Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jet Black wrote: »
    I'm looking for a movie I think from the 80s (maybe early 90s)

Its set in a jungle and rebels/terrorists are trying to capture people filming a movie. It then shows that it was just staged as part of the movie. Then 'real' rebels come and try capturing the cast that were filming in the first instance. It turns out that this is just staged too as part of the movie. Then just before the closing credits it shows another real group of rebels about to capture the actors.

It's nowhere near old enough but it sounds awfully like Tropic Thunder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's nowhere near old enough but it sounds awfully like Tropic Thunder?

That's not it, but kinda like the idea of it. I got it on VHS from 24 hour video rental so its a while back. The film was split (iirc) first ten minutes was showing the rebels killing people which was fake. Then more rebels turning up, for the main part. This turned out to be faked too. Then just before the closing credits more rebels turning up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jet Black wrote: »
    That's not it, but kinda like the idea of it. I got it on VHS from 24 hour video rental so its a while back. The film was split (iirc) first ten minutes was showing the rebels killing people which was fake. Then more rebels turning up, for the main part. This turned out to be faked too. Then just before the closing credits more rebels turning up.

Invasion Force maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

im trying to find a quote from a film but cant remember what film it was in. If i remember collect it was Leslie Nielsen where he played the president of the US and there was a comment made about some women being in the oldest profession he which he replied she was a plumber. anyone know what film its from?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

scheister wrote: »
    im trying to find a quote from a film but cant remember what film it was in. If i remember collect it was Leslie Nielsen where he played the president of the US and there was a comment made about some women being in the oldest profession he which he replied she was a plumber. anyone know what film its from?
    Well, Leslie Nielsen played the US president in Scary Movie 3 and 4. Could it be one of those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

This one is bugging me. A team of people commit a crime and they escape the scene dressed in black and white striped shirts. They time the escape to coincide with the end of a football match involving Newcastle United and are able to blend into the crowd of 1000's all wearing black and white shirts.

It might actually be tv but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

kitakyushu wrote: »
    This one is bugging me. A team of people commit a crime and they escape the scene dressed in black and white striped shirts. They time the escape to coincide with the end of a football match involving Newcastle United and are able to blend into the crowd of 1000's all wearing black and white shirts.

It might actually be tv but I'm not sure.

Was that the start to the movie "Millions" by any chance? Sounds really familiar.

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Was that the start to the movie "Millions" by any chance? Sounds really familiar.

Yep. That's the one! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Help appreciated :)

It's a war film, about Vietnam and also the years before it

American officer graduates and he and his buddies are chatting about their next assignments.

JFK is sending advisors to Vietnam and he goes.
    He comes up with a superb plan and presents it to the top brass but they hate it.

So he resigns and gets a desk job in USA

Vietnam War starts a few years later and he goes back and works his way up the ranks. Just brilliant at his job

Near the end there is a large battle where he leads his troops to annihilate the North Vietnamese

I'm pretty sure he died in a helicopter crash at the end

I've searched so many Vietnam films but I just can't find it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've searched so many Vietnam films but I just can't find it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126220/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Brilliant

That's it, thanks a lot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

bhk123 wrote: »
    i have another 1 i need help with probably a ,tv movie from 2000-2006 sci-fi action
    mybe filmed in france probably in english
    might have ninja aspects
    i remember a secne where this woman (might be japanese) gives birth in the forest and it was raining i think....
    the Fetus rapidly grew into an adult (maybe it was also cacooned) and he killed the mother.
    and another secne where this guy buys this game from a video game store a game that maybe hasnt came out yet
    and the video game is somhow transmits this signals to a neck implant....... thats all i recall..... oh and the ending is that a kid plays the video game(in the apartment) and the guy fights this monster (the fetus from before) (i think) and makes him do some martial arts moves and cut off the "monster" head i think. nice ending.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284457/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I read about this film in Empire ages ago and would like to know the name of it. It's about astronauts encountering this spore like alien creature, the spores attach themselves to an astronaut causing them to explode which results in the spores from the explosion attaching to another astronaut who then explodes and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I read about this film in Empire ages ago and would like to know the name of it. It's about astronauts encountering this spore like alien creature, the spores attach themselves to an astronaut causing them to explode which results in the spores from the explosion attaching to another astronaut who then explodes and so on.

Sound like Contamination (1980)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contamination_(film)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Brilliant

That's it, thanks a lot

If you get a chance you should read the book, an excellent read. Sheehan won a pulitzer for the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yep that's the one, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

it's a fairly recent Australian movie 2, 3 years old maybe. an aboriginal guy tracking another guy, possibly a sheriff, because he killed his pregnant wife.
    it's based in a small outback town and also involves sheriffs on horse back.
    anyone? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

crazygeryy wrote: »
    it's a fairly recent Australian movie 2, 3 years old maybe. an aboriginal guy tracking another guy, possibly a sheriff, because he killed his pregnant wife.
    it's based in a small outback town and also involves sheriffs on horse back.
    anyone? thanks

Red hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

I've googled the hell out of this and came up blank so I thought I'd bring it here. :)

It's a kids movie (80s I think) set in Australia(?) about a brother and a sister who go to a chinese medicine shop and buy something and poof there's an old dragon with glassewho may also be a wizard? He's sick or something and kinda disappears a bit. They must go through a portal to China. They are transported through the system on scooter type things. The villian is a big, ugly gremlin with a weird name. While in China they either find dragon heart or dragon blood. And at the end they are granted a wish and they can hear what their pets (cat and dog) are thinking.

It was a pretty **** movie thinking back now but I can't for the life of me remember the name. Just hoping some fellow boardsies had an amazin childhood vhs experience like me. :P

Red hill?

yes that's it thank you very much. i was full sure guy Pearce was in it. that's what threw me. thanks

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    yes that's it thank you very much. i was full sure guy Pearce was in it. that's what threw me. thanks

A damn fine movie.

Mickeroo wrote: »

A damn fine movie.

yes it's very good. the aussies make good movies. i saw one called swerve last night. it's not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevs_dreams

hello people :) hope you would help me to find this movie.
    It was around 90's movie and it's about a group of people who were stranded in a ship and suddenly there was a "alien thing creature" that whenever it goes inside human you'll turn out into a creepy creature that looks like an alien.
    (woah' very hard to explain cause I can hardly remember it because I was young way back then^_^)
    But what I remember to the ending is they hopped in an helicopter to escape that ship which is going to explode.

Huhu hope you'll be able to help me to find that movie again, I've been searching for it for too long. Thanks in advance :)

It was around 90's movie and it's about a group of people who were stranded in a ship and suddenly there was a "alien thing creature" that whenever it goes inside human you'll turn out into a creepy creature that looks like an alien.
    (woah' very hard to explain cause I can hardly remember it because I was young way back then^_^)
    But what I remember to the ending is they hopped in an helicopter to escape that ship which is going to explode.

Virus perhaps (staring Jamie Lee Curtis iirc)? I saw this film but can't recall much about it except it was set on a ship, made in the 90s and had a sci-fi aspect to it. Oh and that it was very forgettable (which makes it just the sort of movie that might turn up on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Huhu hope you'll be able to help me to find that movie again, I've been searching for it for too long. Thanks in advance :)

From the ending of it, I think it's actually leviathan. It was set underwater, but it was like "The Thing" than anything. But in the end, they escape via helicopter .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AurlgL0iaTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ooppss…

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevs_dreams

Guys Thank you for answering.. I haven't check it out yet if that was it, but I'll update here if I found it. Thank you so much! really :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

Ok, here's one, a Polish girl is a cleaner in Heathrow airport and is befriended by an English co worker who takes her back to her parents house where she is imprisoned and sunjected to all sorts of vile horrors. Can u name it, the title escapes me?

Ok, here's one, a Polish girl is a cleaner in Heathrow airport and is befriended by an English co worker who takes her back to her parents house where she is imprisoned and sunjected to all sorts of vile horrors. Can u name it, the title escapes me?

Mum & Dad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ok this might be an obscure one.

I have a memory of watching a film years and years ago, where the sun gave this man powers, possibly only one power - super speed. The downside was that every time the sun gave him these powers it also increased a tumour or something in his brain and would eventually kill him.

Apparently wearing sunglasses prevented the sun from doing its job so he would wear them until he needed some powers.

I'm pretty sure it's a 70's movie as I remember classy 70's sunglasses and suits. I also think "Man" might be in the title as when I think of the film "Marathon Man" comes to my mind, which is obviously incorrect.

Any ideas?

Advertisement