Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

few pages in the star about it, Roddy is a complete fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Did he actually expect them to stay there for another few months with no income at all.

What a complete clown.

Hope the new owners tell him exactly where to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dave Rodgers played 90 mins for City last night Vs Longford. It gets worse and worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks like they'll be granted a licence.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0214/corkcity.html
    Cork takeover dependant on licence

Sunday, 14 February 2010 22:25
    Cork City have revealed that a bid from the Quintas Group to takeover the club has been finalised and that it expects it to be completed in the coming days, but the consortium has threatened to pull out of the deal.

Quintas will only agree to the takeover if the club secure a licence to compete in the League of Ireland this season.

The FAI are set to announce on Monday which clubs have received licences, and for which division, but the deadline may have to be extended for the Leesiders.

They have confirmed they are currently in negotiations with the league's governing body with a view to fulfilling the necessary criteria.

City are also in the High Court on Monday as the Revenue Commissioners issuing a winding-up petition against the club.

Cork will only be able to obtain a licence if the takeover goes through but Quintas are concerned at the speed of the negotiations.

In a statement released on Sunday night, the Quintas Group said:

'The consortium is frustrated at the apparent lack of urgency within Cork City FC in relation to these negotiations.

'With a number of external deadlines on Monday, 15 February, time is rapidly running out for a successful conclusion to the current talks.

'If no agreement is reached before the licensing committee of the FAI makes its ruling and the High Court rules on outstanding monies owed to the revenue commissioners, the consortium will have no option but to withdraw the offer made to purchase Cork City FC from it's current owners.'

The FAI will issue a PD licence to CCFC so the deal can go through, and everything is rosey in their garden.

Fudgerrific.

joke_shop.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

That statement states ".....secure a licence to compete in the League of Ireland". No mention of premier licence.
    I wonder is there any provision in the takeover talks about payment of the fine from the FAI for the late licence application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That statement states ".....secure a licence to compete in the League of Ireland". No mention of premier licence.

They shouldn't be allowed near the LoI, they should be banished to be never heard of again.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

The bitterness from Shels fan is a sight to behold.
    Let it go lads, Ollie Byrne f*cked you up, no one else...

Anyway, went to the FORAS meeting the other night.
    Very convincing reasons for going with the deal were put forward, good speech in favour by one of the bom, but in the end I couldn't quite vote for it. I came to the conclusion last week that it was time to start in the 1st division.
    one of the guys at the top table said something about clearing the "sh*t out of the system" and I have to agree with him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The last thing that Foras should do is get into bed with another "takeover" crowd, however well-meaning. You're probably being invited in to draw your sting and legitimize the whole thing. Nobody can run the club with better interests in mind than the support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stunned that FORAS are willing to pay €100,000 for a 20% share of a company that must owe at least 10 times that. Really can't understand the thinking behind it, although I hope against hope that it's not the start of another chapter in the demise of Cork City. Surely they would have been better starting afresh out on their own in the First Division?

• Advertisement

Court Case put back to 2PM.

So, now the FAI are in a quandry.

Give a licence to CCFC at 1PM, only to see them wound up at 2?

They can't possible give them a Premier League licence after everything.

Which means they probably will.

getcover wrote: »
    The bitterness from Shels fan is a sight to behold.
    Let it go lads, Ollie Byrne f*cked you up, no one else...

Indeed, we're paying for it now, paid all the players off at the time what they were owed, club have been paying back debts Ollie built up, etc... and we still got demoted. Cork time and time again have got away without paying players, etc... and are still supposely in the running for a Premier License. Do the maths son.

Indeed, we're paying for it now, paid all the players off at the time what they were owed, club have been paying back debts Ollie built up, etc... and we still got demoted. Cork time and time again have got away without paying players, etc... and are still supposely in the running for a Premier License. Do the maths son.
    Well dad, I did the maths and they didn't add up, which is why I said we should be in the 1st division.

and I can still hear those sad, sad, strings of the violin coming all the way from drumcondra....

Well dad, I did the maths and they didn't add up, which is why I said we should be in the 1st division.

and I can still hear those sad, sad, strings of the violin coming all the way from drumcondra....

No yous should be dissolved, third winding up order in a year is it?

Those violin strings playing or more anger due to the complete double standarding by the FAI and by the complete fudge coming from Abbotstown.

No yous should be dissolved, third winding up order in a year is it?

Those violin strings playing or more anger due to the complete double standarding by the FAI and by the complete fudge coming from Abbotstown.
    Naw, it's jealousy that the FAI and LoI need a Cork club, while no one cares about shels and their 10 fans...

• Advertisement

Naw, it's jealousy that the FAI and LoI need a Cork club, while no one cares about shels and their 10 fans...

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The FAI do not ''need'' any particular club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SantryRed wrote: »
    The FAI do not ''need'' any club.

Technically they do need us, no League no international team :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Technically they do need us, no League no international team :p

Happy? :D

The Shelbourne martyrs would put John the Baptist to shame.

Shouldn't the fixtures have been out an hour and a half ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Shelbourne martyrs would put John the Baptist to shame.

Shouldn't the fixtures have been out an hour and a half ago?

waiting for the court case issue to be sorted before they complete the fudge.

Naw, it's jealousy that the FAI and LoI need a Cork club

No club is bigger than the league.

It's daft that you've had no other club competing with you for the whole population of the second biggest city in Ireland and a cracking ground and you still can't keep any incarnation of your club going for long.

How old are you, 10?:rolleyes:

Anyone know how the winding up hearing is going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Anyone know how the winding up hearing is going?

Seems it was adjourned as they waited on a letter from AIB (or so it said on the radio earlier). They were back at two, waiting for updates on the city forum (along with 138 other members atm), nothing yet.

Dunno whether the fact it is taking so long is a good or bad sign :(

Can't believe FORAS are supporting a buyout of a club with massive debts and no players instead of starting fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Seems it is only being heard now according to 96FM :confused: and result due in about 15 mins (?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

It's easy to hurl from the ditch lads. This was probably the one and only chance for the fans to save the club, guarantee the IP, and pay back the local businesses, etc.. No matter what decision was made (to attempt to takeover or not) people would criticise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Adjorned until Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Adjorned until Monday...
    ...to facilitate the takeover. The ball's in the "Independent" Licensing Committee’s court.

• Advertisement

The FAI can go and ****e if they give them another week. Gotta finally grow some balls and make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From what I can gather is that CCFC have until wednesday to sort everything out, but the next hearing is not for a week.

TBH, I can honestly say I have not one clue as to what is happening. Licenses are being awrded today. If the FAI do not receive whatever from CCFC, no license will be given :confused:

Fudge%20(3).JPG

Guaranteed.

They can lessen it if they only give them a FD license and don't allow them compete in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Guaranteed.

They can lessen it if they only give them a FD license and don't allow them compete in Europe.

The takeover won't go through if the club isn't in the Premier Division. The FAI need to reject the licence application NOW.

The FAI can go and ****e if they give them another week. Gotta finally grow some balls and make a decision.
    Absolutely – they have to draw a line under it at this point. It’s already dragged on for far too long. We’re in the farcical position of having clubs reaching the conclusion of their pre-season preparations, yet nobody knows who’ll be playing who on the opening day of the season. Surely, going forward, attempts must be made to finalise the make-up of the two divisions at the end of the previous campaign, rather than in the weeks running up to the beginning of the new season? Although I seem to recall some clubs objecting to such a proposal in the past (I could be wrong)?

I think most people would settle for that at this point, although I do wonder how they could possibly qualify for a license at all (without special dispensation being given).

The FAI must now decide if they will grant Cork extra time to pay off the debt and then award the Rebels a licence for the 2010 season.

From rte.ie

We all know what the answer will be, and it may contain nuts!:rolleyes: Also the article mentions the FAI decision, isn't there an "Independent Licensing Committee"?:rolleyes:

we-bend-over-backwards-11641-1238100772-6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

enough is enough let ccfc die. i really hope we are not going to have another year of incompatance by the fai

The Revenue Commissioners' petition to wind-up Cork City has been adjourned until next Monday with City set to receive a six-figure sum for the transfer of Kevin Long to Burnley that could save the club.

City's case was heard around 3.30pm but they were granted another extension, two weeks after the first sitting was adjourned.

The presiding judge has ordered that Cork City's bank account, which had been frozen, to be re-opened to allow City to receive funds owed to the club from the transfer of Kevin Long to Burnley.

The amount received would be enough to an outstanding VAT, PAYE and PRSI bill of €115,906 to the Revenue and Cork hope the money will come through on Wednesday.

The FAI must now decide if they will grant Cork extra time to pay off the debt and then award the Rebels a licence for the 2010 season.

double_facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

It gets better.....

"View Post
    Statement on the future of Cork City FC-
    15th February 2010 – Quintas Group, on behalf of Peter Gray, Michael O’Connel and FORAS, the Cork City Supporters Trust, can confirm that a signed share purchase agreement has been received from the current owners of Cork City FC.

The group is now in the process of verifying the figures supplied by the current owners of Cork City FC to ensure that the current net liabilities of the club are consistent with what has been presented.

This agreement is also contingent on the FAI approving a Premier Division licence for the coming season."

Blackmailing the FAI into giving them a Premier Licence. If they do get one, Derry City and Shelbourne should take them to court. Why haven't the FAI issued the confirmation of who got what licence? What happens if next week's Court hearing is pushed back? How long are the FAI going to give them, will we still be at this when the season has started or will they delay it for Cork?

