Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum

Options
  • 25-09-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I read quite a bit so i thought i'd log the good the bad and the ugly.

I tend to read trashy airport blockbusters (when I'm not reading historical tomes or technical books) as popcorn for my mind.:)

Just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It's absolutely awful. While his other books are not particularly high brow (nor well written) the stories were interesting enough. This is just poor. The story is slow, uninvolving and the "twists" are obvious pretty quickly and its not for another 200 pages before you get the "reveal". Tedious sentences, worse characterisation than his previous books ciphers and probably the most annoying habit of his...the completely pointless aside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Dear jehovah, I just finished this too. What a steaming turd pile. And could someone explain why Browne felt the need to describe the bad guy's penis 4 times? And mention him being with young men? Browne is a strange individual, and this book lacked any ability to draw me into it's fantasy, and version of reality.

Advertisement