Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Allowances

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

foinse wrote: »
    I was responding to the claim that farming is more dangerous than policing.

So am I

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0107/1230936732201.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭green123

willit wrote: »

they all also get some overtime and some shift allowance and other allowances.
    so on average they take home at least 500 or 600 per week after tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Farming is not more dangerous.......Farmers themselves are the danger because they refuse point blank to engage in SAFE farming practice.

I grew up as a farmer and I know what I am talking about. I still see the farmers in my locality driving tractors on hills without safety frames and without lights even 2 days ago i passed a tractor without lights at 7pm, that's seriously stupid. I have seen members of my own family walk on a timber pallet over a slurry pit to save a drowing calf and almost getting killed themselves as the calf sank the pallet when they started to pull it out. My father went down into the pit in a slatted shed some years back to sweep out the muck so he wouldn't have the contractor coming back again so soon, he ended up in hospital for 3 weeks because of that. A friend was killed when a trench supported by CHIPBOARD collapsed on top of him, because the builder used the wrong cheaper material. I have even seen a lad falling from scaffolding 2 stories up on a Monday morning because he was pissed from the night before, thank God he escaped with a few bruises.

Tell me an instance where a farmer or a construction worker got killed through no fault of his own or his employer?

Just a passenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭green123

willit wrote: »

a person earning 31k a year gets 31000/52 per week which = 596.15
    that's before tax, not after tax

that works out somewhere a lot closer to the 260 or 300 that those "stupid gaurds" talk about.

If you're going to post on here then plesae at least try to make sense.

you should try to make sense and stop licking arses
    tax on 596 per week does not leave you with 300
    you dont pay 50% tax
    you pay no tax on the first 350 or 400
    and then 20% or 21% on the other 200 = 40 tax
    so 596 - 40 = 556 roughly
    then take away levies
    so dont believe their bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 pipesofpeace

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Tell me an instance where a farmer or a construction worker got killed through no fault of his own or his employer?

I'll give you one a guy on a farm knocked down and killed by some farm machinery operated by someone else. Killed as you say through no fault of his own.

What are trying to say farmers are stupidier than Gardai!!!!

All those little stories have one thing in common - human error. Its inescapable whether its a farmer climbing above a slurry pit or a Garda thinkin he's a hero when he should really call for backup.

Both are human error and both people end up dead.

Another dumb arguement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I'll give you one a guy on a farm knocked down and killed by some farm machinery operated by someone else. Killed as you say through no fault of his own.

What are trying to say farmers are stupidier than Gardai!!!!

All those little stories have one thing in common - human error. Its inescapable whether its a farmer climbing above a slurry pit or a Garda thinkin he's a hero when he should really call for backup.

Both are human error and both people end up dead.

Another dumb arguement

It's not dumb. That person would be alive if he kept his distance from the machine.

Just a passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

green123 wrote: »
    stupid gaurds on here quoting their pay as only €280 or €300 a week is retarded.

reported for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

stupid gaurds on here quoting their pay as only €280 or €300 a week is retarded.

you dont quote your pay after you pay your personal loans and medical insurance.

gaurds get 27k basic + 4k rent = 31k minimium
    then they get some shift and ot

so gaurds must get at least 500 or 600 on average per week after tax

to say anything else is either :

1. lies
    2. stupidity

so which is it ? 1 or 2 ?

so 1 or 2 ?
    are you telling lies ?
    or are you just a bit stupid ?

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

What about farm or construction industry related assaults?

Something like 1.6 gardai assaulted every day thats 600ish per year;

I am a newly attested member and when the article in the indo with the cso stats was printed, i was in a room with 8 gardai, 2 sgts and an inspector and not one got anywhere near that; and that was on big cheque week too

You can keep quoting "facts" all you want but you could also take on board the views and real facts from serving members that we are just about surviving on the money we are getting which is about 300 per week;

I know for a fact of one guy in the job, wife + 3 young 'uns, that if his wages are cut by 10 more euro per week he will be entitled to a 70€ welfare contribution under the family suppliment allowance. But of course we should be thankful we have a fantastically well paid job, he is on the breadline going on the governments own figures.

Actually you should be thankful you have people out there willing to take the crap and see the most horrific of things you would not imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

This thread has run its course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement