Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The six players suspended and fined are Dan Murray, Danny Murphy, Dan Connor, Stephen O' Donnell, Paul Deasy and Mark McNulty. Disgraceful stuff, but I suppose at the minute it makes no difference since they aren't even getting paid! :mad:

TNB is showing himself to be the clown that he is and the sooner he cuts all ties with the club, the better! He seemed to come in as the "saviour" of the club, but with no knowledge of how to run a club, which showed from the start, he has only ended up tarnishing his own name and turned the club into a joke!

It was said in the Evening Echo today by Gerry Harris (chances are he has been suspended as well, as he was at the table for the press conference), that the club were 75% of the way to securing the licence and have been given a five day extention.

And absolute petty and spiteful thing to do. According to the Echo Meaney gave the players a letter saying they were suspended according to a condition in their contracts. Yet these contracts mean nothing when it comes to the players being payed.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

He was quoted as saying that because of him City were able to win the Setanta Cup and qualify for Europe. It's amazing how deluded the man really is. Those things were achieved despite Coughlan being there.

Hopefully we'll be rid of him soon and hopefully he'll take Meaney and Roddy with him.

I had to laugh when I read that, especially as the line before was "it has nothing to do with ego, money or anything else"...then goes on about how we wouldn't have won the Setanta cup and got into Europe without him :pac:
    And absolute petty and spiteful thing to do. According to the Echo Meaney gave the players a letter saying they were suspended according to a condition in their contracts. Yet these contracts mean nothing when it comes to the players being payed.:mad:

Even the Boylan was saying there was no point bringing him to court over it, because of the amount that have already done so and not been paid a cent, Noelle Feeney, Mathews, Farrelly....the Revenue were the only ones to get paid. How Coughlan can go and waste money on bringing the FAI to court but can't pay the players and staff is ridiculous. He also said in the echo that the takeover could take upto a month and that a another consortium has become interested in the last 24 hours. The sooner he is out the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Mathews withdrew his case though, so he can reesume it if he wishes. Has Farrelly given up on getting his money?

fh041205 wrote: »
    Mathews withdrew his case though, so he can reesume it if he wishes. Has Farrelly given up on getting his money?

The exact quote from the solicitor in the echo, who is representing the players and previously represented Feeney, Mathews and Farrelly is "Alan Mathews has got judgement, Gareth Farrelly has got a judgement and neither of them have been paid. To be frank about it I haven't seen any judgement paid except to the Revenue"

I think the case Mathews withdrew was bringing them back to court the second time over non-payment of the money from the first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The only way this could get worse for Cork players is if the following conversation ensued............

Representitive: I've got good news and i've got bad news

Player: What's the good news??

Representitive: Well, the good news is you've had a firm offer from an English club!!

Player: That's brilliant!! So what's the bad news??

Representitive: Well........the offer is from Portsmouth!!!

• Advertisement

I think the case Mathews withdrew was bringing them back to court the second time over non-payment of the money from the first time around.

That sounds about right. Both of them are still due money from the club though, you'd have to imagine they'll get it eventually if they keep going the legal route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dan Murray has had enough of it and has signed for Shams I hear?

Cannot blame him. Not paid in months, stripped of the captaincy and suspended.

CCFCs best ever captain. An awesome centre half. A huge aset to any club. I hate Tommy boy with all my being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

According to extratime.ie Dan Connor arranged a transfer for himself to Darlington but CCFC blocked it. He's supposed to be back in training.

?????
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Lollymcd wrote: »
    According to extratime.ie Dan Connor arranged a transfer for himself to Darlington but CCFC blocked it. He's supposed to be back in training.

?????
    :confused:

Connor has been suspended on 3 or 4 counts (I can't remember) without pay. It's gone beyond a joke now. The meeting, the transfer, his interview abut how the club has turned into a joke and I'm sure there was something else. He hasn't been paid since November and they've gone and suspended him without pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Surely Connor is a free agent having not been paid??? Or does the fact that the club has suspended him without pay constitute them paying him?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hearing Dan Murray to Rovers. Be a good signing for us obviously, and I'm pretty sure that come next week all Cork players will be free agents, if they're not already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hearing Dan Murray to Rovers.

He's taking his time, the sap.

Unfortunately there's no better centre-halves free at this stage and he'd be a great addition to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Apparently, Dan is being forced out by that p***k collins. Never had much time for the eejit before, but if it's true that he got rid of Dan, my indifference will become pure hatred.

getcover wrote: »
    Apparently, Dan is being forced out by that p***k collins. Never had much time for the eejit before, but if it's true that he got rid of Dan, my indifference will become pure hatred.

