Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    It's disgraceful that other clubs are trying to force the FAI to destroy the current entity and screw local businesses, players and staff. Pure blackmail.

Don't think any club is forcing the FAI to do that. They're asking them to apply their own rules and punish Cork for breaking rule after rule after rule. The same Cork that are now saying they won't pay their debts unless they get a Premier Division Licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's a wind up Des, it has to be, as everyone knows its the new 'saviours' threatening to feck the creditors royally in the 'out' hole if they don't get their way, and have the ILC/FAI break the rules to not demote them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Des wrote: »
    But it's ok for FORAS to blackmail the FAI into giving a licence to CCFC?
    FORAS are prepared to go to the First Division if the current entity is wound up.

Are you for real?
    I think, therefore I am.

The current entity has been wound up, it's just not been rubber-stamped to allow the FAI/ILC time to be blackmailed - not that they needed any incentive, they've a collective speedhorn for you lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0222/corkcity.html

So, basically the club avoided being wound up in the courts last week because they lied about being able to use the Long transfer money to clear the tax debt.

And now the winding up is delayed until tomorrow to give them time to blackmail the FAI into shafting Bray Wanderers and giving a PD licence to Cork.

I'm really wondering if I ever want to bother attendiing a LoI match ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Are you for real?

You are aware though that it's the two investors Gray and O'Connell are the ones being insistant on the PD licence as a condition rather than FORAS. The way you're trying to paint it you'd swear FORAS are completely behind the whole thing.

FORAS are part of the Quintas consortium, the new consortium is demanding a Premier Division Licence. Seems pretty straight forward to me, if they didn't support the blackmail then they'd press ahead with their First Division licence.

FORAS are part of the Quintas consortium, the new consortium is demanding a Premier Division Licence. Seems pretty straight forward to me, if they didn't support the blackmail then they'd press ahead with their First Division licence.

If they leave the consortium and the consortium go ahead and get a PD licence they won't be able to take up the First Division licence and are then left out in the cold.

They know full well that playing the silent card makes them look well to the public, but Christ knows there as much a part of this blackmailing as anyone.

If they weren't, they'd walk away, because Cork would still have a team - which surely is the primary goal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

License refused I am told. Hope the holier than thou Dubs are happy.

How's that chip coming along?

Ironic. Back under your rock now please.

Foras been given 1st division license.

All anyone wanted was the rules to be applied equally across the board.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1414-statement-on-behalf-of-the-independent-club-licensing-committee
    Monday, 22 February 2010 22:27
    The Independent Club Licensing Committee met this evening (22/01/10) and unanimously decided to refuse the Premier Division Licence application of Cork City Investment FC Ltd.

Having carefully considered the application and all of the documentation submitted it was the view of the Committee that the club fell seriously short of the criteria required to fulfil a Premier Division Licence in a number of areas.

The committee also considered the application from Friends of the Rebel Army Society (FORAS) and agreed to grant a First Division Licence for the 2010 season.

It is not with complete regret that I have to say that I am officially done with League Of Ireland football.

Barstools ahoy.

Were you calling it quits regardless, or would you have stayed on if the attempted blackmailing had worked? [serious question, btw]

• Advertisement

I think I was calling it quits regardless. The last 2 years have been like one kick in the bollocks after another. Ever since Arkaga came in the spiral started, incurring HUGE expenses, not paying them, sacking managers for no apparent reason. If it was not for the fact I have 2 good friends working for the club, I actually would not give a flying fúck. They now will most likely be jobless and not paid what they are owed.

Thank you Tommy. Thank you Arcadia, and thanks to the fans who drove out Brian Lennox in 2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

gimmick wrote: »
    License refused I am told. Hope the holier than thou Dubs are happy.

Dubs? What have we got to do with it? Any LOI fan will be happy to see justice done, wherever they're from!!

It would have sickened me to see Cork in the Prem division this season.

This has dragged on for so long the news has'nt had much impact on me to tbh. I've been fairly tempted to give up on LOI over the last couple of months but i think i'll support the FORAS club. Hopefully we can build up the club like Shams did.

Do you think the guys in Malta will give Roddy Collins his old job back?

Aye, it's painful watching your club get run into the ground, actually, it's a hell of a lot worse than that. The only positive thing that can be said about the suffering, is the emotion during the recovery far exceeds anything experienced during the good times, which if you do end up sticking around you'll soon know. That said, noone could blame you for walking away - this bizzare saga has had me questioning my own support of football in Ireland, and my club is only indirectly affected by this.

Sorry to hear about your mates, I'm sure they're not alone on that front either, :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

So who's going into the Premier? Bray?

They're the 10th ranked team with a PD licence, it'd have to be.

I said it before, but I really think this is the best outcome for football both in the league and in Cork. They can start afresh in the First Division with only those interested in the club on board, there would have been to many different voices with so many different agendas in the Quintas consortium. It's the exact same position Shamrock Rovers were in in 2006 and I see no reason why Cork can't bounce back in a similar way if they can galvanise their fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The only thing about Bray now is that they have let a lot of players go and have probably recruited for a first division season.

I think they may have struggled in the first division anyway so i can't see them being that competitive in the Prem. Definitely a bottom placing again for them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

UCD are the real winners in this. They won't be favourites for the automatic drop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭eigrod

Another black day for football in Ireland.

So it's now the Greater Dublin Premier League + Sligo & Galway ?

eigrod wrote: »

What's your alternative? Let ever club outside of Dublin break every rule in the book just to keep them in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Greater Dublin? *AHEM* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Have to throw in my two cents after a long day. I glad CCIFC were refused a license after all thats happened over 14 months. Besides making a complete mockery of the league and doing irreperable damage to LOI as a product, they messed with livelihoods of staff and players and the fans still have the audacity to say boll*ks to the other teams in the league, and try to con the FAI into giving them a license. Personally, I wouldn't have them any higher than the A-League.

There were plenty of heads buried in the sand for a long time down in Cork and there still are some. FORAS have their chance now to live up to the intentions they've expressed over the last while. Its basically going to test if all that hot air coming from Cork is justified or if it was a case of 'rebels without a cause'. I haven't read this thread so don't anyone take this personally. My God its finally over.

Justice denied anywhere, diminishes justice everywhere...

Dundalk is now part of Greater Dublin? :eek:

• Advertisement

What's your alternative? Let ever club outside of Dublin break every rule in the book just to keep them in the league?

Absolutley not.....this is a mess of the club's various owners making and as always it's their fans that will suffer. I'm just making a point that the league is now predominantly concentrated in a small portion of the country, with 2 exceptions. While that will result big travel savings for those clubs, it definitely lessens the marketability of what was already a struggling league.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

You really are a bitter little man aren't you...
    Did somebody in FORAS steal your dummy or something?

Some really decent people have lost their jobs tonight, people who did nothing more than love the club they worked for, and who have done nothing to deserve this. Poeple in FORAS have worked endless hours trying to save the club they support and were set up to try to protect.

But crow away, if it makes you feel good...

PDN wrote: »
    Dundalk is now part of Greater Dublin? :eek:

Sorrrryyyyy ! Scrap that and let me re-phrase it as the Pale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

getcover wrote: »
    You really are a bitter little man aren't you...
    Did somebody in FORAS steal your dummy or something?

:pac: How is he bitter? FORAS took part in that blackmail, no matter what way you put it!

Absolutley not.....this is a mess of the club's various owners making and as always it's their fans that will suffer. I'm just making a point that the league is now predominantly concentrated in a small portion of the country, with 2 exceptions. While that will result big travel savings for those clubs, it definitely lessens the marketability of what was already a struggling league.

Thats a very good response. On the flipside though, the First Division is an awful lot more attractive this year than it has been in the last few years. Better grounds, bigger crowds and 'bigger' clubs. I'd definately like to attend a few FD games this year.

fh041205 wrote: »
    Thats a very good response. On the flipside though, the First Division is an awful lot more attractive this year than it has been in the last few years. Better grounds, bigger crowds and 'bigger' clubs. I'd definately like to attend a few FD games this year.

We'll swop with you. We honestly don't mind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

About time!

Suppose we now know what it's like to be a country team... Our closest away game is now roughly 70 miles away.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Suppose we now know what it's like to be a country team... Our closest away game is now roughly 70 miles away.

Gonna be a good 8 month session.;)

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/ quick off there mark with their website anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,523 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gone tomorrow!

EDIT: So was said on RTE news

Wexford 139.37 km
    Waterford 166.41 km
    Cork 262.16 km
    Limerick 200.04 km
    Mervue 220.80 km
    Salthill 221.93 km
    Longford 123.44 km
    Athlone 126.49 km
    Finn Harps 226.76 km
    Derry 245.91 km
    Monaghan 129.39 km

Jesus, lots of travelling! Can't wait :D

Am I the only one who still wonders, even at this late late stage, that TNB could have another swipe before 2pm tomorrow? Theres always more with CCFC. Its like watching a scary movie. Even when you see them kill the bad guy you still think, 'I bet he's still alive and about to jump out and get them'.

Wexford 139.37 km
    Waterford 166.41 km
    Cork 262.16 km
    Limerick 200.04 km
    Mervue 220.80 km
    Salthill 221.93 km
    Longford 123.44 km
    Athlone 126.49 km
    Finn Harps 226.76 km
    Derry 245.91 km
    Monaghan 129.39 km

Jesus, lots of travelling! Can't wait :D
    Wexford, Longford, Athlone, Derry and Limerick x2.

That's 2498 km of travelling :eek:

In terms of fixtures do Cork and Bray just swap places now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wexford, Longford, Athlone, Derry and Limerick x2.

That's 2498 km of travelling :eek:

pfft most of us drive that in our sleep... aboard the space shuttle.. welcome to culchieville.

• Advertisement

fh041205 wrote: »
    In terms of fixtures do Cork and Bray just swap places now?

Most likely, with Cork playing Friday instead of Brays Sunday. Hopefully anyway, means 2 less days I need off work.:D

I can see Coughlan trying to keep the name of the club aswell. I assume they'd have to buy it off him since he still owns CCIFC. Either that or go with "I can't believe its not Cork City...".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Am I happy another club has gone to the wall? No I am not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Am I happy another club has gone to the wall? No I am not.

There was no better outcome in this situation to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

All the best to foras and the cork fans. Hope it works out eventually.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement