Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Movie about a man running(I believe across America).

The man is an amputee. But people keep stopping and offering him a lift but he refuses all their offers.

Remember small bits of the movie, was quiet young when I saw it...

So if you can name it, it would be fantastic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Forrest Gump?

The man is an amputee. But people keep stopping and offering him a lift but he refuses all their offers.

roughly how long ago?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems it was Canada, not the US. The Terry Fox Story: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086427/

Also a newer version: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467697/

vektarman wrote: »
    Forrest Gump?

No...

The amputee is the guy running...

Think if he completes his run unaided he wins something?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems it was Canada, not the US. The Terry Fox Story: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086427/

Also a newer version: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467697/

That sounds like it cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

I have another 1 i need help with probably a ,tv movie from 2000-2006 sci-fi action
    mybe filmed in france probably in english
    might have ninja aspects
    i remember a secne where this woman (might be japanese) gives birth in the forest and it was raining i think....
    the Fetus rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cacooned) and he killed the mother.
    and another secne where this guy buys this game from a video game store a game that maybe hasnt came out yet
    and the video game is somhow transmits this signals to a neck implant....... thats all i recall..... oh and the ending is that a kid plays the video game(in the apartment) and the guy fights this monster (the fetus from before) (i think) and makes him do some martial arts moves and cut off the "monster" head i think. nice ending.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please stop reposting that question - it's probable that no-one knows what the film is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

theres a thing at the start of this video reminded me of a film i watched when i was a kid does anyone have any idea what movie it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

blankety blank!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

theres a thing at the start of this video reminded me of a film i watched when i was a kid does anyone have any idea what movie it is?

Fixed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Ba you flying again fool ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Let me use my psychic powers :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Ah it's one of these...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Found it was Spaced Invaders! After being cracking up laughing for the past 2 hours this was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mickeroo wrote: »

i thanked thi cos op forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

I need help identifying a tv sci-fi action movie from 2000-2006, maybe filmed in France, but the language is probably English. It might have ninja aspects.

I remember a scene where this woman (might be Japanese) gives birth in the forest; it was raining I think. within seconds The baby rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cocooned) and he kills his mother (the host). There's another scene where this guy buys this game from a video game store, a game that maybe hasn't come out yet, and the video game somehow transmits a signal to a neck implant.

That's all I recall. Oh, and the ending is that a kid is playing the video game (in the apartment) and the guy fights the monster (the baby from before, I think) on the roof and makes him do some martial arts moves and cuts off the monster's head I think. It was a nice ending.

P.S.- i think there is another girl thats gonna be a "host" and the hero protects her....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Sorry, I don't know. :( Just like I didn't know it the 10 previous times you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

bhk123 wrote: »
    I need help identifying a tv sci-fi action movie from 2000-2006, maybe filmed in France, but the language is probably English. It might have ninja aspects.

I remember a scene where this woman (might be Japanese) gives birth in the forest; it was raining I think. within seconds The baby rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cocooned) and he kills his mother (the host). There's another scene where this guy buys this game from a video game store, a game that maybe hasn't come out yet, and the video game somehow transmits a signal to a neck implant.

That's all I recall. Oh, and the ending is that a kid is playing the video game (in the apartment) and the guy fights the monster (the baby from before, I think) on the roof and makes him do some martial arts moves and cuts off the monster's head I think. It was a nice ending.

P.S.- i think there is another girl thats gonna be a "host" and the hero protects her....

You keep asking but you never get a reply. Ever get the impression that nobody knows what you're talking about? Repeatedly asking the same question is getting tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Schindler's List

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Can it be the huge budget academy award winning sci fi epic.... Aliens Vs Ninja... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkGAVdFDuEw

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

Sully34 wrote: »
    Nah it wasnt that. Im sure it was some kind of alien robot thing in it

Are you thinking of Repo Man from 1984? Starred Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton. I think it was some kind of alien in the boot of the car, maybe not quite what you said, but it may be in the general ball park!
    Either way it's a pretty wild movie:) Worth a watch.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087995/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mannix1888

There is a documentary film that came out this year I think, that was made in the style of Koyaanisqatsi (1982), which was a non-narritive film comprising a collection of landscape and seascape shots. Meant to see it when it was in some Art house cinemas on a restricted release but missed it and can't remember the name of the film now. Can anyone think of the name of it?

Mannix1888 wrote: »
    There is a documentary film that came out this year I think, that was made in the style of Koyaanisqatsi (1982), which was a non-narritive film comprising a collection of landscape and seascape shots. Meant to see it when it was in some Art house cinemas on a restricted release but missed it and can't remember the name of the film now. Can anyone think of the name of it?
    SAMSARA?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mannix1888

SAMSARA?

Samsara that's it, thanks mate. IMDB have it dated 2011.

Samsara that's it, thanks mate. IMDB have it dated 2011.
    It's one I didn't manage to see either. Will have to get it on DVD some time. The trailer looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Could be Baraka, that was another movie with just visuals and an awesome musical score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucji1w0h30A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Could be Baraka, that was another movie with just visuals and an awesome musical score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucji1w0h30A

Or possibly Samsara? (same director)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

I am looking for a recent chinese movie (in the last 6-7 years) that thats about these 2 hidden cities.

Both these cities have skilled assassins with special powers and both these cities hate each other.

The emperor is afraid of these two cities and organizes a tournament where 5 fighters from each city will fight to death to find the winner.

So as the best fighters fight among themselves, the king sends an army to find the city and destroy it.

Can anyone help me pleae?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'm looking for a movie I think from the 80s (maybe early 90s)

Its set in a jungle and rebels/terrorists are trying to capture people filming a movie. It then shows that it was just staged as part of the movie. Then 'real' rebels come and try capturing the cast that were filming in the first instance. It turns out that this is just staged too as part of the movie. Then just before the closing credits it shows another real group of rebels about to capture the actors.

Advertisement