Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching over Zyxel router for Eircom Neotopia wont work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

you'll need to log into the router (open browser and type 192.168.1.254 in the adress bar). then you'll need to put in their username and password. The DSL light is green which means the phone line is okay but the router can't get onto the internet because of the username and password

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Thanks, but what username and password ? Is it provided by the service provider or would my neighbours have set it themselves?

Never come across that before as my set up was totally different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

the username and password is provided by the service provider. Like my username for eircom was gmardsl and then a password. Get them to ring up and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

Like the previous poster suggested, ur username/password could be the issue here but you should ring your ISP and tell them what's happening, u might get it solved quicker...in some cases you dont get a username from eircom either and it might be ur WEP/WPA key that you need to input to obtain the internet access! Eircom will have this key also, so just maybe mention this also...just a thought..hope you get it fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

does that mean switching my zyxel prestige 841 modem for my space ericom netopia would work???? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Dellas wrote: »
    A neighbour is having problems with their Zyxel router so I had a spare Eircom Neotopia router brand new in the box which I never used. I tried to switch them but the Eircom router Internet display stays red.

Have plugged direct into the socket without a splitter and with one still doesnt work. Also pressed the reset button .

Any Suggestions? Are they in any way locked?

Here are a few photos ::

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/0031024x768.jpg/

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/0041024x768.jpg/

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/0021024x768y.jpg/
    Open a browser > Go to 192.168.1.254 > Expert Mode > Yes, Enter Expert Mode > Configure > Connection

Here, you need to enter the ISP's username and password for your Broadband, and Save and Restart Connection.

Eircom
    User: eircom@eircom.net
    Pass: broadband1

BT Ireland
    User: [userdefined]@btbb
    Pass: [userdefined]

Smart Telecom
    User: [fromisp]
    Pass: [fromisp]

Magnet Entertainment

Perlico
    User: perlico@perlico.com
    Pass: broadband

Vodafone
    User: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Pass: broadband

Irish Broadband

Imagine

UTV Internet

That's all the one's I can think of right now, basically you need to find your ISP letter or contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Eircom have the info for their settings online here, all Isp's should have a similar page if You rummage about on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

wannabepr wrote: »
    does that mean switching my zyxel prestige 841 modem for my space ericom netopia would work???? thanks
    ANYONE???:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

wannabepr wrote: »
    ANYONE???:D:D

Yes, but the Netopia is setup for Eircom. You'd need to change it to the right settings for Your Isp if Your Isp is anyone other than Eircom,

Advertisement