Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninokuni: The Another World (DS) - Studio Ghibli + Level 5

Options
  • 25-09-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Level 5 have released an extended trailer for 'NinoKuni: The Another World' for DS. This is the first game that Studio Ghibli have helped develop.

It is perhaps the most beautiful DS game you'll ever see, if you're a fan of good DS games or Studio Ghibli's work, I suggest you watch the trailer. (If you're looking for gameplay footage skip to about the half way point.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great looking game alright... love Studio Ghibli.

Embedded Video:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

great!! wouldnt expect it for quite some time here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Looks a bit too nice for a DS game..

*looks again at the Dev making the game

This is probably going to be one of the best looking DS games.

Now where the fcuk is my english copy of WKC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Some more information about this game came out today from Level 5's press conference. Coverage here. Release date was announced as December 9th in Japan so hopefully we'll see it here next year some time.

They officially announced the next game in the series, which is coming to the PS3. It looks amazing! johhny made a thread about the PS3 version here. Incredible translation of Studio Ghibli's art style.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As I suggested in the other thread: Excitement :D

Ghibli's art-style looks like it is going to translate perfectly to this game, plus high-definition is a very welcome development!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"NinoKuni: The Another World"?

Wish I could say that was the stupidest game title ever... but I know there's that Kingdom Hearts title. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Fnz wrote: »
    "NinoKuni: The Another World"?
    'Ni no Kuni' is the Japanese name, and can be translated as 'The Another World' or 'The other realm' or 'The other country'. We don't yet know what the game will be called when it comes out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

GothPunk wrote: »
    'Ni no Kuni' is the Japanese name, and can be translated as 'The Another World' or 'The other realm' or 'The other country'.

Most online reference to it seems to go with the most 'bass ackward' translation option for some reason. :D

Advertisement