Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New building by the I.T?

• 25-09-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats being built there? I heard their building a student bar as well as a new students union?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Only heard rumours.
    New Student Services Building
    A new 3000 sq. metre Student Services Building is due to be constructed commencing early 2010 which will further enhance students experience and wellbeing while studying at IT Carlow. This facility will include a 600m² Sports Hall & Changing Facilities; Steam Room & Sauna; Gyms; Medical Centre; Health Centre; High Performance Gym; Meditation Room; Fitness Suite; Access Service; Careers Service; Counselling Service and will also house the Students Union.

From the IT Carlow site.
    Dont think all of that would fit across the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I was told its going to be a food place, McDonalds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i heard the israeli spies with that stall in the jervis centre in dublin were doing really well recently and decided to branch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

i heard the israeli spies with that stall in the jervis centre in dublin were doing really well recently and decided to branch out.

Haha maybe! :P

Well whatever it is i hope it belongs to i.t carlow!! and benefits us! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i heard its mcdonalds also, that new student services building is going in behind the gym were the gravel parking is so parking is gonna get really bad and also there going building behind the aprenticeship building so less parking again:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

PLEASE BE A BURGER KING :)

The amount of burger King vouchers I have :O!! I am not sharing so please don't ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Its a stand for the GAA pitch which will have changing rooms and a student bar.

I thought people are talking about the new building across the road from the college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

While we're here, what's the big perspex thing they're building beside the soccer pitches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Schism wrote: »
    While we're here, what's the big perspex thing they're building beside the soccer pitches?

I asked an auld lad building it and he said it was a "hurling apparatus"...what a waste of money:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Dboy85 wrote: »
    I asked an auld lad building it and he said it was a "hurling apparatus"...what a waste of money:rolleyes:

+1, where's the student bar we were promised?!

:D

So many promises we all know Rugby and GAA will always win over anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

RealistSpy wrote: »

you can sing that.............

deaglan169 wrote: »
    you can sing that.............

Can you smell the sarcasm?

RealistSpy wrote: »

God damn shirt lifters tongue0007.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

Dboy85 wrote: »

It was actually donated by Guiness as a promotional tool!!! Didnt cost the college anything

offaly4sam wrote: »
    It was actually donated by Guiness as a promotional tool!!! Didnt cost the college anything

Well...:pac: it was a waste of someones money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Tom10 wrote: »
    Its a stand for the GAA pitch which will have changing rooms and a student bar.

Another place to get drunk. Great. :mad: Just what Carlow needs. Between the last 7 days of drunken photos adverts VFI members already have half of the ink spilt on Feck IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kty1

Eh its not going to be a student bar so you can all forget that idea. Carlow IT are not allowed to have a student bar because the secondary school is on campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

kty1 wrote: »
    Eh its not going to be a student bar so you can all forget that idea. Carlow IT are not allowed to have a student bar because the secondary school is on campus.

That ****!! theres soo many mornings id love to just head for a quick pint before class! Wouldnt it be niiiiice!!

Itd Rot ya! :D

laoishibee wrote: »
    That ****!! theres soo many mornings id love to just head for a quick pint before class! Wouldnt it be niiiiice!!

Itd Rot ya! :D

LOL

I can picture it hammered in maths class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

:D < Me, right now after finding that out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Like them or not, college bars, if run correctly can be a source or great income for the college. I think though, judging by the size of the campus in carlow there is not many place you could put it.

TomTom wrote: »
    Like them or not, college bars, if run correctly can be a source or great income for the college. I think though, judging by the size of the campus in carlow there is not many place you could put it.

knock the Killesin center...such a crap building! Be more usefull as a skip tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭owenmul

anyone got pics of this to post? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

correct me if im wrong fairly sure they are aloud a bar with a "club house" license? and was under the impression that is wat will be upstairs in the stand?

We just have to wait till April! :)

Advertisement