Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitten not eating

Options
  • 25-09-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I have 2 kittens around 4 mths old. The last few days they dont seem to be eating much. They seem fine and healthy are playing with each other just not eating. What could be the problem? Is there anything i could get for them instead of bringing them to vet.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are they going to the bathroom ok? have they been wormed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Are they drinking and peeing/pooing as normal? Also as star-pants said have they been wormed recently? Their belly should be swollen if they are very wormy, even though I think they actually should be eating more not less if they have worms but no harm to worm them anyways.
    Have they been vaccinated? If they've been vaccinated lately sometimes kittens can be a little off afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

As above, are they drinking? It is more serious if they are not. If they're not than I would definitely go to the vet straightaway. What are you feeding them? Have you tried different things? Our kitten stopped eating for a bit and we had to change his cat food, then he started eating again. Cats are stubborn, they'll starve rather than eat something they don't want to.

We gave him the brand he didn't like again a few weeks later and he wolfed it down. We think he just got sick of it and wanted a change! If it doesn't improve in a day or two I'd take them to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks for replies. I brought him to vet this morning she has bacterial infection. Thanks again for all replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. I brought him to vet this morning she has bacterial infection. Thanks again for all replies.

Aww - poor kitty. Hope she gets better soon. Cats do't do well at being sick!

• Advertisement
Advertisement