Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actuarial Studies in UCD anyone???

Options
  • 25-09-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey!!! Can anyone give me any advise on Actuarial Studies in UCD??? I plan to do it next year.. What are the lectures like?? How much independent work do you need to do?? What would you realistically need to get in Maths in Leaving Cert to cope with this course??? What are Actuary earnings like?? Whats UCD life like??

Sorry for all the questions!!lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Actuary has high points, so you would need good grades to get in at all. Among these good grades you would expect that your maths grade would be one of your better grades, as if maths wasn't your strong subject why would you be choosing to so BAFS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dylanpp

1st 2 years are quite broad. 3rd year begins to get more specific in actuarial maths and statistical theory. there are some finance/economics modules too. you will need to do a considerable amount of study to do well. the course is very doable but any less than a C in maths and u might struggle.

earnings depend initially on the no. of exemptions you receive. it is not difficult to receive all 8 and now the new CA1 exemption. so between 30 and 40k depending on this. once u qualify fully i believe it jumps to at least 70k

Advertisement