Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colmcure

Ok here goes: a movie set in some place that practice black magic.
    They can bring people back from the dead.
    I remember somebody beheading a chicken.There was a famous actor in this but I cant think who.I remember only this much but I would love to see it again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

colmcure wrote: »
    I remember somebody beheading a chicken.There was a famous actor in this but I cant think who.I remember only this much but I would love to see it again.

Death Becomes Her?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Death Becomes Her?

No sorry it definitly wasnt that.This was a very disturbing movie. Lots of black magic and sacrifices.Loads of blood.I think it was set in haiti but not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

No sorry it definitly wasnt that.This was a very disturbing movie. Lots of black magic and sacrifices.Loads of blood.I think it was set in haiti but not sure...

The Serpent and the Rainbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Isle of the Snake People (1971) starred Boris Karloff and had chicken beheadings.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063142/reviews

• Advertisement

You are spot on. Thank you SO much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ok this might be an obscure one.

I have a memory of watching a film years and years ago, where the sun gave this man powers, possibly only one power - super speed. The downside was that every time the sun gave him these powers it also increased a tumour or something in his brain and would eventually kill him.

Apparently wearing sunglasses prevented the sun from doing its job so he would wear them until he needed some powers.

I'm pretty sure it's a 70's movie as I remember classy 70's sunglasses and suits. I also think "Man" might be in the title as when I think of the film "Marathon Man" comes to my mind, which is obviously incorrect.

Any ideas?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

Long shot, but could be this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Irish Aris wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

Long shot, but could be this?

It looks promising as I definitely recognise it. Different to how I remember but it's probably 20 years since I watched it!

Thanks.

Edit: Just read up on it a bit more and it's definitely the right one.

Where I was getting the "man" in the title idea was from "Gemini Man" which had an equally ridiculous premise! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073994/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Long shot. But a few years ago I remember watching an American football film, can't remember very much from it apart from I think it started with a young black American man was offered a scholarship to play football to a certain college, and there was an ex- american footballer (another black male) talking him through his decision while walking through a park, and ultimately telling him his story of his career, which was the storyline of the film. As far as I remember, it ended up back in the park with the man finishing his story and the younger guy then making his decision.

Anyone have any idea? Very little info I know, can't remember much else though. I googled American Football movies and couldn't find it! Seemed like it was a film brought out in the later 90s or the 00s.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Long shot. But a few years ago I remember watching an American football film, can't remember very much from it apart from I think it started with a young black American man was offered a scholarship to play football to a certain college, and there was an ex- american footballer (another black male) talking him through his decision while walking through a park, and ultimately telling him his story of his career, which was the storyline of the film. As far as I remember, it ended up back in the park with the man finishing his story and the younger guy then making his decision.

Anyone have any idea? Very little info I know, can't remember much else though. I googled American Football movies and couldn't find it! Seemed like it was a film brought out in the later 90s or the 00s.

The Express maybe? Think it's set in Syracuse university. Might be too recent though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevs_dreams

Hey guys, Virus and Leviathan are not what I'm looking for... please can you help me to find it... (additional info; there's a thing something like slimy,creepy creature that goes to a mouth of a sleeping *can't barely remember if that was a girl or a guy*, an she/he turns out into alien thing... ) it's around 90's that I've seen that movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

You we'ren't suppossed to get that lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The Express maybe? Think it's set in Syracuse university. Might be too recent though.

Could be it, thanks. I Initially ruled it out because I thought it might have been too recent, but watched a clip of it on youtube and it does look familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I barely remember anything about this film.

It's a crime film starring some dude as a cop (Or something) and he has a bizarre grey streak right in the middle of his hair. There's also an Eastern European woman he's helping. The only bit I remember of the actual film was these two characters were sitting in his car before she had to go into an air hangar or whatever to get a confession (I think) from the bad guys. She's wearing a wire, and he tells her to say "It's getting late, we better go" if things start to get dangerous. They have a "Moment" and are about to kiss when she pulls away and says it's getting late and how she better go. Get to the hangar, obviously the bad dudes are onto her, she uses the line and yer man drives through the wall.

I saw it in the nineties. I remember thinking it was the absolute worst film I'd ever seen. Can anyone help me out, even though the info I gave is terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Ok this might be an obscure one.

I have a memory of watching a film years and years ago, where the sun gave this man powers, possibly only one power - super speed. The downside was that every time the sun gave him these powers it also increased a tumour or something in his brain and would eventually kill him.

Apparently wearing sunglasses prevented the sun from doing its job so he would wear them until he needed some powers.

I'm pretty sure it's a 70's movie as I remember classy 70's sunglasses and suits. I also think "Man" might be in the title as when I think of the film "Marathon Man" comes to my mind, which is obviously incorrect.

Any ideas?

It was a pilot for a TV series (but never made it to series) called "Northstar". I remember seeing it too. He would stare at the sun to "activate" his powers, but if he over did it, his eyes would change colour and he ran the risk of burning out his brain. Used to be available on Youtube, but it's not there now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭gibraltar

I barely remember anything about this film.

It's a crime film starring some dude as a cop (Or something) and he has a bizarre grey streak right in the middle of his hair. There's also an Eastern European woman he's helping. The only bit I remember of the actual film was these two characters were sitting in his car before she had to go into an air hangar or whatever to get a confession (I think) from the bad guys. She's wearing a wire, and he tells her to say "It's getting late, we better go" if things start to get dangerous. They have a "Moment" and are about to kiss when she pulls away and says it's getting late and how she better go. Get to the hangar, obviously the bad dudes are onto her, she uses the line and yer man drives through the wall.

I saw it in the nineties. I remember thinking it was the absolute worst film I'd ever seen. Can anyone help me out, even though the info I gave is terrible?

Grey streak in the hair sounds like Dave Robicheaux so maybe Heaven's Prisoners

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

Hello, I remember seeing a movie in the eighties. It was about a bunch of people who had to live inside all year round because of the torrential rain, except for one day a year when they could go outside. The main character (a young girl) gets locked inside by bullies when everyone heads out and misses her only chance to see the outside world. I would love to know what it's called, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

zombiepaw wrote: »
    Hello, I remember seeing a movie in the eighties. It was about a bunch of people who had to live inside all year round because of the torrential rain, except for one day a year when they could go outside. The main character (a young girl) gets locked inside by bullies when everyone heads out and misses her only chance to see the outside world. I would love to know what it's called, any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Summer in a Day ? (not a film but a TV short)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Summer_in_a_Day

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

That's the one brian, thanks a million for that, it's been wrecking my head for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭heathercat

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me out. I'm trying to remember the title of a film I saw on telly some years ago.

It's a British comedy about a recently widowed woman who is stuck with a big manor house and oodles of debt (which her husband had successfully kept hidden from her). She somehow ends up trying to sell weed to make enough money to pay the debts, in the process manages to blow the village's fuses when trying to power oversized sunlight lamps in the greenhouse and the story ends with said greenhouse burning down and getting everybody high in the process. I remember laughing so hard that I nearly ... well, you know! ;) anybody know the title of that film?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

heathercat wrote: »
    Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me out. I'm trying to remember the title of a film I saw on telly some years ago.

It's a British comedy about a recently widowed woman who is stuck with a big manor house and oodles of debt (which her husband had successfully kept hidden from her). She somehow ends up trying to sell weed to make enough money to pay the debts, in the process manages to blow the village's fuses when trying to power oversized sunlight lamps in the greenhouse and the story ends with said greenhouse burning down and getting everybody high in the process. I remember laughing so hard that I nearly ... well, you know! ;) anybody know the title of that film?

Thanks
    Saving Grace

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Wouldn't mind seeing that!

I've another one that I saw on TV as a child but can't remember the name; a couple buy a farm in Africa on the edge of the great Rift Valley. Husband is killed in a car jacking or something, son makes a mistake with his pet snakes… that's about all I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Wouldn't mind seeing that!

I've another one that I saw on TV as a child but can't remember the name; a couple buy a farm in Africa on the edge of the great Rift Valley. Husband is killed in a car jacking or something, son makes a mistake with his pet snakes… that's about all I remember

This reminds me of I Dreamed of Africa with Kim Basinger but tbh I can't remember many details.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Cant rem the name of this film it was years ago, all I can rem is it was about a man who was framed by his wife by finding his prints on the knife she used to comit sucide . Any help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Two soldiers (possibly deserters) both sleep with the same woman. Film is 70s or 80s...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

Probably from the 90's sci-fi fantasy probably stop motion film

Little people from outer space trying to find way back home guided by this small computer cube

at the end of the film they manage to drive a truck using team work and ropes and get to a
    space ship or somthing like that.

the title is probably the name of there kind. TNX :)

bhk123 wrote: »
    Probably from the 90's sci-fi fantasy probably stop motion film

Little people from outer space trying to find way back home guided by this small computer cube

at the end of the film they manage to drive a truck using team work and ropes and get to a
    space ship or somthing like that.

the title is probably the name of there kind. TNX :)

Sounds like the book Truckers by Terry Pratchett. It was a tv series:

Highly recommend the trilogy of books, Truckers, Diggers and Wings I think they're called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

tnx soooo much ur DA best! it is the nomes

I need help with another ID please:

Probably an animated children film from the 90's

small aliens invade earth and land in the forest and evntually defeated by the animals or maybe by some small other creatures. (the humans never knew they were invaded lol)

i remember the first secne with the aliens, they were flying above a soccer staduim OR watch the game on the screen in the space ship and they were wondering why all these people are chasing this ball.... they thought it was very valuable

(maybe they kidnaped and impersonated one of the animals)

TNX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Ok I remember seeing this moving years ago but I can't remember the name. It was made in the 1940-60s but it's in colour. It's basically the following:
    • Set in maybe the 18th or 19th century in an English town/village
    • There this girl. Half her face is pretty, half is badly scarred/burned. She keeps hair down over one side of it
    • She meets this guy who she falls in love with
    • There's these three hoodloms that go around the town and terrorise everyone. They're really posh and carry canes/wear top hats
    • The get drunk and start singing outside of the girls window of how she's really ugly and will never find anyone
    • The girls kills herself I think
    • They guys go to a pub, get really drunk, get in a fight with the owner, kill him and frame the guy that got off with the girl
    • A mad scientist brings the girl back to life and then she goes after the posh hoodlums and kills them or scares them to death I think

The plot goes something like that. I've googled a description of it but can't find it. Let me know if anyone knows it. Cheers!

Advertisement