Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion First Impressions

• 25-09-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Now that the head-start is over i thought i'd just get a general rundown on everyones Aion experience so far! Personally i haven't enjoyed an mmo this much since asheron's call, and that was a long time ago:D For someone who stopped playing WoW after the ten day trial due to boredom, i can say that theres just more elements that interest me in aion. The landscapes look great (provided you have the hardware), the mobs are weird and interesting, and flying is less of a gimmick than a handy tool for getting around (and looks pretty awesome too). I'm also a fan of the armour detail, no two players really look alike, even in the same areas and at the same level (apart from sorcerers though, in my experience).

So how does everyone else think its shaping up?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

great so far. have to see what the abyss is like. im nearly there :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Top marks all round.
    Its the queues that wreck my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Trying to get an account is the part pissing me off.

The servers are overloaded and keep giving me a "document contains no data"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game tries to login with my name and password, freezes, then boots to desktop...

Its no wonder they give you 30 days of free play with MMO's, cause they are always 100% totally unprepared for releases : /

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »
    Game tries to login with my name and password, freezes, then boots to desktop...

Its no wonder they give you 30 days of free play with MMO's, cause they are always 100% totally unprepared for releases : /

Thats happening to me too as of a few mins ago.

checkout these links

http://twitter.com/aion_ayase
    http://www.aionsource.com/forum/aion-discussion/67436-strange-thing-about-mass-boot-read.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

It's ok, No replay value at all going to try max my cleric but i dont think i could bring myself to go through those zone's again.

The Que's and the near unreadable chat box are what is putting a dampner on this game for me at the moment.

Also been trying to do a dam escourt quest for 3 days i have to wait for him to spawn at some bridge any time i get to him someone grabs him before me grrrr on every channel ahhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i'm loving it so far, the abyss is alot of fun and flying pvp is a fresh experience !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

55 min queue on the new server now. This is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Pretty fun so far; only one issue: fps?

Its great in general, but when I was in the crafting area it just sky rocketed down to 20 or so.

System specs:

Tri core 3.3ghz
    1024 Ati 4870
    4gb ram
    Windows xp

Surely I shouldn't have to lower graphics a whole lot? I mean it will be similar amounts of ppl fighting in big pvp areas no?

I've read alot of ppl have great fps with less specs than mine :confused:

Advertisement