By sounds of it, he's been looking away for a while. We're a logical choice seeing as Sully and Dennehy are here. You have my sympathies re: Roddy. :(

I assume he (Murray) didn't get what he was owed? Really desperate. Murray is a good pro. TC is a cancer on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Can anyone explain to me how on earth Roddy Collins keeps getting jobs in football? I would have thought Cork City FC were in enough bother without bringing in this chancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me how on earth Roddy Collins keeps getting jobs in football? I would have thought Cork City FC were in enough bother without bringing in this chancer.
    Eh...

It was Tom Coughlan who brought him in, so I can't see how that surprised anyone to be honest.

The day before the appointment was made, I remember thinking that the whole Tom Coughlan saga couldn't get any more farcical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If cork get demoted, that'll be another club for Roddy to add to his list of going down with while he was in charge :D

Dan Murray has officially signed for Shams. Great player. Epitomised the whole "rebel army" thing. Great captain, leads by example. Cannot blame him for leaving. Still sickening though.

gimmick wrote: »
    Epitomised the whole "rebel army" thing.

He's undergoing a decontamination medical today.:p

:(:( Gutted that Dan is gone, really was a true leader on and off the pitch, through the good and the bad times and spoke out when it was needed. At least now he will actually have wages, good luck to him. I'd imagine some of the others could follow suit now that he is gone.

Club statement :rolleyes:
    Cork City Football Club wish to confirm that the club and Dan Murray have agreed to the mutual cancellation of the remainder of Dan’s contract.

The club would like to place on record our thanks to Dan for the contribution he has made to the club in his time here and wish him continued success in his future career.

• Advertisement

Two of my favourite players are now gonein less than two months. Every day seems to bring more bad news as Toms disgraceful antics continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Shamcork Rovers are rumoured to be interested in another few City players too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Shamcork Rovers are rumoured to be interested in another few City players too.

Shamcork? Jesus, we'll have to get the lads indocrinated into Tallaght sharpish. A few nights in Cocos and The Plaza and they'll forget Cork even exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Quintas gone according to the Echo - seems tnb is running out of options quickly... the FAI/Revenue need to deliver the knockout punch now...

bye bye ars*h*le and take that jackeen knacker with you

getcover wrote: »
    Quintas gone according to the Echo - seems tnb is running out of options quickly... the FAI/Revenue need to deliver the knockout punch now...

bye bye ars*h*le and take that jackeen knacker with you

Toms company CCIFL will definitely be wound up now by the courts in a couple of weeks. Tom's regime is finished.

Toms company CCIFL will definitely be wound up now by the courts in a couple of weeks. Tom's regime is finished.

We've heard it all before though. I won't be celebrating until its certain.

From this.....
    2994255497_35a8467652.jpg?v=0

to this :( :mad: :(

2lmt6j7.jpg

made Shams captain already. I already look forward to welcoming him back once we are back up and running.

Cork City Football Club wish to confirm that the club and Danny Murphy have agreed the mutual cancellation of Danny’s contract.

The club would like to place on record our thanks to Danny for his commitment, professionalism and support to the club and for the contribution he has made on the pitch in his time at the club. We would like to wish him the best of luck with his future career and hope that we will see him in the Cork City colours again.

The club is still extremely hopeful that ongoing takeover talks will shortly reach a successful conclusion and the future of the club will be secured.

:( Yet another player who has/had such passion for the club, gone. Signing for Shamrock rovers tomorrow it seems. Can't say that it comes as a huge surprise, especially after Dan went, but its still heartbreaking seeing the club fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

O'Callaghan new captain? That's possibly the funniest bit of this whole affair.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of the press conference, although it'll probably just be another occasion for Meaney to spout more of TNB's lies.

As for George, he's hasn't been signed, no one has, and suddenly he is team captain :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »

They should all have separate conferences at the same time in different rooms and see the contrast in boll*ck they'll say.:D

lol
    and club captain, thought to be George O'Callaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0211/corkcity_.html?
    Fresh bid for Cork City

Thursday, 11 February 2010 22:38
    Quintas has made a second offer to Tom Coughlan on behalf of Cork businessmen to take over troubled League of Ireland club Cork City.

In a statement released to RTÉ.ie tonight, the Cork-based financial services consultancy has confirmed that a bid has been made, led by Peter Gray and Michael O'Connell, and is completely separate to the previous offer which Quintas facilitated.

The proposal includes plans for FORAS, the Cork City Supporters Trust, to share in the ownership and management of the club.

Gray, a former sponsor of Millwall Football Club is a semi-retired businessman from Britain who now bases himself between London and Kinsale.

He is keen to help save the troubled Rebels: 'I have a genuine love of football and believe that Cork has the potential to be a really successful club.'

O'Connell, meanwhile, is a former Chief Executive of Adidas in Ireland and owns Mocad Golf.

FORAS members will soon vote on whether they want to be part of the bid, their chairman John O'Sullivan was excited by the offer:

'We support this move. This is a really exciting offer made by individuals who have the best interests of the club at heart.

