Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Yes, The Hit from 1984. Directed by Stephen Frears. Tim Roth stars as the young guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Theres a french horror film about a woman who visits her friends house in the french countryside. Her family is murdered by a trucker and the girls are kidnapped and held in the back of his van.

any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Theres a french horror film about a woman who visits her friends house in the french countryside. Her family is murdered by a trucker and the girls are kidnapped and held in the back of his van.

any ideas??

Switchblade Romance or High Tension are the two names for it and the end of it makes it one of the biggest fúcking wastes of time ever in a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Switchblade Romance or High Tension are the two names for it and the end of it makes it one of the biggest fúcking wastes of time ever in a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

Thats the one! Cheers!

I actually liked the ending ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I think I remember seeing a trailer for a Bruce Willis movie where he goes back in time to stop someone killing his younger self, or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I think I remember seeing a trailer for a Bruce Willis movie where he goes back in time to stop someone killing his younger self, or something like that?

How would he be able to go back in time if he was killed as a young fella?

He'd be dead in the future.

Is he a zombie??

:confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

biketard wrote: »
    Wow. That was really quick! Thanks :)

How would he be able to go back in time if he was killed as a young fella?

He'd be dead in the future.

Is he a zombie??

:confused:

:pac:
    Time traveling assassin or something. I'll find out when I watch it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Val kilmer is a pop star who visits East Germany. He sings Beach Boys like songs. cannot remember name of film for life of me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

gugleguy wrote: »
    Val kilmer is a pop star who visits East Germany. He sings Beach Boys like songs. cannot remember name of film for life of me.

Top Secret!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088286/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I remember seeing a film on Film4 a good while ago and it was a low budget (I think) Australian one, it was about this guy who bullies his friends and after a while they all get fed up and conspire to kill him. I think it featured a scene at a beach too where their plans gets put into action.

I doubt anyone will know it but it's been something I've been wondering for ages!

Edit: Literally just as I posted that the name came into my head, Bully. It's American not Australian too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Random one stuck in my head from years ago. All I can remember is a scene where a guy is travelling to a apartment. He crashes on the way but continues. When there he kills a old guy and a couple (who are naked for some reason in front of the old guy :P). And the young lad falls off the balcony when shot . :/. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Paddy Cow wrote: »

12 monkeys? Goes back to prevent a plaque wiping out most of mankind though... I think...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

12 monkeys? Goes back to prevent a plaque wiping out most of mankind though... I think...

Could also be "Looper", which I've yet to see...

It was Looper. Quite a good movie.

old hippy wrote: »
    Could also be "Looper", which I've yet to see...
    It's worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Looper is up there with Prometheus in terms of being really shít sci-fi. Both films left me feeling extraordinarily annoyed by how bad they were and they worse thing is that I watch them both within a week of each other. I nearly had a tripe overdose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

*snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hey guys i just remembered a very old movie that i watched where there is a scene with all the furniture in the room is not movable, and the windows are locked tight as well. Not sure it was a horror movie or psychological thriller.

Anyone can recall a movie like that?

and also there is one murder/thriller movie about some lady hides some mask under the ground in the basement of the house.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hi all

Here is a long shot.

British or American colour film from late 80s to early 90s.

Could have been a made for TV film, or B-movie release.

It is about a group of terrorists who take over some place like the white house.

The detail that I remember is that one of the terrorist was a woman.
    She was very "punk-glamourus" is how I will describe it.
    Like Tina Turner in Mad Max 3 or Cyndi Lauper back in the 80s.

I'm not sure if it the same film, but at the end of the film, the good
    guys confront the main bad guy. He presses return on a computer
    keyboard and launches a load of missiles. Might not be the same film
    but something in my head connects the two scenes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Barney

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sounds a bit like "Hackers". Angelina Jolie had an interesting look in that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Hi guys. I'm looking for the name of a Clint Eastwood film. I can't remember much except that he was a real badass in it. He kept talking through gritted teeth.

An File wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like "Hackers". Angelina Jolie had an interesting look in that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/

No, it's not Hackers, it's older than that. If I had to guess, I'd say it was from 1980 to 1994 at the latest.

Thanks for trying though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm looking for the name of a Clint Eastwood film. I can't remember much except that he was a real badass in it. He kept talking through gritted teeth.

Hmmm, thats a tough one but at a guess it sounds like The Bridges of Madison County.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Hi all

Here is a long shot.

British or American colour film from late 80s to early 90s.

Could have been a made for TV film, or B-movie release.

It is about a group of terrorists who take over some place like the white house.

The detail that I remember is that one of the terrorist was a woman.
    She was very "punk-glamourus" is how I will describe it.
    Like Tina Turner in Mad Max 3 or Cyndi Lauper back in the 80s.

I'm not sure if it the same film, but at the end of the film, the good
    guys confront the main bad guy. He presses return on a computer
    keyboard and launches a load of missiles. Might not be the same film
    but something in my head connects the two scenes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Barney

Bit of a shot in the dark, but could it be Who Dares Wins (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083941/)? Here's the punky woman out of it: http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/w/who-dares-wins-00-470-75.jpg

biketard wrote: »
    Bit of a shot in the dark, but could it be Who Dares Wins (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083941/)? Here's the punky woman out of it: http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/w/who-dares-wins-00-470-75.jpg

I've had a look at the clip on youtube where she gets shot around the 7 minute mark:

I'm not convinced it's the film, I could swear that the woman was an exotic beauty
    from somewhere like the middle-east or maybe africa. Maybe with blond or streaked hair?

I've flashes of her in a corridor getting shot after trying to force hostages
    to go where she wanted them to go. I know it's really thin and not much
    to go on but, I can't remember any more at the moment :confused:

10 out of 10 to you for effort though :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

There was this really crappy low budget Mad Max rip off that I saw on VHS years ago and can anyone identify it.it was the usual post apocalyptic thing with baddies in cars.The hero on the video cover was drawn to look like almost an exact copy of Mel Gibson on Beyond Thunderdrome but in the film he looked very little like him.Anyway the baddies kidnap his sister and use her as a sex slave,there's one scene where she's begging this baddy henchman for food and offering to sleep with him but he says in a hillbilly accent,I've already had you a plenty, and laughes.Anyone know what it was?

There was this really crappy low budget Mad Max rip off that I saw on VHS years ago and can anyone identify it.it was the usual post apocalyptic thing with baddies in cars.The hero on the video cover was drawn to look like almost an exact copy of Mel Gibson on Beyond Thunderdrome but in the film he looked very little like him.Anyway the baddies kidnap his sister and use her as a sex slave,there's one scene where she's begging this baddy henchman for food and offering to sleep with him but he says in a hillbilly accent,I've already had you a plenty, and laughes.Anyone know what it was?

Sounds like Wheels of fire: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088393/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Anyone know the name of that film where a black guy is standing on the top of a bridge and contemplate jumping off?

Advertisement