Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

I think its in beaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

According to Randy Newman's (the songs composer) IMDB page it's only been in Beaches and an episode of ER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JennyBeGood

Oh god I'm now answering my own question, I'm an eejit!

My sister has a way better memory than me and has informed me it was in an episode of Gilmore Girls! Phew! Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Jack L does a good version of that song too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS.IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

been annoying me for years :(

movie about dea agents who are involved in a case they shouldnt be, only scene i can remember involves an RPG and a Lamboughini. The 2 mains are doing a deal with dodgy lads with borrowed money and a lamboughini and an RPG. someone dops the rpg and car gets wasted.

early 90s i think, not usre if it was good but wanna see it again to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

All i can remember is watching this late at night on ITV about 10 years ago and for some reason I thought of it the other day, disturbing stuff it was.

Need more clues?

ok then

I recall the finale of the movie, there was a shootout at a farmhouse between a family of hillbillies with a mad crazed mother versus officers of the law who were outside.....farmhouse surrounded by grassy plains/trees, shootout was during sunny day...very violent movie, lots of shotguns blowing people up...from maybe the 70's...any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This rings a bell, are the family religious nut types? I remember a siege type film along those lines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

donfers wrote: »
    All i can remember is watching this late at night on ITV about 10 years ago and for some reason I thought of it the other day, disturbing stuff it was.

Need more clues?

ok then

I recall the finale of the movie, there was a shootout at a farmhouse between a family of hillbillies with a mad crazed mother versus officers of the law who were outside.....farmhouse surrounded by grassy plains/trees, shootout was during sunny day...very violent movie, lots of shotguns blowing people up...from maybe the 70's...any takers?

The Waltons?

Hmm, sounds a bit like that Corman flick; Bloody Mama...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The one I'm thinking of is Siege At Marion, but thats about a bunch of Mormons having a standoff with the cops, Waco-style, thats from the early 90's though, probably not the same one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

krudler wrote: »
    The one I'm thinking of is Siege At Marion, but thats about a bunch of Mormons having a standoff with the cops, Waco-style, thats from the early 90's though, probably not the same one.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines and thought maybe The Siege at Ruby Ridge but that's also 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

The first thing that comes to mind is The Devils Rejects. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395584/
    But that's 2005. :confused:

I think it might be bloody mama....you guys are great :)

another movie based on true events that disturbed me when younger was when two criminals (one played by the dad in family ties) took on about 10 fbi agents in a shootout and despite being shot about twenty times almost won the shoot-out...true story too..incredible psychology at play there, like why did criminal shoot one fbi agent in head and other in groin when right beside them etc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donfers wrote: »
    another movie based on true events that disturbed me when younger was when two criminals (one played by the dad in family ties) took on about 10 fbi agents in a shootout and despite being shot about twenty times almost won the shoot-out...true story too..incredible psychology at play there, like why did criminal shoot one fbi agent in head and other in groin when right beside them etc
    I'd say it's this!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh I have one.

I remember seeing a film... and must be back in the early 80s seeing as my recollection is so vague.

But I remember it ending with the main character having to go down to a replica of the town he lives in, but it's like in hell or something... But it's really hot anyway and he has to wear a big space suit to get about.

That's pretty much all I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Oh I have one.

I remember seeing a film... and must be back in the early 80s seeing as my recollection is so vague.

But I remember it ending with the main character having to go down to a replica of the town he lives in, but it's like in hell or something... But it's really hot anyway and he has to wear a big space suit to get about.

That's pretty much all I remember.

oh you bastard ! :)

i remember that too. the "hell" version was in blue negative too IIRC and circa 450 degrees which is why he needed the suit.

im pretty sure its wes cravens "invitation to hell", all about a middle class family in a new town where the wife tries to get the bloke to join the local country club that turns out to be ran by the devil or something and how it began to change his family. im pretty sure they were stuck in the alternate town which is why he had to go there.

fairly good film IIRC staring robert ulrich. well , for a TV movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

subtitled film where children are being raised completely isolated from the rest of the world, in a house with their parents. They are told incorrect meanings for words which reer to things outside their restricted domain. Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

pwd wrote: »
    subtitled film where children are being raised completely isolated from the rest of the world, in a house with their parents. They are told incorrect meanings for words which reer to things outside their restricted domain. Help?

Dogtooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's still in the cinema now. Go see it! It's awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It's still in the cinema now. Go see it! It's awesome!
    I didn't see your message until just now; but anyway I would have missed the start. Maybe it will be in the cinema today as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

A film I saw yeaaars ago about a serial killer who murdered according to some book. It is sort of like se7en i think. It's driving me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    A film I saw yeaaars ago about a serial killer who murdered according to some book. It is sort of like se7en i think. It's driving me mad.

Relentless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

OutlawPete wrote: »

Wow, that trailer was...odd:p
    But no, it wasn't so old. it was an unknown serial killer murdering/torturing people according to some strange witch-crafty type book. And I think they had to find him within a certain time frame too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You're doing great with the memory here lads, now here's a challenge!
    I'm going to repost here the text of a thread from 2008, as I still haven't found it:
    ---
    Can anybody identify this old film ?

I saw this film on TV in the UK, probably in the late 1960s or early 1970s
    I beleive it was in black-and-white, but can't be sure as it was a B/W TV!
    No idea of the title
    No idea of any of the cast, or whether they were famous/big stars etc
    I'm **guessing** it would have been from late 1930s or 1940s
    I think it was set in England or U.S.

Here's what I can remember of the plot:
    A person (a woman I think) is found dead in a room locked from the inside.
    Later the murderer commits another murder with the same method, but we see how its done -
    the murderer gives the victim a glass of drugged milk, and when this has taken effect,
    locks and seals the door to the room with tape (to delay discovery ?), and turns
    on the gas fire in the room, unlit, to cause asphyxiation/poisoning of the unconscious victim.
    Murderer then hides in a chamber under the floor and waits for victim to be discovered.

At the end of the movie, the victim has been discovered, (and is maybe beleived to be suicide ?),
    but the murderer cannot leave his hiding place as some heavy item of furniture (wardrobe ?)
    has been moved to on top of the trapdoor/hatch in the floor

The murderer may possibly have some financial motive, e.g. be left money in victims will.

I hope somebody can help, I'd love to see it again !
    ---

A poster to another forum described what I beleive is the same film that I want, and a reply suggested it might be The Snorkel (1958). There's a clip of that film on youtube, and I don't think its the same one, although the plot is VERY similar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm thinking of a film at the moment.

It's a horror film from the 90's or early 2000's. I'm pretty sure it's an MTV produced one too.

The plot is about a psychology student who goes for an internship in a mental hospital. Strange things start happening in the hospital. I can't remember what exactly. I think there was a special ward dedicated to split-personalities too. Anyway, as the film goes on, it turns out the happenings in the hospital are being caused by a guy with a split-personality who is a patient. It's then revealed the psychology student IS the patient with a split-personality. I can't remember what happened next but the final scene of the film shows the psychology student/split-personality patient going up to a new mental hospital to be an intern there.

I think the student/patient was called Ben.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'm thinking of a film at the moment.

It's a horror film from the 90's or early 2000's. I'm pretty sure it's an MTV produced one too.

The plot is about a psychology student who goes for an internship in a mental hospital. Strange things start happening in the hospital. I can't remember what exactly. I think there was a special ward dedicated to split-personalities too. Anyway, as the film goes on, it turns out the happenings in the hospital are being caused by a guy with a split-personality who is a patient. It's then revealed the psychology student IS the patient with a split-personality. I can't remember what happened next but the final scene of the film shows the psychology student/split-personality patient going up to a new mental hospital to be an intern there.

I think the student/patient was called Ben.

Any help would be appreciated.

Madhouse (2004)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DirtDiver

its a war movie from 40's or 50's about 4 or five brothers who join the navy and fight on board a battleship, if it helps the battleship is blow up in the end and the brothers are killed, and the movie finishes with the souls of the brothers going to heaven. any ideas? i saw this when i was a kid and i would love to see it again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

DirtDiver wrote: »
    its a war movie from 40's or 50's about 4 or five brothers who join the navy and fight on board a battleship, if it helps the battleship is blow up in the end and the brothers are killed, and the movie finishes with the souls of the brothers going to heaven. any ideas? i saw this when i was a kid and i would love to see it again

The Fighting Sullivans?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fighting_Sullivans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DirtDiver

spot on thanks dude

Advertisement