Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bhk123 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking for a movie/tv movie or maybe an episode of a series.... dont know :(

probably 1997-2006 (sorry thats the best i got) i geuss it's sci-fi genre

all i remember from it is: a good guy a bad guy,the good guy might be a cyborg or have an artifical heart not sure...

the bad guy i think kidnappes this girl for some knowlege
    i remember a scene in witch he connects these little pumps to her forehead so she can control this computer or somthing
    i remeber there is a virtual reality aspect to it beacaue there were these pods or sits that have like 3 crytal looking sticks on each side of the head and they close down like a crab's legs and then glow white.. and then the person enter this vr or cyber spcae or somthing...' the thing i rememr the most is that the good guy defeats the bad guy in the virtual reality in a game the resembles "half life" or some sorth of a first person shooter and a female voice computer tells the hero where to find the rocket luancher i think.... that's it! who ever solves this 1 is the best of.... the best........ hands down...

Try this list here: http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/virtual-reality-movies/

At first I thought Virtuosity or Existenz but I don't think it's either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

bhk123 wrote: »
    no it's not that.... probably a tv movie or an episode of somthing.... :( help
    I never saw the movie, but it sounds like "Virtuosity".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114857/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Thanks, but it's not that one.

It actually wasn't on Netflix I saw it. I checked a forum on a site I use to download sometimes (the topics I thanked) and found it that way.

It's rubbishly titled 'Night Wolf'! :pac:
    I take it you didn't click on the link then. Night Wolf = 13 Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Ape X wrote: »
    I take it you didn't click on the link then. Night Wolf = 13 Hours.

Ha! No I didn't - because I knew it wasn't called 13 hours...or so I thought...I mean I just new it wasn't that title that I watched. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

seen a movie in the 80's, rented from a video store, for some reason i think it was linked to nightmare on elm st., all i remember was a female robot at the end killing people and repeating B B Control. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

zombiepaw wrote: »
    seen a movie in the 80's, rented from a video store, for some reason i think it was linked to nightmare on elm st., all i remember was a female robot at the end killing people and repeating B B Control. Any ideas?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090917/

Think it could be 'Deadly friend'? havent seen it for years but it was good fun at the time!

Sounds like the movie "Deadly Friend". It was directed by Wes Craven, same director of Nightmare On Elm Street.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQj2GKwKp5w

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 IrishMafia

It was 11 o'clock at night on the 29th of September 2012, and well i was watching this advertisement and a pop up of a girl i think of a horror movie ad came up? Anyone know the name of the movie advert? thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No need to shout, we can hear you!

Also: More specific details would be nice. TV? Cinema? What channel?

Also also: Moved to movie identification.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Try this list here: http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/virtual-reality-movies/

At first I thought Virtuosity or Existenz but I don't think it's either of those.
    I'm still waiting for the identification of my unknown movie... :(

i have another 1 i need help with probably a ,tv movie from 2000-2006 sci-fi action
    mybe filmed in france probably in english
    might have ninja aspects
    i remember a secne where this woman (might be japanese) gives birth in the forest and it was raining i think....
    the Fetus rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cacooned) and he killed the mother.
    and another secne where this guy buys this game from a video game store a game that maybe hasnt came out yet
    and the video game is somhow transmits this signals to a neck implant....... thats all i recall..... oh and the ending is that a kid plays the video game(in the apartment) and the guy fights this monster (the fetus from before) (i think) and makes him do some martial arts moves and cut off the "monster" head i think. nice ending.

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bhk123
    no it's not that.... probably a tv movie or an episode of somthing.... help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Right;

One dad and 2 sons. The dad kills people who go against god, brainwashes one son, but the other doesn't work, strange twist in the end with regards to the sons.

Its a horror movie and my friend is looking for the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Right;

One dad and 2 sons. The dad kills people who go against god, brainwashes one son, but the other doesn't work, strange twist in the end with regards to the sons.

Its a horror movie and my friend is looking for the name of it.

Frailty

Good watch actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Here's One for you.

Seen this film on RTE 1 on June 23, 1986 Just before the Barry McGuigan V Steve Cruz fight.

It was about a little girl that see's her dead brothers ghost and he tell's her to do increasingly nasty things ending in killing the parents.

I was only nine at the time and the film freaked me out :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

omega42 wrote: »
    Here's One for you.

Seen this film on RTE 1 on June 23, 1986 Just before the Barry McGuigan V Steve Cruz fight.

It was about a little girl that see's her dead brothers ghost and he tell's her to do increasingly nasty things ending in killing the parents.

Don't go to Sleep?

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bhk123
    no it's not that.... probably a tv movie or an episode of somthing.... help

no it's not it... the hero is not black. damn i thoght for sure the crytal looking sticks that close like crabs legs with help.........virtual reality aspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Here's One for you.

Sorry don't know it (but it just reminds me that at times like this I wish I had access to the Irish Times Archive :( )

i have another 1 i need help with probably a ,tv movie from 2000-2006 sci-fi action
    mybe filmed in france probably in english
    might have ninja aspects
    i remember a secne where this woman (might be japanese) gives birth in the forest and it was raining i think....
    the Fetus rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cacooned) and he killed the mother.
    and another secne where this guy buys this game from a video game store a game that maybe hasnt came out yet
    and the video game is somhow transmits this signals to a neck implant....... thats all i recall..... oh and the ending is that a kid plays the video game(in the apartment) and the guy fights this monster (the fetus from before) (i think) and makes him do some martial arts moves and cut off the "monster" head i think. nice ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

This has wrecked my head for years and cant trace it on the net. It was in the 80's and the leading man was a robot thingy that comes to Earth and meets these kids and he helps them to look for the body of a missing boy. As far as I know Emilio Estevez was in it and maybe one of the Corey brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Sully34 wrote: »
    This has wrecked my head for years and cant trace it on the net. It was in the 80's and the leading man was a robot thingy that comes to Earth and meets these kids and he helps them to look for the body of a missing boy. As far as I know Emilio Estevez was in it and maybe one of the Corey brothers.

If you take the robot out of the equation, then it sounds exactly like
    Stand By Me

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    If you take the robot out of the equation, then it sounds exactly like
    Stand By Me
    Was Emilio Estevez in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Was Emilio Estevez in that?

No.

River Phoenix and Corey Feldman were in it. Click the link for full cast summary.

RichT wrote: »
    No.

River Phoenix and Corey Feldman were in it. Click the link for full cast summary.
    Nah it wasnt that. Im sure it was some kind of alien robot thing in it

Nah it wasnt that. Im sure it was some kind of alien robot thing in it

Had a look through Emilio Estevez's imdb there and nothing jumped out at me: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000389/

Had a look through Emilio Estevez's imdb there and nothing jumped out at me: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000389/
    Damn I was pretty sure it was him. I think it was in black and white as well. It was a big film when it came out in the 80's

Thank you, you have no idea how long i've been looking for that
    Don't go to Sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Thank you, you have no idea how long i've been looking for that

you can watch it on youtube!! loved it when i was little.

Thanks for that, my god it looks so old lol
    you can watch it on youtube!! loved it when i was little.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

hey guys , looking for a name of a film i have read alot about on here. it's an asian film?? about a police officer/detectives daughter/maybe wife gets kidnapped by a long haired ugly chap. any help???

• Advertisement

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    hey guys , looking for a name of a film i have read alot about on here. it's an asian film?? about a police officer/detectives daughter/maybe wife gets kidnapped by a long haired ugly chap. any help???

I Saw the Devil?

Advertisement