Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swish87

Looking for the name of a movie. Not sure if its 80's or 90's. but it's about this English guy having an affair with two young women. There was one stage he was with them in his car or something like that. Almost sure the name goes along the theme of 'Thelma and Louise' style title. Any ideas? Almost sure it's a British movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Swish87 wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a movie. Not sure if its 80's or 90's. but it's about this English guy having an affair with two young women. There was one stage he was with them in his car or something like that. Almost sure the name goes along the theme of 'Thelma and Louise' style title. Any ideas? Almost sure it's a British movie.

Sounds like Rita, Sue and Bob Too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Ok, I don't know how many people watch old musical movies on this forum, but I've searched for this myself trying loads of different search terms on google, and I can't find it, so here goes.
    It's an old musical movie, probably 50s, and it's set in San Francisco. It's about an acting troupe and they all perform a musical number with a telephone, the main song is called 'Hello Operator' or something like that. The title of the movie is something similiar. Anyway, the main actress has a very deep singing voice. There's some kind of love story with her and another guy in the troupe, but then they have a falling out, and she performs in her own show. I think one of the songs she sings is 'Harvest Moon' or 'Moon River' or something like that. In the end, they sing the telephone song again, and all is well.
    It's a really lovely musical that I watched all the time when I was a kid, and I'd love to find it again. Any clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katharzis

The movie is called 'Comme une bête' and it's French.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

This has been annoying me for weeks now , Some film (i think) where they have a guy against a wall and one of them goes "Hey ever seen chinatown ?" and slits his nostril a la chinatown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fozzydog3 wrote: »
    This has been annoying me for weeks now , Some film (i think) where they have a guy against a wall and one of them goes "Hey ever seen chinatown ?" and slits his nostril a la chinatown

'Juice' with Tupac.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RckImxcUQpI

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CurtisMachen

I remember seeing a film of some sort when I was little - I only have a very slight touchy memory of it but it goes like this:

It involved Ancient Egyptians/People dressed as Ancient Egyptians in some sort of Egyptian decorated room. These people begin to cut someone up and then put them into a black bin bag.

I know it's very short to go by but I did some Googling and there's an Egyptian Myth about Osiris (God) cutting his limbs off.. so it could be based around that but it doesn't explain what I remember to be someones body being stuffed into bags.

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CurtisMachen

Bumping for potential? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

It could be mardi gras massacre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarita5

Trying to remember the name of a movie from the early 70's I believe. A single woman, (possibly a model?) lives alone in a futuristic house that turns on her, locks her in, messes with her head as it plots against her. I think her name was Chrissy or Christy possibly. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Sarita5 wrote: »
    Trying to remember the name of a movie from the early 70's I believe. A single woman, (possibly a model?) lives alone in a futuristic house that turns on her, locks her in, messes with her head as it plots against her. I think her name was Chrissy or Christy possibly. Any ideas?

Is it Demon Seed - the house is run by a supercomputer that wants a child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Seed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I remember seeing a film of some sort when I was little - I only have a very slight touchy memory of it but it goes like this:

It involved Ancient Egyptians/People dressed as Ancient Egyptians in some sort of Egyptian decorated room. These people begin to cut someone up and then put them into a black bin bag.

I know it's very short to go by but I did some Googling and there's an Egyptian Myth about Osiris (God) cutting his limbs off.. so it could be based around that but it doesn't explain what I remember to be someones body being stuffed into bags.

Thank you in advance!

Sounds like the start of "Dawn of the mummy" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082237/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm looking to identify a movie based on just one little memory I have of it. I think it is a police procedural from probably the 1990s. The scene I remember is of an old guy and a young guy in the old guy's apartment. I'm pretty sure these are the two cops investigating the case. The old guy puts on some jazz music and tries to explain the top notch performance by the jazz musician to the young guy who then says "now I hear it".

Any thought what it could be?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm looking to identify a movie based on just one little memory I have of it. I think it is a police procedural from probably the 1990s. The scene I remember is of an old guy and a young guy in the old guy's apartment. I'm pretty sure these are the two cops investigating the case. The old guy puts on some jazz music and tries to explain the top notch performance by the jazz musician to the young guy who then says "now I hear it".

Any thought what it could be?

Thanks.

It sounds a bit like a scene in The Human Stain.

Ann22 wrote: »
    It sounds a bit like a scene in The Human Stain.

Thanks for the reply but is certainly isn't The Human Stain. I would have remembered if it had a cast like Anthony Hopkins, Nicole Kidman and Ed Harris. Wrong genre (and probably wrong decade) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Thanks for the reply but is certainly isn't The Human Stain. I would have remembered if it had a cast like Anthony Hopkins, Nicole Kidman and Ed Harris. Wrong genre (and probably wrong decade) too.
    Any chance it's the Jazz Club Scene from the movie Collateral?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IejpzbxKUZE

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Any chance it's the Jazz Club Scene from the movie Collateral?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IejpzbxKUZE

No. I have found the movie. It is Metro - that sub standard Eddie Murphy vehicle from the mid 1990s.l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

An old sci-fi, I can't remember much about it but basically post apocalypse world using shortwave or AM radio to communicate with the past. Heard the message they repeated used as a sound bite in a [nine inch nails?] song which sparked the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

How old?
    It's not this one is it?

http://www.classicfilmguide.com/indexe7ec.html

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how about Frequency with Jim Caviezal and Dennis Quaid?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

furiousox wrote: »
    How old?
    It's not this one is it?

http://www.classicfilmguide.com/indexe7ec.html
    No it's not that old...
    Skerries wrote: »
    how about Frequency with Jim Caviezal and Dennis Quaid?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/

...but older than this! Maybe early nineties or earlier . There was defininitely a post apocalypse / underground group feel to it. If I could remember the song I heard I could prob Google the lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

KAGY wrote: »
    An old sci-fi, I can't remember much about it but basically post apocalypse world using shortwave or AM radio to communicate with the past. Heard the message they repeated used as a sound bite in a [nine inch nails?] song which sparked the memory.
    NIN used audio from THX 1138 in one of their older tracks. It's more dystopian than post apocalyptic, and the year it was made doesn't fit either...... So yeah, probably no help to you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

I remember a scene from a film I saw on tv about 20 years ago (but it could have been older)

It was a horror and in one scene someone gets bitten and pulled into a toilet while they are sitting on it... some kind of monster did it I think. Gave me a fear of toilet monsters for a few years afterwards, always had to check.

Any ideas? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I remember a scene from a film I saw on tv about 20 years ago (but it could have been older)

It was a horror and in one scene someone gets bitten and pulled into a toilet while they are sitting on it... some kind of monster did it I think. Gave me a fear of toilet monsters for a few years afterwards, always had to check.

Any ideas? :)

Ghoulies?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Ghoulies?

That's it, Ghoulies 2, just re-watched that scene, it's comical today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Looking to confirm the name of a movie filmed in Ireland(Or part of three stories in one film, with one third filmed in Ireland) in the 1970's. Starred Fionnula Flanagan and Richard Boone. Have been given two titles for it. 'The Unwanted' and 'Give us your poor'. Anyone have any ideas?

And then I am going to be trying to find a copy of the film :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Looking to confirm the name of a movie filmed in Ireland(Or part of three stories in one film, with one third filmed in Ireland) in the 1970's. Starred Fionnula Flanagan and Richard Boone. Have been given two titles for it. 'The Unwanted' and 'Give us your poor'. Anyone have any ideas?
    Google reveals:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0599295/

http://www.robertsvideos.com/product.php3?invid=65964&ref=/browse.php3?All=&keywords=&NPAL=&MESECAM=&VHS=&DVD=&CDROM=&VHSEP=&VHSSP=&PAL=&SECAM=&MPAL=&alpha=&catid=177&page=39&incr=1
    [citation needed] ;)

Or there is a documentary about immigration made in 1975. Can't find any more details apart from FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA: THE UNWANTED

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I am trying to recall a movie I watched several years ago (probably a 90's film) and can't think of the name, there is a scene where the protagonist is going up a stairs and catches a fat cop with a hooker in a compromising position. The protagonist had earlier had some involvement with the hooker but when he was told she was a hooker from his buddy he brushed off the notion.

I really can't think of the name or the actor who played the protagonist and it may have been Gabriel Byrne or Aidan Quinn and I think the role was that of an italian so it may not have been either of them too.

Any ideas?

Advertisement