Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BagPackers! ... A sign the recession is over?

• 25-09-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

RANT: First off I hate them , can’t stand fecking bagpackers. After they are finished with your shopping, you usually arrive home to pour the remains of your shopping into the bin. Having broken your bollocks getting your hard earned cash to buy your shopping, they mash all your shopping into mulch by battering it to bits. The last shower to catch me out ,(a karate school) used their martial arts skills to dismember and beat my shopping into a small pile of trash that fit in a single bag…they handed me back the remaining unused shopping bags with a “have a nice day “comment. B@stards!!!. END OF RANT

Ok on to point of the post, my sister got to play her part in collecting funds for her daughters dance school by taking part in bagpacking yesterday. She chose to do a 3 hour morning shift with 2 others, the majority of the parents were doing later shifts.
    After their shift they had collected €300.00+ ,one woman put in a €20.00 note in collection bucket saying “just for the kids”??. As they were only able to cover 3 of the 20 tills in operation you can guess what could have been collected.
    Are we back? is there “loads of money” around the place, is the celtic tiger purring again, is this a job opportunity for the unemployed €200.00 per day?.

Ps: Unlike some of these backpacking maniacs , she did ask people if they wanted their bags packed before assisting them. She also assures me that no shopping items were abused or mistreated during her bagpacking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Oh how I do love ctrl+v posts.

Just stand ahead of them, glare, and catch your groceries first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

combining bagbacking and the recession.

the media sure has done their work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

that shitty post hurts my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

1. Pack bags.
    2 ???
    3. Profit.

I'm off to Supervalu!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yeah I'm not a fan of bag packers either. It seems like a wholly unnecessary service to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So... you hate your sister then... is that what you are saying?

Anyway, why the hell do you let them do it if you dislike it so much, it's your own fcuking fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

genericguy wrote: »
    that shitty post hurts my eyes.

LOL had to do it in Word.Boss does'nt like us on the internet,for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There are proper charities, then there are scroungers trying to get us suckers to pay for their children's hobbies.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

Ps: Unlike some of these backpacking maniacs , she did ask people if they wanted their bags packed before assisting them. She also assures me that no shopping items were abused or mistreated during her bagpacking.

Jaysus I hate those crustys myself, interailing and such. Pfff! Grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is it mandatory that we have to throw in some tenuous connection to the recession in thread titles these days?

Some bint gives 20 euro to charity and suddenly everything's fine again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Jaysus I hate those crustys myself, interailing and such. Pfff! Grrr!
    "backpacking" = Freudian slip => i must hate them as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is it mandatory that we have to throw in some tenuous connection to the recession in thread titles these days?

Some bint gives 20 euro to charity and suddenly everything's fine again?

You just have to ignore the mention of recession, and post any old sh1te, which is what I generally try to do.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OP, not everyone is unemployed and poor at the minute, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You just have to ignore the mention of recession, and post any old sh1te, which is what I generally try to do.

Deadly. I'll do that so.

Unrelated Youtube Link:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Bag packing as a service provided by the shop, I agree with you - fairly annoying.

But I've done quite a bit of bag packing for charity, and the few coins people throw in make an incredible difference. Once, in one weekend (friday evening, all day sat & sun) we raised just short of three grand. There were people who didn't want their bags packed and said so, which was fine. And I would always ask if they wanted help first, would never assume they do.

Also hate boy scout clubs/soccer teams doing it for their trip abroad - pay for your own holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

+1

Plus I don;t want to get food poisoning from them mixing rare meat, cleaning products and bread in the same fecking bag.
    WeeBushy wrote: »

Also hate boy scout clubs/soccer teams doing it for their trip abroad - pay for your own holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

That post was way too hard to read, I gave up. Bag packers wreck my head too though. Especially when they smush my eggs and grapes! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

meh, packing bags was alway for the scouts. whats the point funding an organisation that gets ur kids bet up for being members??

who gives a fook if u can pitch a tent, or tie 7 types of knots??? now, little girls in leotards...thats something i can agree with funding!! They're my favourite kind of tards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bag packers tilt the **** outta me

Advertisement