Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Z4 - Recommendations / Advice ?

• 25-09-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

Going to look at a BMW Z4 tomorrow with the view to buying it any advice or recommendations on what I should be looking out for ?

Its the 2.2 petrol model, so I'm interested in what MPG current owners are getting and do you like it etc...

Thanks Guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Hairdressers car!! buy an Audi TT instead.

07Lapierre wrote: »

How does the above comment help the op with his question exactly??

I like the Z4's I had the loan of one for a day and I really enjoyed it, it was only the 2.0L version but was still good fun. Especially with the top down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

07Lapierre wrote: »

Rubbish statement.

How does the above comment help the op with his question exactly??

I like the Z4's I had the loan of one for a day and I really enjoyed it, it was only the 2.0L version but was still good fun. Especially with the top down.

It wasn't meant to help..just and opinion (where's your sence of humour?). I was never a fan of the Z4. I think the rear end is ugly and the interior is boring. Not to my taste. Whereas a TT (new shape) is a much nicer car IMO. The Z4 is a nice car to drive though i agree with you on that one.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Rubbish statement.

Yeah I know..but its friday and it sure got a reaction didn't it? :D C'mon lads Lighten up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if i was you, and if you can stomach the tax, go for the 2.5 or 3.0 over the 2.2, almost all running costs bar tax and ins are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

Thanks for the amusing replies ;)

Its a 04 2.2i Z4, not a fan of the Audi TT myself much preffered the A4 cabriolet if I was gonna be an Audi. I like the Z4 and wanna give BMW a go :)

Lets hope the weather is nice tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 baldyback

In my opinion the TT is a better car to look at and it has a nicer interior but the Z4 is a cracking car to drive - Have driven the 2.2 and the 3.0L. The 3.0 would be my choice but the 2.2 is a lovely enging and it sounds great.

How old is it, what kind of miles and what sort of spec does it have?

sham09 wrote: »
    Thanks for the amusing replies ;)

Its a 04 2.2i Z4, not a fan of the Audi TT myself much preffered the A4 cabriolet if I was gonna be an Audi. I like the Z4 and wanna give BMW a go :)

Lets hope the weather is nice tomorrow ;)

Best of luck with it tomorrow then. I would guess that once you sit in the Z4 and give it a blast down the road, you'll make your mind up pretty quick. The MPG, running costs etc. won't matter :D Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

baldyback wrote: »
    In my opinion the TT is a better car to look at and it has a nicer interior but the Z4 is a cracking car to drive - Have driven the 2.2 and the 3.0L. The 3.0 would be my choice but the 2.2 is a lovely enging and it sounds great.

How old is it, what kind of miles and what sort of spec does it have?

Think your all forgetting that there is a huge price difference in new shape TT vs a '04 TT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Doesn't really matter though - the OP has said he doesn't want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

Thanks for all the replies guys! I bought the car straight away :)

I am delighted with it so far, it looks fantastic & am delighted with it :)

Thanks again!

Anyone out there thinking about getting one, I'd highly recommend it after 1 week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

sham09 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys! I bought the car straight away :)

I am delighted with it so far, it looks fantastic & am delighted with it :)

Thanks again!

Anyone out there thinking about getting one, I'd highly recommend it after 1 week.

Well wear, drive carefully;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

well wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭twentyfour7

Get a 350z - 313 model ... i did and it rocks... hang on actually... buy mine I can't afford it anymore :)

Best of luck with looking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bazz26 wrote: »
    Rubbish statement.

Yes indeed. Everyone knows the TT is in fact a female estate agent's car.

Advertisement