Statement from the "Independent" Licensing Committee:
    'In making its decision, the Independent Club Licensing Committee noted that one of the fundamental principles of club licensing is the protection of creditors such as club employees, other clubs and the Revenue...
    ...all of which were to the fore when CCFC was awarded a license last year.
    'The Independent Club Licensing Committee was made aware of a potential takeover which may result in commitments to creditors being honoured...
    ...several weeks (months?) past the deadline for honouring said commitments.
    'As this takeover is dependent on the outcome of the High Court order, the Independent Committee felt it prudent to await that outcome and give maximum opportunity for creditors to be paid.

'The application from FORAS has been deferred pending the outcome of the Cork City decision.'
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0215/cork.html

I think we can take all this bull**** to mean that if the Revenue get their money, Cork will get a Premier Division license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's ****ing disgusting is what this is. An absolute pox.

An independent licensing committee can approve an appoint them a PD license, but then surely the FAI can then turn around to Cork and say "Listen lads, you broke the rules dozens of times last season, so it's off the the FD with you. Oh, and you won't be playing in any European competitions either."

An independent licensing committee can approve an appoint them a PD license, but then surely the FAI can then turn around to Cork and say "Listen lads, you broke the rules dozens of times last season, so it's off the the FD with you. Oh, and you won't be playing in any European competitions either."

I'm pretty sure the FAI were the ones who made sure Cork were given time tbh.

There's a collective hard-on in Abbotstown for Cork remaining in the top flight, no matter what happens they will be granted a licence and play their trade in the Premier Division and inexplicably also get to compete in Europe (personally I think UEFA should ensure they don't, but I'm sure it'll be seen as a domestic matter).

• Advertisement

Lifted from fool.ie;
    15.02.10 Vilhena, Floriana

Today Floriana Football Club wish to announce that contacts have not been returned from Cork City Football Club in more than a month. We have, in the interest of fair play, not pressed our case with them regarding our coach Roddy Collins with whom they have signed an illegal contract. Mr. Collins remains under contract and suspended for his unethical and illegal behaviour which, as our supporters know, have caused our club great hurt and hardship. I, my committee, our Executive Directors and our Development Officer have worked tirelessly for the club, putting our own money into rescuing the season and attempting to raise spirits that were so damaged by Roddy Collins and Cork City FC's despicable attitude. As a club we have slipped into the relegation pool, lost one of our best players and fallen away from the progress we have made in the last 2 years. This has damaged our club in reptuational, morale and financial terms.

We have purposely not pushed Cork City to pay compensation and refrained from taking both them and Roddy Collins through legal channels as we were promised that this would all be resolved amicably, honourably and swiftly. However last week, after countless attempts by email and phone to reach Cork City officers we are no longer willing to sit idly by and allow matters slip past. We are glad that there is hope for Cork City FC and their loyal fans that they might still play in the League of Ireland Premier League as well as Europe, however the fact remains that no matter what the fate of our coach Roddy Collins if a takever of CCIFL takes place, the club are guilty of signing an illegal contract with our coach which has severely impacted on our previously successful and promising season. To pursue this matter we have prepared papers for a case at the CAS against both CCIFL/CCFC and Roddy Collins.

We appreciate that the current owner and his General Manager forced Roddy Collins to apologise for his false allegations against our club and a retraction of these and other lies he made in the Irish media. It was because of this fact that we gave the club and its officer breathing room, however our good will has been abused and we will not take this lightly. Floriana Football Club has a long proud history since 1894 and we understand what those who love Cork City FC must be feeling at this difficult time. From the regular messages of support from ordinary Cork and Irish fans we do know that outside of our shores their is a great sympathy for our plight, from start to finish. We know that the Cork City supporters realise that we are not attacking them and hope that they will continue to support us in our fight for compensation and survival in the Maltese Premier League.

My thanks to our committee, Executive Directors and our Development Officer for their work and faith in what we are continuing to build.

Joe Cauchi, President Floriana F.C.

/gets popcorn

Töpher wrote: »
    ...personally I think UEFA should ensure they don't, but I'm sure it'll be seen as a domestic matter.
    Aren't the licenses based on UEFA criteria? I'm pretty sure a UEFA license is required to compete in European competition at least. But then again, given the financial mess that some of Europe's bigger clubs are in, I'm guessing the bar isn't set terribly high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

djpbarry wrote: »
    Aren't the licenses based on UEFA criteria? I'm pretty sure a UEFA license is required to compete in European competition at least. But then again, given the financial mess that some of Europe's bigger clubs are in, I'm guessing the bar isn't set terribly high.

They're pretty much seperate AFAIK. The Uefa license is much more stringent in terms of ground requirements. I wasn't aware that it involved finances at all actually.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

There are different levels to the UEFA Licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the whole thing has my head fried.

what's foras' agenda?

what the feck is coughlan up to?

why is the high court / fai being so lenient?

what the feck did we do to deserve Roddy "these players stole from the club" Collins?

i'm fed up. i really am.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement