Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batch Auto Correct in Photoshop

• 25-09-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

following on from a thread I posted a while ago I've a load of photos to scan in and enhance a bit for my Grandad-He doesn't have the negatives, so I've to go with the prints. Some are over 80 years old :eek:!!!

There's about 3500 all told, so this is gonna be a huge task-I'd say it'll take a year of doing a few pages from his albums at a time.

I'm not very familiar with Photoshop, but I know you can do some auto-corrections to images so my plan was to enhance them all a little. They don't have to be perfect-just a digital copy of each to be kept for me and the rest of the grandchildren.

So is there a way to run a script or something to just auto correct a load of files at the one time?

This is probably chancing my arm, but I'll be scanning in several at a time then cutting up the image to separate files-don't suppose there's a way to auto detect different images from one scan?!!!:)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Yeah photoshop can do that in file/automate/crop-straighten photos just scan in a full platen and then import into PS and run the above task, it then spits out the individual shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

some scanners can do the auto detect and straighten stuff, mine does for example

although i have never used it in anger it seem to do the job when i have used it like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I had to do a hob like this for someone once, as they wanted a slideshow of many many images, as mentioned in a previous thread unless the scanner has high quality you may be better off photographing them, I know Steve knows more about htis we spoke about it before but he knows the technical reasons, i.e. pixels etc.

I basically just stuck the tv on and sat down with my camera and 220 photos and shot them all. I had it done by the end of the evening with the images cropped and corected as needed, I'd just say this may be an easier option for you rather than scanning and seperating a few images at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I still think the scanner would be the best bet, I had to do a similar slideshow and they brought me around a shoebox full of pictures and I managed to scan them 6 at a time, but I think the scanner software was able to separate them.

Advertisement