If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first ht, advise need

• 25-09-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi.
    have a room (attic converted) 4mx5m looking for ht first time in my life ;-) have a projector at the moment, but probably will get kind of plasma later on.

heading to onkyo tx-sr507 (or 2nd hand 606) and some 5.1 speakers (do not see any advantage of 7.1) thought to get Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1, but will consider to get ONKYO SKSHT528 set as well. is wall mounting for onkyo speakers available as well (two rear speakers probably better to be hanged)? any stands you can recommend?

ps: might also grab BDP3000 player which mention on sale thread. ;-)
    pps: btw, are any sales for onkyo happened at all? should i wait for nearest? ;-)

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Deesy wrote: »
    hi.
    have a room (attic converted) 4mx5m looking for ht first time in my life ;-) have a projector at the moment, but probably will get kind of plasma later on.

heading to onkyo tx-sr507 (or 2nd hand 606) and some 5.1 speakers (do not see any advantage of 7.1) thought to get Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1, but will consider to get ONKYO SKSHT528 set as well. is wall mounting for onkyo speakers available as well (two rear speakers probably better to be hanged)? any stands you can recommend?

ps: might also grab BDP3000 player which mention on sale thread. ;-)
    pps: btw, are any sales for onkyo happened at all? should i wait for nearest? ;-)

thanks

Deesy,

Thanks for the post - you lucky thing a dedicated AV attic:cool:.

Anyway, don't write off the 607 - I have may have a deal for you which may make you rethink!

The 528's are excellent as are the 1010i - but if I was you I would go for the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit with the 607 - this system should retail at about £900 - I can do it at just £669.95 !!! :eek: which is about 25% off....

Hope this is of interest to you - if so keep me posted & I'll get you sorted out!

Thanks again for the opprotunity to quote.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As I posted on another thread, wall mounting is available for all Onkyo HT528 speakers. I've got a set of them for the last week, amazing sound - but I'm no audiophile and can't tell if they're warm/bright or whatever, I just know they're very good and leaps and bounds over the 2003 Bush cheapy set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

...but if I was you I would go for the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit with the 607 - this system should retail at about £900 - I can do it at just £669.95 !!! :eek: which is about 25% off....

hi John. Thanks for the reply. Can we do this for 700 euro delivered to dub?

As I posted on another thread, wall mounting is available for all Onkyo HT528 speakers. I've got a set of them for the last week, amazing sound - but I'm no audiophile and can't tell if they're warm/bright or whatever, I just know they're very good and leaps and bounds over the 2003 Bush cheapy set :)

Touching,

Thanks for that - Maybe no audiophile - but you do know your technical onions!

...BTW, did you have a Bush 5.1 system? - tell all - we CAN get you medical treatment for that condition you know :o.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

bump? ;-)

• Advertisement

bump? ;-)

Deesy,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we cannot always get back to all posts within the hour unfortunately so apologies..

I honestly cannot do that system at €700 - if you have a look around most Dublin retailers are doing the TXSR607 on its own for around €500 and as teh Vector 5.1 kit retails at about £500 I just cannot do that price (however if you can find a cheaper price than ours - we will of course pricebeat subject to the normal T's & C's!) the best price I can do is €769 delivered.

Thanks again and, again apologies for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc

my bad, John. i'm just so excited ;-). that price, does it include famous RS's 5 years warranty?

my bad, John. i'm just so excited ;-). that price, does it include famous RS's 5 years warranty?

God Loves a tryer!

Not at that price - but the Onkyo does come with a 2 year warranty as standard (and they are pretty bulletproof) the Monitor Audio Vector have a 3 year warranty (once you don't blow the Cra9 out of them!) if you did want to get the full 5 year I would do it at an additional €37.99

The excitement is building!

We have all that kit in stock ready to roll..

Keep me posted,

ATb,

John Mc

agh... let's make my wife "happy" :eek: ....
    I'll grab your offer for "all in black" set, please

ps: you can sell.... you can sell well! ;-)

agh... let's make my wife "happy" :eek: ....
    I'll grab your offer for "all in black" set, please

ps: you can sell.... you can sell well ;-)

Deesy,

That's actually the worst excuse I have ever heard for buying a HT system ;) - if you drop me a PM with your contact details I'll get the guys to give you a shout in the morning and sort out the messy details.

Thanks again and as you know we are here if there is ever any issue,

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Advertisement

She knew and ready for this ;-) phone pm'd.

is it possible to collect from RS belfast? friend of mine is heading to belfast tomorrow and next sartuday.
    thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.