Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

• 25-09-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

They are sat in the lobby of the Silversprings Hotel. The bus company will not leave as they are owed money. Tom Coughlan is not available to pay the money.

UPDATE: A radio plea has bailed Coughlan out again it seems.

What a fecking joke of a club.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

what a mess of a club.i feel sorry for the fans and players..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Will one of yous run that gob****e outta this League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

How do people keep bailing out this chancer. I feel sorry for our players who have to go out in public and as good as beg for money. I gone too far now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If the fans really wanted the best for that team, they'd stop bailing that buffoon out.

Let him go to the wall and start a/take over the club yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

gimmick wrote: »
    UPDATE: A radio plea has bailed Coughlan out again it seems.

Just read on foot.ie that the driver looking for €2000 from previous unpaid trips so the key is out of the ignition again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A radio plea? What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

^^

the bus company have been paid and the squad are on the way to dublin

personally, i was hoping the bus wouldnt have been paid, as it would have shown that chancer coughlan up. he's just been bailed out again. we're gonna have to hit rock bottom before we can rebuild, bailing this guy out time and again isn't helping.

A radio plea? What does that mean?

Dan Murray apparently went on the radio to plea with the Cork public to donate money to cover the cost of the bus trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Dan Murray apparently went on the radio to plea with the Cork public to donate money to cover the cost of the bus trip

More fool them in that case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roar wrote: »
    we're gonna have to hit rock bottom

Roar, me aul flower.

Your club has already hit rock bottom.

There are still staff members not getting paid for jaysis sake.

You have no more income apart from home gates. How are you going to afford to pay the revenue the next time?

The FAI have bailed you out, seeing as the Celtic game didn't cover the "loan" you got.

Your players are going on the radio to beg for €900 to pay the bus man.

And imbeciles continue to give TC money.

It's beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Plus, they owe Gareth Farrelly around 35,000 I believe. Is the winding up order issued against CCFC still active until they pay this off? Also Alan Mathews court case is coming up before the end of the year and hes looking for a 6 figure sum.

Coughlan has made a joke of CCFC and the league. If the FAI had any balls they would have relegated CCFC to the A-league months ago. The players have taken pay-cut after pay-cut, you have to feel sorry for them and the fans.

Edit:

If anyone is interested, I emailed the club with a letter for Coughlan telling him what I thought of him and asking him to step down. They replied saying they would pass it on to him for me. Worth a try to let him know that the league doesn't want him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Des wrote: »

And imbeciles continue to give TC money.

It's beyond belief.

That is the long and short of it. I defies belief that anyone who dip into their hard earned to bail out this jerk. The most mind boggling part of it is some eejit who donated €500 was meant to use that money to bring his kids to Anfield. Um, thanks Dad.
    fh041205 wrote: »
    Plus, they owe Gareth Farrelly around 35,000 I believe. Is the winding up order issued against CCFC still active until they pay this off?

October 12th CCFC are back int he high court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I really think at this stage you have to start again from scratch Cork City AFC all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Heard Dan on the radio earlier. Such a joke that the players have to plea for a way to get to Dublin cos our incompetent fool of a chairman can't do his job and pay the company for their services. Absolutely sick of him, of course when 96fm try to reach him for a comment he is conviently in a meeting.

Fair play to those who came up with the money, got the players out of a rut but it shouldn't be up to them and I hope they would get a refund from Tommy once he "sorts the bill with Kearneys buses" tonight...I wouldn't hold my breath :rolleyes:

Apparently the staff are owed a few weeks wages as well, I wish he'd just pay up and **** off! :mad:

Apparently the staff are owed a few weeks wages as well, I wish he'd just pay up and **** off! :mad:

At least a couple of months.

I dunno if the Cork fans bailing them out today was such a good idea.
    If Cork couldnt travel and fulfil a fixture as a direct result of Tommy No Bus running the club into the ground then I'm sure he'd be forced out by hook or by crook

The FAI would have stepped in again.

And Tommy No Bus would have blamed FORAS again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I love the way he blames FORAS. It's as if he actually budgets for bail outs from FORAS a couple of times a year!

He's a disgrace and again, Cork City fans have bailed him out and allowed him to continue running your club into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

When you are very close, it's hard to see the woods for the trees. Cork City fans are the best and deserve more. At this stage I think it is probably better to let the current version of the club fold and come back wiser and stronger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd have a lot of sympathy for unsecured creditors of the club. They're likely to get absolutely nothing should the club be wound up. It frequently happens in England and down at the bottom of the list of people owed by clubs were organisations like St John Ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Awful for the supporters and staff.

No good way to say it: every penny you are giving that clown is being pissed away to no good end and is money that could be put to good use.

The public and the courts seem well-disposed to the idea of football in Cork. I would suggest that this chapter of Cork football is over though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Nothing Tom does surprises me anymore. We'll probably need to be relegated to the A Division before he ****s off. He's actually managed to become more hated than Arkaga which is some ****ing achievement.

I don't think i'll be going to anymore games this season, not until that ****tard is gone. I really feel sorry for the players because they really have been terrific for the club and it makes me more angry to see them being treated like crap by Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

At least a couple of months.
    Heard that, 8 weeks according to the CCFC forum.
    Begging for money for a bus must be the lowest level any Cork club has ever sunk to...

Shamelessly stolen from a buddy of mine

2irorwo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

While I absolutely understand the frustration, please keep the personal abuse out of the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shamelessly stolen from a buddy of mine

2irorwo.jpg

i dont get it :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dreamers75 wrote: »

It's a clamp

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It's a clamp

ahh right so it is when i squint :D

Winning 1-0 atm :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Are you a CCFC fan?

Winning 1-0 atm :(

Jaysis, Greg did himself no favours.

And Iago, in fairness.

The club you follow has never been in this position, so stop with the "I uderstand" bullshít.

Tommy No Balls is the cause of the ruination of Cork City Football Club. We'll see what names you call Malcolm Glazer or whatever millionaire has taken an interest in ManU when they go under.

Cant blame him really. Obviously wanted an early shower and a pint in McDowells :p Not like he is going to be docked any wages now, is he???

Great save from Greg though.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

And Iago, in fairness.

The club you follow has never been in this position, so stop with the "I uderstand" bullshít.

Tommy No Balls is the cause of the ruination of Cork City Football Club. We'll see what names you call Malcolm Glazer or whatever millionaire has taken an interest in ManU when they go under.

Fine, lets take the "I understand" bull$hit out of the equation. The next person to post personal abuse in this thread will be banned regardless of my level of understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I love the way he blames FORAS. It's as if he actually budgets for bail outs from FORAS a couple of times a year!

He's a disgrace and again, Cork City fans have bailed him out and allowed him to continue running your club into the ground.

Agree 100%. I think that his budgeting ineptitude has been pretty evident this year. He has renogiated contracts at least 3 times (and I would suspect a lot more than that) since last December and still doesn't pay the wages. He consitantly lies to the fans, players and media alike, examples of which are numerous. You can tell by the reaction on the CCFC forum that the fans have no respect for him and worse still, are surprised by nothing he does anymore.

This bus fiasco is the latest in a long line of responsiblities that he has reneged on. He really has made a mockery of the club and the league this year. He has undermined the FAI's 'do everything by the book' ethos that they've preached to us since they took over. I don't know why he stays in charge down there. Everyone wants him out and hes alienated almost everyone who has an interest in Cork City anyway. What incentive is there for him to stay when most of the league is calling for his head?

• Advertisement

FORAS have asked for fans to stay outside the ground for the opening 10 minutes of tonights game Vs Sligo in protest of Tom Coughlan. This way the club still gets money to hopefully pay players and staff, but the fans get to make a point as well. TBH, If i did not have a season ticket I would not be going through those gates again until TC is gone. I certainly will not be renewing it anyway.

Personally I think the KO will just be delayed as a result, but something needs to be done to show that clown that his stewardship is no longer required.

I've decided not to go anymore games til TC is gone. I find it hard to believe that all the money from gate receipts is going to players. The atmosphere at the games just does'nt feel the same anymore either.

I hope the FORAS protest gets plenty of media attention and puts more pressure on Tom. As disgraceful as the whole Busgate incident was it may be the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

People are angry. It was great to see the anger of Dave Barry on MNS last night. TC got lambasted on 96fm again this morning, and of course, he was not available for comment. Again.
    I hope the FORAS protest gets plenty of media attention and puts more pressure on Tom

Dont expect anything in the echo from John McHale as he is a pawn of Coughlan. If they write anything it will be about either "hooligans causing trouble" or "with so few people protesting, why should TC care" etc.

People are angry. It was great to see the anger of Dave Barry on MNS last night. TC got lambasted on 96fm again this morning, and of course, he was not available for comment. Again.

Dont expect anything in the echo from John McHale as he is a pawn of Coughlan. If they write anything it will be about either "hooligans causing trouble" or "with so few people protesting, why should TC care" etc.

It was great to see Dave speak with such passion last night.

I think McHale might not get away with such biased reporting anymore. I know a few City fans on the forums e-mailed the Echo to complain about McHale, but other newspapers around the country might pick up on the story anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hopefully there is a good crowd to protest tonight.

And a win would be nice as well.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Hopefully there is a good crowd to protest tonight.

And a win would be nice as well.:)
    Very poor crowd at the game tonight, but the vast majority were outside protesting before the game.
    Iago wrote: »
    Fine, lets take the "I understand" bull$hit out of the equation. The next person to post personal abuse in this thread will be banned regardless of my level of understanding.
    I understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Video of the protest here. Decent crowd took part, not all shown in the video either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Coughlan must have some neck. Does he live in Cork? How can he show his face around the city?

Only about a thousand there tonight.

What was he targetting? ...5000 I think??

He either doesn't have the means or the ability to run the club in this financial climate so he should hand over the club ASAP.

Its only going to get worse.

The Evening Echo as was mentioned above have been bery disappointing in their coverage of the whole year.

They don't ask hard questions and act more like a propaganda machine for the owner. How they cover the protest tomorrow will be interesting.

Well McHale was stood across the road from thje protest last night with his usual smarmy smile. No doubt he will say it was a bunch of thugs acting up and they were not representative of the real opinion of the people of Cork towards Coughlan. Funnily enough that is exactly what TC told Red fm yesterday, but they did not broadcast it.

Terrible awful game last night. Doolin must be delighted that the pressure is off him as ordinarily that performance, and most recent ones for that matter, would have been booed like there was no tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

If, when, supporters take over the club, they should orgamnise a boycott of the Echo! I suppose Coughlan will blame foras for not being able to pay the players their wages.

I was surprised by the protest, seemd like a good crowd at it, people are getting really p*ssed of with TC. As for the game, I think I actually fell asleep at one point.

The echo have been a very good sponsor to CCFC over the years, so a boycott is silly talk.

Doolin not pleased with the protest it seems. he can screw himself. Personally I was happy with having to see 10 minutes less of his insipid tactics.

The echo is'nt the problem it's McHale and his biassed sports coverage. Not only does he support TC he supported Arkaga and criticised city fans for not giving Arkaga their support. He also backed the county board during the players strike.

The guy just seems to despise the cork sporting public.

Tonight's Evening Echo.

echo_30092009.jpg

"upward of 200 City fans, mainly made up of teenagers refused to enter the ground for the first ten minutes....":rolleyes:

Tonight's Evening Echo.

echo_30092009.jpg

"upward of 200 City fans, mainly made up of teenagers refused to enter the ground for the first ten minutes....":rolleyes:

McHales influence is obvious in that article anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement