Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

brian_t wrote: »
    Franco ruled Spain from after WW2 untill 1975. I should think that there would be many political films and satires dealing with this period in Spanish cinema.

I got it slightly wrong. It's not set during Francoist Spain. It's set in modern times and it's about a neofascist group in Spain. There is a scene in it in which they visit Franco's tomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I got it slightly wrong. It's not set during Francoist Spain. It's set in modern times and it's about a neofascist group in Spain. There is a scene in it in which they visit Franco's tomb.

Taxi ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_(1997_film)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

watched some old westerns/war flics recently. Trying to remember one from when I was a kid. Ended up with a bunch of cowboys/us calvary troops trapped in a canyon by Indians, a few of them get caught and tortured/killed.
    In the end a large regiment of us calvary troops come over the hill to save the day :)

any ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

syboit wrote: »
    In the end a large regiment of us calvary troops come over the hill to save the day :)

.. any ideas ?

Sounds like Dual at Diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Okay here is a weird one, I remember when I was young, my dad was watching a movie in the sitting room while I was playing with my toys. Long story short I had a quick glimpse of the movie and it scared the shiz out of me !

The scene I remember was a man walking through a bushy area and some guy with an axe or a hatchet attacking him, pretty sure he kept hitting him in the head, then wrapped his body in plastic and threw it into the river.

The next scene was a guy with a bandaged head in a pub? I think..

Anyway I was about 9 at the time, I'm 27 now so the film is around 16 - 18 years old minimum.

Sorry, just remembered this when i read the thread and it interests me to see it now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I saw a movie on TV a long time ago (late 70s perhaps)
    All I can remember was that they were parachuting cattle from a plane into some remote region! Possibly in the US.
    I know this is a long, long, long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Sounds like Dual at Diablo.

thanks, I think thats it allright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

I saw this very strange movie recently. I think it was made in the 2000s. It involved a woman being captured and tortured. One of the captors, an older woman knew she was going to be captured by the police and shot herself in the head at the end of the film. Can anyone tell me the name of the movie?

Edit: It was Martyrs (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I feel really stupid asking this as I saw the film about 6 months ago but just can't remember the name and want to track it down on DVD.

Guy is a writer on a book tour with his brother. In the motel one night, the phone rings and it's a woman talking seductively. They have phone sex and keep in touch

Complete and utter spoiler:
    and fall for eachother other the phone, eventually leading to them meeting up in person. "She" is really a gay man. They meet at a diner, the guy explains why he did it. The writer ends up understanding how lonely he felt. They go their separate ways.

Anyway, like I said I can remember the film, just not the name or the names of any of the actors.

I think it was made in 2009 or 2010, American.

00112984 wrote: »
    I feel really stupid asking this as I saw the film about 6 months ago but just can't remember the name and want to track it down on DVD.

Guy is a writer on a book tour with his brother. In the motel one night, the phone rings and it's a woman talking seductively. They have phone sex and keep in touch

Complete and utter spoiler:
    and fall for eachother other the phone, eventually leading to them meeting up in person. "She" is really a gay man. They meet at a diner, the guy explains why he did it. The writer ends up understanding how lonely he felt. They go their separate ways.

Anyway, like I said I can remember the film, just not the name or the names of any of the actors.

I think it was made in 2009 or 2010, American.

It's the pretty entertaining Easier with Practice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

It's the pretty entertaining Easier with Practice

That's the one!
    Thanks Darko.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vipervillain

looking for the name of a film im near sure its irish made
    it was out in cinema a couple of months back. i only read that a group of people are stuck in a house/cabin in a woods due to an external end of the world event that is never revealed in the film.
    i remember reading about it but then forgot the name

looking for the name of a film im near sure its irish made
    it was out in cinema a couple of months back. i only read that a group of people are stuck in a house/cabin in a woods due to an external end of the world event that is never revealed in the film.
    i remember reading about it but then forgot the name

One Hundred Mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vipervillain

ah darko thats the one quickoff the mark too thought id be waiting a while for that 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, a film i saw when i was younger, and what i hallucinate of when i have glandular fever. I think it's a live action movie, can't remember much of it, but there's a scene with a skeleton in it, and it's laughing and drinking from a bottle, possibly empty, and maybe you can see the liquid going through the bones. Can't remember exactly, but i'm sure it's some childrens fantasy film... :confused:

Ok, a film i saw when i was younger, and what i hallucinate of when i have glandular fever. I think it's a live action movie, can't remember much of it, but there's a scene with a skeleton in it, and it's laughing and drinking from a bottle, possibly empty, and maybe you can see the liquid going through the bones. Can't remember exactly, but i'm sure it's some childrens fantasy film... :confused:

Could be Hellboy

hellboy-22_480_poster.jpg

Could be Hellboy

hellboy-22_480_poster.jpg

Ah no, well before that, back in the 90's i'd say. Probably should have mentioned the approximate year when i initially asked! :P

Edit: may be late 80's also... :rolleyes:

Ah no, well before that, back in the 90's i'd say. Probably should have mentioned the approximate year when i initially asked! :P

Perhaps Army of Darkness? There is an 80s horror film in which a skeleton drinks and you see it flow out of him, can't think of it atm but I have the DVD someplace. It's one of those unsung classics which you can't help but love yet the title forever seems lost to you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Perhaps Army of Darkness? There is an 80s horror film in which a skeleton drinks and you see it flow out of him, can't think of it atm but I have the DVD someplace. It's one of those unsung classics which you can't help but love yet the title forever seems lost to you.

I swear I can picture the scene described, doing my head in now :pac:

I keep thinking of The Goonies but it definitley wasn't that, I think it was something along those lines though. Pretty sure there was a similar scene in the first Pirates of the Carribean also.

I'm 99% sure it was a childrens/teens film, i remember the Bruce Cambell films well enough (i should say I'm 28, so i'm sure it's not Army of Darkness, but it's more than likely the other one you're thinking of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

.. there's a scene with a skeleton in it, and it's laughing and drinking from a bottle, possibly empty, and maybe you can see the liquid going through the bones..

Any chance it's this John Forsythe scene from Scrooged (embedded to play from selected scene):

Nope, thats not it either. I had a recollection over night, and i think the skeleton is between or beside a wardrobe, he can't walk or anything, it's like he's in place, and all he keeps saying is "give me a drink, please, give me a drink", it's like it's a test this person meeting the skeleton has to pass or something... :confused:

Also, the skeleton is pure bones, nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 owk4rce

Hi. Could you help me with identification of movie by the frame: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4429/pic123w.jpg ? I know that this is a vampire movie because i found this frame on the page of one cinema competition about vampire movies. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Is it Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

This is a 1993 film so fits the time you think it was set in but the description of the skeleton doesn't really fit.

Also, I will admit I have only seen about a half an hour of this film but the drinking skeleton just seems to ring a bell.

Here's the trailer to it anyway:

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Nope, thats not it either. I had a recollection over night, and i think the skeleton is between or beside a wardrobe, he can't walk or anything, it's like he's in place, and all he keeps saying is "give me a drink, please, give me a drink", it's like it's a test this person meeting the skeleton has to pass or something... :confused:

Also, the skeleton is pure bones, nothing else.

Could it be "The Last Unicorn" 1982

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084237/maindetails

The script for this movie can be found here

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/l/last-unicorn-script-transcript-unicorns.html

Script excerpt :-

SKULL: Done! Give me one drink now and I'll tell you anything you want to
    know.
    SCHMENDRICK: You can have all of it - after you tell us the way.
    SKULL: The way is through the clock.
    SCHMENDRICK: Through that?
    MOLLY GRUE: You mean, when the clock strikes the right time it opens, and
    there's a secret stair?
    SKULL: That clock will never strike the right time. You just walk through
    it and the Red Bull is on the other side. Give me the wine.

brian_t wrote: »
    Could it be "The Last Unicorn" 1982

Bang! Thats it! Before i was born, obviously didn't see it till the 90's! Remember it differently, and nearly 100% positive that it wasn't animated, but there you go! Cheers!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bang! Thats it! Before i was born, obviously didn't see it till the 90's! Remember it differently, and nearly 100% positive that it wasn't animated, but there you go! Cheers!!!

Ah I remember that film vividly, didn't think of it at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Really tough one here.

B-movie. 80's.

Final scene sees a guy get in a knife fight with some guy in the boiler room or something of his highschool.

He kills the guy, gets the girl, goes outside to the assembled crowd, punches the headmaster!!! and says something to the coach like 'so do I make the team now' or something.

All very cheesy. Saw the last ten minutes a few years back and decided I must see the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

No one has any idea what mine is ? :( On the previous page.. :(:(

• Advertisement

-Vega- wrote: »
    No one has any idea what mine is ? :( On the previous page.. :(:(

Nope :( Remember anything else about it?

Advertisement