Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low For Cork City FC (mod note #27)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i heard he'll be talking to Declan Kidney, Eddie O'Sullivan and Sonia O'Sullivan about the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Roar wrote: »
    i heard he'll be talking to Declan Kidney, Eddie O'Sullivan and Sonia O'Sullivan about the job.

With Tommy's mind-set (signing Andy Cole??) , anything's possible with him

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

gimmick wrote: »
    Mutual agreement. I would imagine he would not want to work on the budget offered to him.
    Are you 100% certain of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup. 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Looked at http://www.corkcityfc.ie/ for a club statement - No news on it or anything whatsoever although we have the colour blue to look at.

This is what happens when you don't pay the award-winning web designer/webmaster who is a fan of the club.

• Advertisement

Yup. 100%
    Looks like it alright. Thankfully there will not be a Court case out of this so.

In yesterdays Echo, Farrelly was linked with the managers job.

In todays Echo, Farrelly still hasn't received the €36000 he was awarded for unfair dismissal, and he will be relaunching the winding up order. EDIT: He has ruled himself out of the running for the managers job, for those of you who were wondering.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Pure Cork wrote: »
    In yesterdays Echo, Farrelly was linked with the managers job.

In todays Echo, Farrelly still hasn't received the €36000 he was awarded for unfair dismissal, and he will be relaunching the winding up order. EDIT: He has ruled himself out of the running for the managers job, for those of you who were wondering.

:D:D:D

I knew when i heard that Coughlan was going to pay Farrelly his money in installments that he'd be screwed over again. People should never take installments from Tom because he never seems to pay the installments.

No doubt he'll probably blame it on a clerical error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/farrelly-seeks-second-cork-court-order-1962312.html
    Gareth Farrelly has applied for a second winding-up order of Cork City after the money he was owed under the terms of a previous out-of-court settlement was not paid by the deadline of last Monday.

The former Ireland international, who had been owed €36,000 in wages from the Leeside outfit, confirmed yesterday that he has applied to the courts for a winding-up hearing through his solicitor.

He has also informed the FAI licensing committee, through the PFAI, that he is still owed money by the club.

"We are operating in very difficult financial times now, but this will be sorted," a Cork spokesperson is quoted as saying yesterday, while chairman Tom Coughlan was unavailable for comment last night.

The PFAI has also written to the FAI to inform them that three other former Cork players, Colin Healy, Darren Murphy and Pat Sullivan, are still due money from the troubled club.

Des wrote: »

Thanks Des for the link. :)

Coughlan wasn't available for comment. What. a. surprise

As much as I love City, I'm not sure whether we should just start again instead of continuing with TNB still involved constantly owing money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does Coughlan still owe money to the Revenue too?

I'm not sure about that but Hopefully not.

To quote the City forum:
    No manager
    No stadium (rumoured)
    No training ground
    No contracted players (all free agents as they were not paid)
    No club shop
    No online shop
    No website and by extension no email
    Licence application incomplete and returned
    Disrepute charge outstanding against the owner
    1 active winding up order
    3 court cases (Mathews, Curran, GSC)
    Current staff and players owed money
    Former staff and players owed money
    Creditors owed money
    Future prize money gone

The Echo has also clarified the situation regarding the club website:
    Meanwhile, Declan Carey has asked us to point out that the reason that the Cork City website was taken down was that despite repeated requests for payment from Cork City Football club he has not been paid by the club for work done on the website in the past five months. Tom Coughlan was unavailable for comment today.

What do you think?

To quote the City forum:

Nice 1, Pure Cork for that

Wow:eek::eek: I knew it was back but not like that

TNB has effectivly ruined the club and refuses to acknowlege it.

On the back page of the Echo tonight, it appears a group of investers are prepared to buy the club for 180-200K. It says that they promise to pay off all debts.

Guess what, TNB rejected the 1st offer.:mad::( TNB is also in court on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. His case has been postponed for a week

On the back page of the Echo tonight, it appears a group of investers are prepared to buy the club for 180-200K. It says that they promise to pay off all debts.

