Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My favourite snes games from 10 to 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

10. Super Mario All Stars
    9. Super Mario Kart
    8. Worms
    7. Harvest Moon
    6. Super Metroid
    5. Super Mario RPG
    4. Super Mario World
    3. Donkey Kong Country 2
    2. Chrono Trigger
    1. Zelda: A Link to the Past

My logic is undeniable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

10. Super Mario All Stars
    9. Super Mario Kart
    8. Worms
    7. Harvest Moon
    6. Super Metroid
    5. Super Mario RPG
    4. Super Mario World
    3. Donkey Kong Country 2
    2. Chrono Trigger
    1. Zelda: A Link to the Past

My logic is undeniable.

:eek: You have not included FF6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

:eek: You have not included FF6

BAHAHA WHAT A ****

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say it's a great list. And street fighter should be played in the arcade not on the SNES :P

Here's mine off the top of my head:

10. Axelay

9. Yoshi's Island

8. Demon's Crest

7. Earthbound

6. Assault Suit Valkens

5. Chrono Trigger

4. Super Mario World

3. Final Fantasy 6

2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

1. Super Metroid

There's plenty of games I haven't played on the SNES that I'm sure are contenders like Lufia 2, Shin Megami Tensei, the Soul Blazer trilogy by Quintet and I've only started secret of mana.

I like that list... gimmie a few hours to think about mine!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ooohhh, i loved cybernator as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The japanese version assault suit valken is better. They cut a load out for the wesern release. Thanks god there's a fan sub of the original.

I dint expect Super Metroid to be so high on peoples lists, do ye really think its that good and before you ask I have played and finished it once I still think zelda 3,FF6 and shadow run are better, Ny love for shadow run is probably more down to nostalgia then anything else.

Yo retro gamer have you played super Aleste , I would have that above axelay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have played super aleste. Think it's absolute quality but for me Axelay is the best SNES shoot'em up game. I know most people rate Super Aleste above it.

As for Super Metroid I really do think it's that good. For me it's the perfect videogame. It's just pure brilliance all the way through and I always end up playing it at least once a year. Very thing is great about it, the music, how it looks and above all how it tells a great story with only a few lines of dialogue at the start of the game. Even though the main quest is superb there's always sequence breaking which is just as much fun if you want to explore more of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

As for Super Metroid I really do think it's that good. For me it's the perfect videogame. It's just pure brilliance all the way through and I always end up playing it at least once a year. Very thing is great about it, the music, how it looks and above all how it tells a great story with only a few lines of dialogue at the start of the game. Even though the main quest is superb there's always sequence breaking which is just as much fun if you want to explore more of the game.

fúck VC, Nintendo!!

Re-release this on the DS. I'd pay to play this on a portable device. It could look amazing like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Race ya around Zebes Retr0?
    I didnt see the big deal about Donkey Kong COuntry either. wasnt actually that good a game. I much preferred playing sim city on the snes instead

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I had a Snes but I can barely remember the games on it.

I didn't have many - they were too expensive. I remember my first one though, that Super Mario Cartidge with all 4 games on it.

Obviously Street Fighter, Desert/Counter Strike (was that the Megadrive?) and vaguely remember A jurasic Park game.

Wish I has played FF6 back in the day cos it was tough going on the PS1.

FF6 was an US and japan only release so unless you were willing to spend something like 100+ irish pounds in mr calculator you wouldn't be playing it.

As far as I know the strike games were on the SNES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

10.Super Probotector
    9.Street Fighter Alpha 2
    8.Super Bomberman 3
    7.Mario Kart
    6.Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt
    5.Sunset Riders
    4.Super Mario World
    3.Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose
    2.Ranma 1/2
    1.Legend of Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The Strike games were on the Megadrive. So many good games mentioned in this thread makes me want to set up my megadrive and snes and just start kicking ass again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Desert Strike was released first on the Megadrive. It then got ported to a load of other systems, including the Snes.

Same goes for the other games. Well, up until Urban Strike. Soviet Strike & Nuclear Strike were on 32 bit systems.

The final game, Future Strike was never finished and instead became Future Cop LAPD. (Which is feckin great!)

Urban strike wasn't a 32-bit game it was on the snes and megadrive. Loads of funny cameos in it like a hidden elvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Urban strike wasn't a 32-bit game it was on the snes and megadrive. Loads of funny cameos in it like a hidden elvis.

I never said it was a 32 bit game! read my post again :P I had it on release. The levels outside the helicopter where you were running around in buildings really let the game down.

Oopsy, thats what I get for skimming over posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The japanese version assault suit valken is better. They cut a load out for the wesern release. Thanks god there's a fan sub of the original.

It was re-released for the ps2. They cleaned up the graphics and effects, and upped the resolution a bit. Have a copy at home but haven't played it in a long time, think it was a japanese release only. (Europe got it too, so says the internet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

In no order

Yoshi's Island
    ISS Deluxe
    Super Bomberman 2
    Super Metroid
    Super Mario Kart (my favourite by far)
    Donkey Kong Country
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Fever Pitch (oh yes, what a game, Jurgen Gdiverman ftw)
    Biker Mice From Mars
    Super Street Fighter 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DavidWhite

Here is prince of persia on the snes, what I like about was the skill it required and the puzzles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbkANEjSLq4

Hi,
    Its very informative video.
    Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement