Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Dublin to New York 199 euros - misleading promotion

Options
  • 25-09-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Dunno if this is a valid consumer issue and maybe i missed something. But today i had a look at the aer lingus website for flights to the US and came across this:

Dublin to New York from €199.00
    How to get this fare
    Travel period from 01 November 2009 until 31 March 2010
    Terms and conditions This fare is each-way, must be purchased as part of a return trip and includes taxes & charges. Subject to availability.

So i looked and set 'my dates are flexible' and the cheapest round trip that came up was at least 390 euros. Even with the one way trip from Dublin to NY, the cheapest was roughly 220 euros. So much for the from 199.00 euros thing, or is that just their way of saying that the one way trip will be just more than 199 euros and the whole cost of the round trip is nowhere near that.

From where i'm standing, this is seems really misleading as you cannot even leave the country without paying at least 220 euros to get to NY and the round trip is at least double the advertised price. What's the story with this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The fare is €199 each way, and must be purchased as part of a return trip (i.e. not valid for single flights over to NY).

You've said you got a return flight for €390 ..which is even less than €398 (€199 each way x2). I don't quite see your issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bada_bing wrote: »
    Dunno if this is a valid consumer issue and maybe i missed something. But today i had a look at the aer lingus website for flights to the US and came across this:

Dublin to New York from €199.00
    How to get this fare
    Travel period from 01 November 2009 until 31 March 2010
    Terms and conditions This fare is each-way, must be purchased as part of a return trip and includes taxes & charges. Subject to availability.

So i looked and set 'my dates are flexible' and the cheapest round trip that came up was at least 390 euros. Even with the one way trip from Dublin to NY, the cheapest was roughly 220 euros. So much for the from 199.00 euros thing, or is that just their way of saying that the one way trip will be just more than 199 euros and the whole cost of the round trip is nowhere near that.

From where i'm standing, this is seems really misleading as you cannot even leave the country without paying at least 220 euros to get to NY and the round trip is at least double the advertised price. What's the story with this??

Did you read that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

I think his issue might be basic reading comprehension :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lol at this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ashdub

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,680 ✭✭✭Trampas

I could select flights around mid november for less than €398 return.

can't see how it is misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭rameire

so
    they are charging less then advertised.
    how dare they mislead you.
    ring them tomorrow and tell them you want to pay the extra 8 euro.
    and if not you will take them to the small claims and force them to take your money.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

2212239934_ce7fed413e.jpg

Advertisement