Guess what, TNB rejected the 1st offer.:mad::( TNB is also in court on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. His case has been postponed for a week

I think 200k is a generous offer and Tom does'nt deserve it either. I honestly think he'd rather run the club into the ground than admit defeat and sell up.

His case has been postponed for a week

This was originally postponed at Tommy's request for today. Now, it seems that it will be postponed until Wednesday or Thursday or whenever.

This was originally postponed at Tommy's request for today. Now, it seems that it will be postponed until Wednesday or Thursday or whenever.

Could mean he's going to sell the club and the FAI have given him a few extra days to do it.

Tommy and Roddy are meeting tonight.....

What a joke of a club. What a joke of a league.

Won't matter a damn if Tommy does not clear the outstanding wages by Friday. If he doesn't, no license. End of story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Roddy, hahahaha.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Won't matter a damn if Tommy does not clear the outstanding wages by Friday. If he doesn't, no license. End of story.

Is that former players wages you're referring to? I was under the impression that the players (although they are out of contract) currently at the club had been fully paid up.

Yeah, all wages and associated taxes paid in full or have agreements in place.

fh041205 wrote: »
    Is that former players wages you're referring to? I was under the impression that the players (although they are out of contract) currently at the club had been fully paid up.

Current and former players and staff.

Gamble is on trial with Hartlepool. At least Tommy won't get a fee because his contract was broken.

Current and former players and staff.

Did CCFC miss another months payment? I wouldn't be surprised if he wormed out of this one. I don't like the idea of having an agreement to pay money back.

And why did ye ever get a fee for Kevin Long? I think thats who it was anyway.

Did CCFC miss another months payment? I wouldn't be surprised if he wormed out of this one. I don't like the idea of having an agreement to pay money back.

And why did ye ever get a fee for Kevin Long? I think thats who it was anyway.
    I've lost track of current players and staff to be honest. But if they are owed money then either paid in full or have an agreement in place. If they have been paid according to schedule then there isn't a problem. Gamble is a free agent, yet he signed a 3 year contract during the 2008 season.

We got a fee for Long presumably because whoever signed him would've had to pay compensation if they didn't pay a fee.

I thought all the players were free to leave because of breeches of contract. Six figures is a lot to spend when you mightn't need to, even for Burnley. Just struck me as strange when Gamble and the rest can leave for nothing. They shouldn't have to pay a fee because Long was effectively a free agent. Interesting none-the-less.

I thought all the players were free to leave because of breeches of contract. Six figures is a lot to spend when you mightn't need to, even for Burnley. Just struck me as strange when Gamble and the rest can leave for nothing. They shouldn't have to pay a fee because Long was effectively a free agent. Interesting none-the-less.

As far as I know, since he's under 24, if the two clubs couldn't reach an agreement on a suitable compensation package, the fee would be decided by a tribunal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

He probably doesn't have the money for a train to Dublin

As far as I know, since he's under 24, if the two clubs couldn't reach an agreement on a suitable compensation package, the fee would be decided by a tribunal.

Yea you're right about that, the Bosman rule. However, he could simply leave the club, citing breach of contract, and sign as a free agent.

As far as i know Tom has'nt paid up backroom staff and the staff at the club shop which will affect the licence application if he does'nt pay up.

Few people on this thread seem to be in the know, so any comment on what I heard today, that Tommy's days are numbered?
    I'll believe it when I see it, but heard a rumour that he won't or can't fulfill the licence requirements, so will either sell or else will bring the club down with him...
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry...:o

getcover wrote: »
    Few people on this thread seem to be in the know, so any comment on what I heard today, that Tommy's days are numbered?
    I'll believe it when I see it, but heard a rumour that he won't or can't fulfill the licence requirements, so will either sell or else will bring the club down with him...
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry...:o

I believe he has until Thursday to get this all sorted out.

In the Echo, it named 3 potential managers for City: Roddy Collins, Stephen Kenny and Stephen Henderson. TNB has had meetings with all 3. I heard that Gamble will be sold in the January transfer window to Hartlepool and that a good number of players will be leaving as City can't afford their wages. Realistically, the club hasn't a very good chance of surviving.

Tommy Boy has asked players & staff etc to agree to yet another deferral of pay. More fool them if they agree to it. The deadline is Friday. I hope the FAI just pull the plug at this stage.

RIP CCFC. As long as Tommy is around, the club is dead to me. Its just the fact that I have 2 good buddies working for the fúcker is the only reason I am keeping abreast of goings ons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Roddy has left Floriana :D

Tommy Boy has asked players & staff etc to agree to yet another deferral of pay. More fool them if they agree to it. The deadline is Friday. I hope the FAI just pull the plug at this stage.

RIP CCFC. As long as Tommy is around, the club is dead to me. Its just the fact that I have 2 good buddies working for the fúcker is the only reason I am keeping abreast of goings ons.

Yeah, the general consensus seems to be to boycott the club if he gets a licence.

Ya, they said that, but no doubt the good fanboys and girls in FORAGE will be there come March as most have no life outside CCFC anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Atleast FORAS are trying to do something to help the club (applying for an A-championship license etc.), even if the club is still around with TNB at the helm next season, they will more than likely be around....and have a life!

But anyways, hopefully something good will come out of TNB's meeting with the FAI tomorrow, but i'm not holding my breath.

But anyways, hopefully something good will come out of TNB's meeting with the FAI tomorrow, but i'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully City will be thrown out of the league come Monday.

• Advertisement

FORAGE are paying lip service. far too many egos involved for them to make any sort of impact. They have 350ish members, many of whom have no plans on re joining due to the incompetence of them at board level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

FORAGE are paying lip service. far too many egos involved for them to make any sort of impact. They have 350ish members, many of whom have no plans on re joining due to the incompetence of them at board level.

Who's incompetent?

Give us a name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

It seems to me that the League of Ireland is turning into the Dublin and surrounds league,

Bohemians, Drogheda United, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, St Patrick's Athletic, Sporting Fingal, UCD

All these clubs are within a short distance of each other, Rovers to Dundalk can be done in about 1hour outside rush hour.

Galway Utd, Sligo Rovers & possibly Cork it they can sort things out.

Something needs to be done to spread the league out a bit more evenly around the country or it will be finished in the next few years.

Who's incompetent?

Give us a name?

Of course I am not going to name someone on a public forum to somebody i do not even know.

People have to pull in the same direction. If City hit the wall, FORAS will be the ones stepping in to pick up the pieces. If someone has a problem with any of the board members, they aren't set in stone forever. I'm happy with the job they've done so far.
    celticbest wrote: »
    It seems to me that the League of Ireland is turning into the Dublin and surrounds league,

Bohemians, Drogheda United, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, St Patrick's Athletic, Sporting Fingal, UCD

All these clubs are within a short distance of each other, Rovers to Dundalk can be done in about 1hour outside rush hour.

Something needs to be done to spread the league out a bit more evenly around the country or it will be finished in the next few years.
    League of the Pale. Of course people from those clubs don't seem to have any problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Of course I am not going to name someone on a public forum to somebody i do not even know.

I forgot.

Sweeping broadsides are what you do best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

League of the Pale. Of course people from those clubs don't seem to have any problem with it.

Of course these clubs are happy, they are were they want to be - The Premier League.

It's up to the League to sort out the misrepresentation that we currently have around the "Pale".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There are loads of clubs from outside Dublin in the League of Ireland. :rolleyes:

Why should they worry about it? The state of the current Cork and Limerick franchises (and Derry) are hardly their fault....
    Of course these clubs are happy, they are were they want to be - The Premier League.

No Premier League in this country. You seem confused with England.
    It's up to the League to sort out the misrepresentation that we currently have around the "Pale".

Why should they? It's up to clubs outside the Greater Dublin area to get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My idea is admittedly revolutionary but it involves more clubs from outside Dublin being good enough to get promoted to the Premier Division.

Complex I know, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Maybe they should just give teams a points bonus the further the are away from dublin, that would be great now wouldnt it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement