If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Panasonic TXP42G10

Options
  • 25-09-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a quote for a Panny TXP42G10. Is Delivery possible?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Hi there,

I just thought I'd tag onto this thread

I am looking for a price on a TXP50V10 ..
    I sent John a seperate PM on this and some surround sound questions ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Thanks for the posts - and a quick update - at the moment we only stock the UK versions of Panasonic and because of this at the moment we are not shipping any Panasonic (with the exception of the TH46PZ81) to the ROI - however we are happy to stock them and arrange for in-store collection if you are interested??

On the specifics - we don't currently stock the TXP50V10 but we do the TXP50G10 at £999.95 - drop us a line if you are interested...

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NavNavSull

Guys
    Could someone please tell me the difference (if any) between the English and Irish panasonic plasma's. I'm planning on getting the TX-P42G10.
    Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

The main difference between the Uk and ROI model is that the UK version has no VHF tuner and there were issues with Irish DTT where the TV was not seeing it as a valid service and then not tuning the Irish stations in.
    Some posts suggest that this has been resolved but check.

This is what you have to do with an Irish spec Panasonic Plasma.

Panasonic do a range of Plasma TV's with a specific Irish model. This is designated by an L at the end of the model number. e.g TX-P42S10L.

When you switch one on the first time, you choose language and then country.

The country menu looks exactly the same as the European model other than that you can choose Ireland.

Important point: There is no UK option in this menu.

Auto setup runs but strangely only auto tunes Analogue stations and then exits.

You have to go into the setup menu to get the DVB-T setup to run.

It tunes in RTE DTT, no problem.

But then press the guide button and all you get is a Channel List, no EPG!!!

Read instruction book---"Depending on the country you select, TV Guide may not be supported, in this case Channel list will appear"

So to get the guide to work, you need to start again, thats the shipping condition option in the menu.

This time, select France as your country.

DVB-T finds channels, then exit. There is no point going through the analogue setup as it will not find Irish analogue channels with France selected.

The EPG will now work.

Go into analogue tuning menu. Change sound spacing from "F" to "SC2"

Then manually tune in and store the four channels. It very easy to do.

Teletext: Does not receive the MHEG5 text broadcast on RTE1 &2. Does receive old style text.

The only part of these TV's that has an Irish specification is that Ireland is included in the country list.

Hope this helps as there are a large number of posts about these great Tv's.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.