Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB really slow for anyone else?

• 25-09-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Is anyone's broadband really slow today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Carrigaline, using OpenDNS.
    Problems started before 3pm with the radio I was streaming breaking up. Then pages started taking a while to load.
    I was reading the paper waiting for this 'reply to thread' page to load, about 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished.

From experience of Eircom's BB service being interrupted I won't bother wasting money calling support.

I'm going to do some chores that normally I manage to put off with a bit web-browsing!

I'm no techie, does anyone know what is happening with Eircom BB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I'm no techie, does anyone know what is happening with Eircom BB?

I believe in technical terms its absolutely f*cked. Eircom know about it but are either unwilling to fix it or incompetent. Personally after waiting over 8 weeks they are both in ample supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Guys,

Carrigaline also in Co. Cork. Completely shot on 7mbps bband. Ran Pingplotter for half an hour. Its now at COMPLETE packet loss. Also using open dns. It aint the DNS servers this time.

It would seem to be, at least, the churchfield exchange.

Of course it could be another large DOS attack in progress like a few weeks ago.

Also consider that alot of Eircom exchanges are reaching or have reached bband subscription limit. The Eircom owners in OZ dont have any money plus their are questions as to whether the Singapore Telecom take over is to go ahead.

I am back to good old 56k Modem dial out .. happy days :D

Been talking to customers in Glanmire and Ballincollig this afternoon .. same thing!

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Seems to be working again now.
    I did call support: at least they had the decency to have a recorded message acknowledging the fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Any one know what happened? mine was out for a few hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement