Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

All the best to foras and the cork fans. Hope it works out eventually.

lol, one franchise to another :pac:

Oh, another club relegated by Rodders, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Des wrote: »
    lol, one franchise to another :pac:

Oh, another club relegated by Rodders, lovely stuff.

You do make this place feel all Foot.ie y from time to time DES. Good man:P

You do make this place feel all Foot.ie y from time to time DES. Good man:P
    :eek:

That's the worst possible thing you could accuse me of. The worst.

You bastard.

:eek:

That's the worst possible thing you could accuse me of. The worst.

You bastard.

Why ya think I said It:D

Why ya think I said It:D

I can't believe you reported my post. :mad:

I can't believe you reported my post. :mad:

Are you joking. I didnt:confused:

:pac:

:pac:

You fook:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/ quick off there mark with their website anyway.

Has been up for the last week or so as well.

Can't say i'm surprised at the outcome tonight or that I argue with it. I am glad that TNB is gone and those with the clubs best interests at heart are gonna be running the club. The FORAS BOM have already put so much work in, and long may it continue :)

Bye bye TNB and Roddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its bit of a farce to be honest. Cork city fc is to be wound up tomorrow/today and the new set up will be called Cork city fc ( cork city foras coop) ????????
    After all the nonsense that has been going on they will still be Cork city :mad:
    Foras Fc would have been better in my opinion as what i see happening next is they will still be called cork city and still be playing at turners cross with the same kit and players debt free for now.

Will they claim the history of Cork city as well?
    Its like Only Fools And Horses when Trigger wins an award for his Broom. He said that it had a few diffrent heads and a few diffrent handles but its the same broom :D

Stick with Foras FC lads it sounds better.
    Whats with the talk of Cork in the first division anyway as if it is the departed Cork city? Its Foras Fc
    Will Foras have established 2010 on their crests and web site?
    We wont be the new boys anymore ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Some of the posts here are disgraceful. Gloating in pleasure as another LOI club goes under. Many people have lost their jobs tonight...... Cop yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Cant see anyone gloating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wexford, Longford, Athlone, Derry and Limerick x2.

That's 2498 km of travelling :eek:
    We're going to have to put in an away end now, not just throw some coats over the back 3 rows of the stand like we usually do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Awful news lads! Horrible to see this happening to any club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

It's sad that Cork City have had to fold but I will be supporting any incarnation of them in the future and hope FORAS works out. I think it will work out in the long run.

Relegating Cork anyway (in whatever form) was the only hope Shels had of playing us anyway.
    This 1st Division is looking tasty I must say.

Onwards and upwards - I must say I am little excited by the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

www.96fm.ie

Roddy just on, FORAS on in a sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What did Mr Relegation have to say? Looking for a flight back to Malta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nobody wanted to see genuine supporters punished or screwed over any more. This is a great chance for Cork to build prudently and in a few years, this could be seen as a real turning point for the football in Cork.

Only one bunch of chancers left to be rooted out o0f the PD now.

First division is going to be pretty tough this season?

Tommy on now. A cornered rat. Really lashing out... Cúnt

Haha. He is crying i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The first division is looking great this year tbh.

Listening to TNB - its everyone elses fault not mine WAHHHHHHHHHHHH snide comments !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Tommy's losing it.

That was very very funny. To hell with you Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Comedy gold on that radio station. :pac:

I only caught the end of it but I nearly shot tea out my nose when yer man called him a lunatic loosin his marbles. "you should withdraw that comment" "I wont!" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Bray in the Premier now?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    That was very very funny. To hell with you Tommy.

Is there anyway of listening to the interviews without having to listen to Neil Prenderville?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

It is not with complete regret that I have to say that I am officially done with League Of Ireland football...
    ...is what we would have been hearing from many LOI fans had Cork been granted a PD license.

^ Bollocks, ye would have carried along as normal.

Even now I think I retract saying I am done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

link to audio of Coughlan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,138 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

will continuing to use the same name and virtually the same crest not backfire on the new club?

presumably CCFC's name is muck among many businesses in Cork - a complete break from the past might have ensured more goodwill.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, it's not binding.

Des has been saying it as long as I've been on Boards. :pac:

loyatemu wrote: »
    will continuing to use the same name and virtually the same crest not backfire on the new club?

presumably CCFC's name is muck among many businesses in Cork - a complete break from the past might have ensured more goodwill.

Everyone in the City knows it will be a new entity and that they aren't dealing with the old regime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

^ Bollocks, ye would have carried along as normal.
    I'm honestly not sure I would have - the whole CCFC debacle had me seriously disillusioned with football in this country (even more so than before).
    Ah, I thought you might ;). As others have said, it's the only viable outcome - cut the cord and start afresh (sort of). Had City been granted a license, the FAI would have lost what little credibility they had remaining (in my eyes at least).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

M5 wrote: »
    Awful news lads! Horrible to see this happening to any club!

It usually is, but it's about time.
    It's sad that Cork City have had to fold but I will be supporting any incarnation of them in the future and hope FORAS works out. I think it will work out in the long run.

Relegating Cork anyway (in whatever form) was the only hope Shels had of playing us anyway.
    This 1st Division is looking tasty I must say.

Onwards and upwards - I must say I am little excited by the whole thing.

A Cork fan in Dublin 8, well I never.:mad:

A Cork fan in Dublin 8, well I never.:mad:

I'm completely sound and 'support' St Pats when I can. ;)

I'm completely sound and 'support' St Pats when I can. ;)

You live in Inchicore? If so I probably seen you the other day wearing a Cork City beanie hat walking past Macari.:D

Its hard to take seriuosly anything a Shels fan has to say on anything when they have a banner stating FTA, which stands for "Fúck Them All". Bitter twisted to the core.

You live in Inchicore? If so I probably seen you the other day wearing a Cork City beanie hat walking past Macari.:D

Nah, that wasn't me! Live in Kilmainham/James - Papa Mio's all the way!

Won't see Cork much this season I am afraid though, looks like the games are anywhere but Dublin!

Its hard to take seriuosly anything a Shels fan has to say on anything when they have a banner stating FTA, which stands for "Fúck Them All". Bitter twisted to the core.

:rolleyes:

Great post as always, but anyway, FTA :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Great post as always, but anyway, FTA :rolleyes:

Always doom and gloom with you.

You do realise you are now in a position to stop Shels going up for another year and possibly win your 1st trophy :D

Cmon Cork and Derry :D

but anyway, FTA....

"The long and the short and the tall,
    'cause we are the Shelbourne
    we are the best
    we are the Shelbourne
    so F&CK OFF THE REST"

;)

Now no need to post again in LoI threads gimmick, off to your barstool as you said you were, toodle pips.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Always doom and gloom with you.

You do realise you are now in a position to stop Shels going up for another year and possibly win your 1st trophy :D

Cmon Cork and Derry :D

Just because the last trophy that was seen in Inchicore was a pointless one 7 years ago, no need to be bitter.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just because the last trophy that was seen in Inchicore was a pointless one 7 years ago, no need to be bitter.;)

How could i be possibly bitter? Cork shelegated and shels stay shelegated.

Win win for everyone tbh

It's not over, not over, not over yeh-et

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/city-to-appeal-licence-refusal-447413.html
    City to appeal licence refusal

Cork City FC intends to appeal the decision not to award the club a licence to compete in the Premier Division, the club said in a statement this lunchtime.

"It is the understanding of the club staff and management that a deal had been confirmed for the transfer of ownership of the club, however this has now failed to materialise," the statement said.

"Club management will today endeavour to resolve the outstanding issue with the Revenue at the High Court and to save the jobs of over 30 employees.

"We understand that the licence application was recommended for approval by the FAI and we appreciate all assistance given by all parties in trying to keep the club alive."

The club said the key issue was the jobs of all those employed by CCFC, and it called on the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, the FAI, the Munster FA and all other parties who may be able to assist with saving these jobs to act swiftly.

"The club also hopes that any parties who show a willingness to take over the club will engage with the club should an appeal result in the club achieving a League of Ireland licence, and not just that of a Premier Division Licence," the statement continued.

"Thirty-two Cork jobs hang in the balance and we need all assistance to save them."

The club faces the enforcement of a winding up order at 2pm today, the final deadline set by the High Court yesterday for City to pay a €160,000 debt to the Revenue Commissioners for outstanding VAT, PAYE and PRSI bills.

The FAI last night refusing the application for a Premier Division licence submitted by a consortium posied to take over the club, saying the licence application “fell seriously short of the criteria required to fulfil a Premier Division Licence in a number of areas”.

The consortium consisting of Peter Gray, Michael O’Connell and supporters’ group FORAS (Friends of the Rebel Army Society), earlier expressed its anger and frustration that the bid to save to club had run aground, criticising the actions of current CCFC owner Tom Coughlan.

Wont it just stop!?

"The long and the short and the tall,
    'cause we are the Shelbourne
    we are the best
    we are the Shelbourne
    so F&CK OFF THE REST"

;)

Now no need to post again in LoI threads gimmick, off to your barstool as you said you were, toodle pips.

One major positive of that is I will no longer have to read your incessant shíte. 6000+ post and not a single half decent one. But I suppose thats to be expected.

FTA :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would they ever go and shíte!

It's not over, not over, not over yeh-et

Pity Bray. How the fuck can you try and build a team for the Premier when this is going on?

Has there ever been a more decent team that have just been constantly shafted for playing straight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who's Coughlan going to appeal to? Let's say he does pay the tax bill in the hope of getting a licence. He still owes £1.1million, he has no players or team and most importantly he has no ground. The Munster FA are backing the FORAS team and making Turners Cross available to them.

Even is he does pay the tax bill, all Couglan has is the name Cork City Football Club.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement