idea of the name of it though.
    Could it be Pauline à la plage (Pauline at the Beach) from 1983? The two women were actually cousins, but looked like mother and daughter since one was much older.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

bnt wrote: »
    Could it be Pauline à la plage (Pauline at the Beach) from 1983? The two women were actually cousins, but looked like mother and daughter since one was much older.

That is it! You are on the ball! ;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Ok guys... need you to all come together and help lay to rest a movie I have been trying to find for nearly 20 years... I saw it when I was about 10 or 11 years old.

The movie is set in America (small town maybe) and there is some kind of cliff road where crooked cops (I'm pretty sure they are cops) are forcing cars over the side and to their deaths.

I man (ex stunt driver I think) is hired to try and put an end to this. He then spends time driving to the edge of the cliff face and practicing handbrake turns and the like to avoid going off.

The movie ends with the hero forcing to cops over the edge of the cliff.

WHAT IS THIS MOVIE ??????
    Please help me someone - feel like I am going mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not sure why I haven’t asked this before but remember being freaked out by a late night BBC offering a few years ago but onlya couple of details have stuck in my mind.

Was probably based in desert/mountain smallville USA. Star was either a one-time name actor, or more likely the brother of a name actor (not sure). Anyway, I think the whole thing descends into the main character cannibalising people so much he ends up with a constant blood red stain on his mouth. Right at the end fo the film he appears with his face painted; white at the top, and red from nose down.

I’m not even sure it was people he was eating, it could’ve been wild animals. Pretty poor film but that end scene made me want to re-watch it to see what I hadn’t been paying attention to.

Any help is greatly appreicated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Dodge wrote: »
    Not sure why I haven’t asked this before but remember being freaked out by a late night BBC offering a few years ago but onlya couple of details have stuck in my mind.

Was probably based in desert/mountain smallville USA. Star was either a one-time name actor, or more likely the brother of a name actor (not sure). Anyway, I think the whole thing descends into the main character cannibalising people so much he ends up with a constant blood red stain on his mouth. Right at the end fo the film he appears with his face painted; white at the top, and red from nose down.

I’m not even sure it was people he was eating, it could’ve been wild animals. Pretty poor film but that end scene made me want to re-watch it to see what I hadn’t been paying attention to.

Any help is greatly appreicated

I don't remember if he paints his face or anything in it but could it be Ravenous?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129332/

Thanks for trying but I probably should've mentioned I think its a 1970s flick

Definitely at least 10 years since I watched it on TV

So on a hunch I tried a couple of things (a mate thought th eactor was Kieth David or David Keith). Anyway found the film, it’s the 1987 film “White of the Eye”. Plot synopsis doesn’t really tell me if he’s a cannibal but he’s definitely serial killer. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094320/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_of_the_Eye_(film)

Here’s one of the images that stuck in my mind http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/ec1/4bc97de5017a3c57fe039ec1/white-of-the-eye-original.jpg

Thanks to anyone who thought about it for me. Given the vague garbage I posted above, sorry for sending you off on wild goose chases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Right, here's one.

It's a 1980s/1990s American comedy film.

This white-collar type guy gets sent to jail.

He is a total nerd, I think he looks like Tom Hanks or Steve Guttenberg.

He is scared of the other men in jail, they are all big, tough hardened criminal types.

He is put on trial in court.

A beautiful woman is called as a witness, who says the man was brilliant in bed.

The press go wild in the court room and report this in the papers and on TV.

He is then led back to jail and all the other prisoners are cheering and
    applauding him.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi folks,
    I saw a film back in the 80`s that was absolutely brilliant and I cant for the life of me remember the title. It was about a couple in the usa deep south who had a kid and the social services wanted to force them to put it into care or foster it.

They were teenagers and decided to make a run for Mexico with the kid and the drama unfolded from there ending up in shootouts and about 300 police cars in a convoy following them down this typical us motorway with helicopters and media crew in every town they went through.

I always remember one quote from an old boy who was a sharpshooter trying to stop them......"I could get him in the medulla, but he might squeeze off a spasm shot". It was of the "Cool Hand Luke" genre and a real cliff hanger.

Anyone got any idea what it was called. I thought Shelly Duval was the girl and Martin Sheen the fellow but I was mistaken.......Im mixing it up with Badlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I saw a film back in the 80`s that was absolutely brilliant and I cant for the life of me remember the title. It was about a couple in the usa deep south who had a kid and the social services wanted to force them to put it into care or foster it.

They were teenagers and decided to make a run for Mexico with the kid and the drama unfolded from there ending up in shootouts and about 300 police cars in a convoy following them down this typical us motorway with helicopters and media crew in every town they went through.

I always remember one quote from an old boy who was a sharpshooter trying to stop them......"I could get him in the medulla, but he might squeeze off a spasm shot". It was of the "Cool Hand Luke" genre and a real cliff hanger.

Anyone got any idea what it was called. I thought Shelly Duval was the girl and Martin Sheen the fellow but I was mistaken.......Im mixing it up with Badlands.

Could it be The Sugarland Express
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sugarland_Express
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072226/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

brian t yer bang on the money there.....I have been trying for weeks to get the name of that film and it was just gone from its memory location in my brain.

I even tried searching filmographys by Sisy Spasek and james woods in the hope that it might revive the dead cells.....but no joy. It was part of a series of films on BBC I think called "The great American Picture Show" and they were all really good. A lot were westerns and very true to life. Thanks a million m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Right, here's one.

It's a 1980s/1990s American comedy film.

This white-collar type guy gets sent to jail.

He is a total nerd, I think he looks like Tom Hanks or Steve Guttenberg.

He is scared of the other men in jail, they are all big, tough hardened criminal types.

He is put on trial in court.

A beautiful woman is called as a witness, who says the man was brilliant in bed.

The press go wild in the court room and report this in the papers and on TV.

He is then led back to jail and all the other prisoners are cheering and
    applauding him.

Any ideas?

Doin' Time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089036/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Ok guys... need you to all come together and help lay to rest a movie I have been trying to find for nearly 20 years... I saw it when I was about 10 or 11 years old.

The movie is set in America (small town maybe) and there is some kind of cliff road where crooked cops (I'm pretty sure they are cops) are forcing cars over the side and to their deaths.

I man (ex stunt driver I think) is hired to try and put an end to this. He then spends time driving to the edge of the cliff face and practicing handbrake turns and the like to avoid going off.

The movie ends with the hero forcing to cops over the edge of the cliff.

WHAT IS THIS MOVIE ??????
    Please help me someone - feel like I am going mad!

0.jpg
    The California Kid

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071268/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

should be a handy enough one.

there's a guy, he has to drive across the city in 20 minutes, 20 miles, 20 minutes, for some sort of bet but there are other cars trying to stop him. the bad guy is called the fat man and in the end he hides under ground in an american football stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 funnky

Hi,
    I once seen a film about 6 years ago which I thought was called something like"Shooter" but I cant find it now.
    I know there was a recent film called shooter with Mark walberg in it,but its definitely not that.

It was an Austrailian film about a sniper and it was made like a mocumentary.It starts off with a guy coming home in his car,his garage door opens,drives in,garage door closes,gets out of the car,lights go out and all of a sudden flashes of light as the guy is being shot at.
    The film then begins but i cant for the life of me remember the name.
    Something very similar to -Shooter or Sniper or something like that.

Please someone help me cos it is a great movie,

Cheers

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

funnky wrote: »
    Hi,
    I once seen a film about 6 years ago which I thought was called something like"Shooter" but I cant find it now.
    I know there was a recent film called shooter with Mark walberg in it,but its definitely not that.

It was an Austrailian film about a sniper and it was made like a mocumentary.It starts off with a guy coming home in his car,his garage door opens,drives in,garage door closes,gets out of the car,lights go out and all of a sudden flashes of light as the guy is being shot at.
    The film then begins but i cant for the life of me remember the name.
    Something very similar to -Shooter or Sniper or something like that.

Please someone help me cos it is a great movie,

Cheers

It's called The Magician: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461989/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 funnky

Mickeroo , thank you so much.
    Thats it,spot on,fair play to you,that has been wrecking my head for so long.
    Your a star,I never would have thought of the word Magician.
    I cant wait to finish work now,gonna go home,have a few smokes & a few drinks and sit down and watch it.

Anyone else that reads this I highly recommend you watch this film.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

i don't remember much but its from the 90's and danish and there's a butcher in it who is the main character or one of them anyway i think. he has a little shop in a small village. there is loads of it set in a forest too right beside the little village. think the butcher is having it off with someone elses wife too. its not much to go on i know:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Advertisement