Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Squad Named

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great to Steven Reid back!

Who has been dropped to make space for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Liam Miller is blackmailing Trap, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I was hoping that the title of this thread would be "Reid Returns", just to confuse people :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Odds on Reid withdrawing with injury before he can even join up with the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

5starpool wrote: »
    Odds on Reid withdrawing with injury before he can even join up with the squad?

Dont jinx it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I was hoping that the title of this thread would be "Reid Returns", just to confuse people :)
    It would be nice to have both Reid's back in the squad. The continuing presence of Liam Miller is a mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Still the only reason I have to dislike Trapattoni - Andy Reid.

Cop on Trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Well at least Liam Miller has a club this time around....he must have played blinders in those two games to merit an inclusion over Andy Reid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Great to Steven Reid back!

Who has been dropped to make space for him?

Nobody's been dropped as he's taken along a larger squad than the Cyprus game. What's funny about that though is apparently the reason some players had to fly in economy last time was because Trap took 25 players, which was large by his standards. He's taken 27 this time by my count so let's hope the FAI don't balls this one up. :pac:

The big dilemma if Reid plays is who will start alongside him. Will he stick with Whelan as he did for the early games or will he give the nod to Andrews. I would rather see Reid with Andrews. Gibson would be an outside bet but he's not done it at international level yet.

Bit of a joke that Miller gets to make the squad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

For gods sake why isnt Andy Reid in the squad. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think it would be desperate of Trap to start Reid in any of these upcoming games,

He hasn't played much so far for Blackburn, just being slowly brought back in the league cup campaign,

He looked rusty, as you'd imagine against Forest on wednesday, giving away a penalty, with nobody around him.

Would love Blackburn to withdraw him from the squad somehow

Good to see Steven Reid has fully recovered from injury. Probably rusty but is it cruel to say I'd still play him in front of the invisible twins?

I think it would be desperate of Trap to start Reid in any of these upcoming games,

He hasn't played much so far for Blackburn, just being slowly brought back in the league cup campaign,

He looked rusty, as you'd imagine against Forest on wednesday, giving away a penalty, with nobody around him.

Would love Blackburn to withdraw him from the squad somehow

Pains me to say it - but we ARE that desperate in midfield. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wrong reid is in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭briany

Good to see Steven Reid is back, maybe now we'll have a bit more about us in the midfield area,no? I was reading in the Herald about the possible issue of Reid being called up before he's even played a league game, but hopefully it will be a non starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Liam Miller.

Laugh Out Loud.

Liam Miller and no Keith Fahey.

Rolling On Floor Laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

If we had the two reids in midfield, it'd be a very good team but we've got a manager who holds a grudge... (like a child)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If we had the two reids in midfield, it'd be a very good team but we've got a manager who holds a grudge... (like a child)

Or maybe he hasn't seen enough from Marlon Brando Reid to change the squad on account of him yet.

Remember he's only been getting a game for Sunderland for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

gosplan wrote: »
    Or maybe he hasn't seen enough from Marlon Brando Reid to change the squad on account of him yet.

Thats hardly an excuse to be fair, how much of Steven Reid has he seen over the past few months?

He was picking Whelan last season when he wasn't in the Stoke starting XI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What is Long doing that Morrison isn't to get into the squad? I know which of the 2 i'd want coming off the bench if we're putting on pressure in search of a goal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

In fairness, Andy Keogh has been brilliant for Wolves so far this season, definitely deserves a spot on the basis of form.

Andy Reid surely deserves a spot in the squad though. 3 goals and 2 assists already this season and that was after missing the first two games through injury/fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

For Christ's sake, the season has only just started!

Also, he only missed one game, and that was due to inury.

The more I think about Liam Miller's inclusion, the more infuriated I get. He couldn't even break into a modest QPR team last season ffs. He is essentially a League One player at best, I would even pick a top LOI player over him FFS. Jesus f***ing wept Trapattoni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Liam Miller must have something over Trap to keep getting picked.

Fahey is much more deserving of a place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If Fahey gets a call up, we gets more money.

If Delaney can ensure Rovers win the league and Waterford get the league cup, cork dont get relegated, he can easily ensure Fahey gets picked.

But we is only ickle and still involved with kerr :(

Trap just call him up as back up, dont need to play him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If Fahey gets a call up, we gets more money.

If Delaney can ensure Rovers win the league and Waterford get the league cup, cork dont get relegated, he can easily ensure Fahey gets picked.

But we is only ickle and still involved with kerr :(

Trap just call him up as back up, dont need to play him :D

I actually wouldn't put it past the FAI if this was actually the reason Fahey wasn't in the squad.

FFS, what other national team on a par with Ireland wouldn't have a starter for a Premier League club in their squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

To be fair to Liam Miller (I'm not saying he's better than Fahey) he's playing football now at a pretty decent level and doing well too, most Hibs fans have been very impressed with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Duff just gone off injured, Damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

podge018 wrote: »
    To be fair to Liam Miller (I'm not saying he's better than Fahey) he's playing football now at a pretty decent level and doing well too, most Hibs fans have been very impressed with him.

Im not sure if playing for hibs is a step up from not being with a club for 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

It's ridiculous not having Fahey in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

CHD wrote: »
    Duff just gone off injured, Damn.

A big loss but I believe it is time for Trap to get off his high horse now and call up Luke Kelly, I mean Andy Reid!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

At least Miller is at a club now then?

Still tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Any word on Duffs replacement.

Shockin that kelly of fulham is in before fahey. I like faheys attitude as a player.

Form isnt bad going in especially upfront. Dunne had a mare yesterday though.

People might think Im nuts but id love to see Traps try O Shea in central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone hear that the play offs are going to be seeded? can't see it myself but it would be bad news for us if true

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭briany

*******s!:mad: Oh well theres always Euro 2012......(real optimistic:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

personally i dont think its gonna be seeded only time will tell, now with duff injured its high time trap got fahey or andy reid to replace him and for folan, clinton morrison the man has been on fire with leon best so far this season!!

Advertisement