Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

110mm Film Developing?

• 25-09-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Does anywhere in Dublin develop 110mm film and if so, do you know if it's expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Hey Folks,

Does anywhere in Dublin develop 110mm film and if so, do you know if it's expensive?

No - try Gunns I guess. But my question is where did you buy the film! I'm having seriousl trouble finding any for my latest acquisition:

itt400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'll give them a ring tomorrow Sinead. I haven't bought anything yet but I've been seriously tempted by the camera below. Heck I may even buy one if the film can't even be developed. I haven't checked properly but I thought eBay would have had some 110mm film?

82576613_2f54488db2.jpg?v=0

Ooo look at that! Cool :D

There is this place for film but the shipping costs seem a LOT. AFAIK Gunns should be able to dev it, but maybe not? If you give them a call could you let me know too?

Oh! Just found this resource - there's someone there who processes it anyway :) Although their info might be out of date - 7dayshop don't stock it...

http://www.pentax110.co.uk/html/110_film.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Fufilm in Shankill develop 110 negs. I am not too sure how much it costs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Or develop it yourself, I think my paterson tank has reels that click down to 110 size. If not you can probably buy them online somewhere. Of course that only leaves you with the problem of getting them scanned or printed ...

I was wondering if the tanks would adapt. The film is teensy (and low quality I've been told). I think if you just scanned it with 35mm or 120mm holders on a flatbed and set it to scan 'film with guides' that'd work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

sineadw wrote: »
    I was wondering if the tanks would adapt. The film is teensy (and low quality I've been told). I think if you just scanned it with 35mm or 120mm holders on a flatbed and set it to scan 'film with guides' that'd work?

35mm holder would probably work. But depending on how its holding the film it might mark or scratch some of the negatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rang Gunns today but wasn't able to get through, it seemed like a problem on their end. Will ring them on Monday.

Advertisement