Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Dunne gym lucan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

yeah there is a personal trainer there and i think he offers a 6 week training course, dunno how much he charges though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SonicC

Great gym, prob the best ive ever trained in.
    The equipment is state of the art, only thing that lets them down is there customer service, like even a smile when you walk in, or a "goodbye, see ya next time" when your going.
    and i cant even count on two hands the amount of times ive seen young lads and girls using machines wroung or lifting weights arse ways, and the staff just walk on by, its a kinda of attitude "right pay the money, theres your gym, good luck"
    i supose in fairness thats why you pay so cheap membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

i agree with you there sonic, sometimes i'm appalled by the fact that a young 11/12 year old boy can simply use the machines and the trainers are not really monitoring them at all. this actually happened the other day and i pointed it out to the lady at the desk. i felt it was necessary cos the kid could damage the machine or himself and then it'd be out of order for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is there a lift up to this gym? I'm assuming that it's upstairs? Does it cater for disabled people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Is there a lift up to this gym? I'm assuming that it's upstairs? Does it cater for disabled people?

Yeah, there is a lift mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shamrocka330

Joined this gym yesterday and was really impressed. Been in a number of gyms over the years and this is probably the best.

Oh and the price was €100 for a full years membership! The guy on the desk told me to ignore the sign saying it was €150 as the price was currently €125. Then when I was filling in the form another fella came in to join aswell and asked the bloke behind the counter could we join together (there's an offer on - two memberships for €200). The bloke behind the counter wasn't too bothered and agreed so we got the membership for €100 each!

And the clarion hotel were looking for €500 off me to renew my membership!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

No offence you cant compare Clarion to Ben Dunne Gym, totally different gyms, classes and the pool.

Liffey Valley is offering its membership for 200 (off peak) and that has 33m pool also and plenty of shower facilities!.

300 for full peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

They definitely can't be compared overall but if all you want to use are freeweights and don't care about classes and the pool then that's the comparison that matters and if there isn't too much of a difference then cost becomes a significant factor, as does the commute time to the gym.

However I totally agree that broad comparisons from one to the other aren't possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Agree with you. It has it purposes and if that meets your needs go for it.

Better off with the money in your own pocket than some other gym charging more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭l5auim2pjnt8qx

"CYCLIST BEWARE"

Thieves operating around the CarPark Ben Dunne/Lidl carpark dismantling Bikes.The Bike Rack as been moved to an out of sight location near the alleyway where no CCTV camera's are in operation.

Ben Dunne Gym have located the Bike Rack to this new location after Lidl removed the original one because of a building extension.

Ben Dunne Gym have been notified and are unwilling to change the location of the Bicycle Racks without any warnings of unseen CCTV camera's to members ,they are also "unwilling to accept any responsibility or negligence on there part and relay the thefts to Lidl".

"It's a sad reflection on Ben Dunne gym" that reducing pricing membership should also include reducing membership security...(Very bad Customer Service)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

thinking of joining this gym this week my only issue is that i will be using it after work at seven in the evening all im interested in is a squat rack and bench press does anyone know what the waiting times are for these at this time i must admit the gym looks good on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vytas_bew23

if anyone willing to join give me a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sharbarm

hi id be intrested to join ben dunne lucan if u need anymore people i can join straight away get back in touch if u still need someone thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

if anyone willing to join give me a shout!

msg sent :D

Advertisement