'We sincerely hope that the bid will succeed and we will put the chance to share in this new opportunity to our membership as soon as possible.'

Cork City will hold a press conference on Friday but it is thought that this is not in relation to the offer.

Coughlan must now decide in the coming days if the offer is acceptable, but time is running out with the winding-up order hearing from the Revenue Commissioners set for the High Court on Monday, as well as the League of Ireland licensing decision from the Independent Licensing Committee and FAI due the same day.

and the cycle starts again..

cycle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

But that joke isn't funny anymore
    It's too close to home
    And it's too near the bone
    It's too close to home
    And it's too near the bone
    More than you'll ever know ...

Kick them when they fall down
    Kick them when they fall down

Echo reporting that David Meylers sell on clause was sold for €56k.

Press conference about to start at the RPH. Hopefully it is to announce new owners etc. More likely its to annouce the new chairman who will most likely be a Coughlan family member.

You be getting info from the meeting gimmick?

A buddy is there so he said he would keep me informed. As soon as I know I'll post.

Waste of everybodies time. No news, no nothing...........

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Waste of everybodies time. No news, no nothing...........

Nothing? License? Owner? Team? Fudge?

They ate EVERYBODY.....

Cork City owner Tom Coughlan has stepped down from his role with the club. This decision to move on takes immediate effect.

A Cork-based consortium, led by Jim McCarthy of the Quintas Financial Management group, has launched a takeover bid. The consortium has committed to clear the club's current debts.

This offer was made at 2.30pm on Friday afternoon and is believed to be in the process of being finalised.

If the proposed takeover goes ahead, it is hoped that the club will be assured of League of Ireland Premier Division and UEFA Europa League soccer for the coming season.

Could they be saved by the bell?

DEN DEN DEN DEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If they get to play Premier football and Europa League next year, I personally apologise to anyone who I've ever criticised for their opinions on the LOI.

I hope we have Murray and Murphy on watertight contracts....

stovelid wrote: »
    I hope we have Murray and Murphy on watertight contracts....

Ask Sligo for legal advice on those.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ask Sligo for legal advice on those.

It won't work with Murray and Murphy. Cork City don't have the same initials as us unfortunately.

Roddy's not exactly extending the olive branch to you lot is he?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2873/

Roddy Collins launched a stinging attack at former players, particularly ex-captain Dan Murray, questioning his loyalty after the defender walked away from the club with three months wages still owed.

Murray left for Tallaght earlier this month, citing his need for some sort of income as his girlfriend is due to give birth in April. However, Collins couldn’t justify his departure and had some harsh words to say about the defender.

“Nobody is irreplaceable. The only disappointment was Danny Murphy leaving the club, in my opinion he’s the best left back in the country. The other players can be replaced. Whoever wants to leave can leave if that’s their prerogative.

“I knew from day one that Dan Murray was going to leave. Dan Connor? He showed no interest,” said a furious Collins after being asked if he will miss ‘the 3 Dan’s’. “You have to show loyalty and respect to the people involved with Cork City Football Club. If you’re half a man you accept that there is a financial disaster going on all over the world and it’s not just in your little house in Cork.”

Collins also criticised the “abuse that has been going on this club.” He continued: “I can’t believe the players ripping the club off and managers ripping the club off. You can quote me on that because it’s the truth.

“You don’t take blood out of a stone. To hand out the salaries that were handed out at this club was an absolute disgrace. It was a massive abuse of finances and the players are laughing their way to the ban/ Loyalty is paramount to any success, whether it’s a marriage, a family or a football club.”

On his future, Collins remains positive that there is a place for him at the club when the takeover is completed. Also insisting he is not at the club just for a short-term.

“There’s no doubt where I want to be. Hopefully whoever takes over the club will know that I’m still available and that they will consider me because it’s a great setup. I was away for seven months and didn’t know too much but I’m just concentrating on the playing side of things.”

If given the chance, Collins believes he can build a young and competitive team for the future. It’ll prove difficult for the Leesiders to make any big signings though, with the club putting a €750 wage cap in place.

“I will deliver a competitive team,” he added. “Results I can’t legislate for but we will have competitive players. We’ll see the young players being developed and players who have an ambition to come in and play for the club.”

What a fúcking front bottom. Sooner he is gone the better. Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

stovelid wrote: »
    Murray left for Tallaght earlier this month, citing his need for some sort of income as his girlfriend is due to give birth in April.

“You have to show loyalty and respect to the people involved with Cork City Football Club. If you’re half a man you accept that there is a financial disaster going on all over the world and it’s not just in your little house in Cork.”

Didn't think Roddy could sink any lower, but he did. "Respect and loyalty" to the club? The same club that offered these contracts to players and then didn't pay them? Offering them higher wages than other clubs to convince them to sign?
    Roddy makes me sick :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement