Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinting car windows

Options
  • 25-09-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering if any one has any experience with getting their car windows tinted in carlow? Really want to get them done but don't have a notion who to go to or who's reliable. Any advice of help would be deadly. And any extra info can be pm-ed to me...cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

are elite styling still in business? They used to be out knockbeg direction.

/me awaits SV's input.....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

head to dublin to someone who does it professional.... seen to many bad jobs done around carlow......

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

jojo86 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if any one has any experience with getting their car windows tinted in carlow? Really want to get them done but don't have a notion who to go to or who's reliable. Any advice of help would be deadly. And any extra info can be pm-ed to me...cheers:D

And I thought there was some sort of recession going on..:rolleyes:

Elite moved on yonks ago, and I don't think they ever reopened.. S.V may get me on that one...

Shades is probably the best place I can think of that does it professionally anymore. $$$$

Really its not that hard,
    I've done all mine myself in the past and it turned out good everytime.

Just depends on the type of person you are I suspose... Do it right first time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bear in mind that a guard can ask you to remove the tinting on side windows(at the roadside) if s/he feels it will obscure your view. and it is illegal to tint your front windscreen afaik.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    bear in mind that a guard can ask you to remove the tinting on side windows(at the roadside) if s/he feels it will obscure your view. and it is illegal to tint your front windscreen afaik.

Correct,

Smoked for the front door windows is normally OK..
    Personally ever liked Limo black anywho on a front door window,
    I normally do Limo black on the rear windows and then Light smoke on the front windows, but then I've mainly done it for jeep to van conversions . all up to personal preference really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Just an opinion

Only Tossers & scangers have tinted windows on their cars.

edit - excludes back windows, but I stand by the comment regarding front windows & windscreens. - Soon to be banned under NCT anyway.

darc wrote: »
    Just an opinion

Just an opinion.
    Why bother be a Troll?

I have 2 young children, I've got the back windows in my wife's car tinted, this provides shade from the sun for my children.
    SO which category do I fall into? Tosser or Scanger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

tombull82 wrote: »
    I have 2 young children, I've got the back windows in my wife's car tinted, this provides shade from the sun for my children.

thats a deadly idea...much better than those stupid shade things that you stick to your window that just seem to block vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

darc wrote: »
    Just an opinion

Would suit you well to keep your opinion to yourself tbh.

not sure about elite styling.
    I know there's a lad by the name of alex who is excellent at it..think ottostreet has his number.

Advertisement