Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kettle of Fish a complete ripoff

Options
  • 25-09-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Went into the Ketlle of fish a few months back and got the taco fries, thought they were savage so got them a few times after dat. Expensive enough @ €5.70 but it was worth it with the portion size. (kinda like the box u get fish and chips in).

Went in race week and was handed a tiny little carton like a small drink cup from supermacs. An abolutely tiny portion, I complained to the owner and he was like "it helps speed things up for race wk" I said are ya sure its not cos its race wk and ripping people off. I had already paid for it and d place was packed so I just left.

Was pissed last nite and went in for taco fries, I asked the guy were they still in the little cups he said no they were fairly big portions. He handed out another miserable portion on a cup. I said €5.70 for dat ya can keep it. There was 3 people including me in d whole place, Smacs was packed across d road which is where I went and will stay.

Does anyone else thing the price of that place is a joke??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I only go in to oogle the blond chick who works there. Most times I don't even notice I'm eating the food...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Supermacs is a whole other kettle of fish.

mikom wrote: »
    Supermacs is a whole other kettle of fish.

If by 'fish' you mean 'botulism'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

If by 'fish' you mean 'botulism'

the fancy words on you scan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Honestly I think it can be very hit and miss in there.

I'm not a taco fries eater so I can't comment on that, but other stuff I've had there has been excellent sometimes and very poor other times.

Consistantly good chips tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Chicken breast is... gooey >_>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I like the chips there :D portions do vary though, sometime they give me loads wrapped in paper, other times they give me a carton of chips....in the long run the portions balance out. Chips are better in kettle than supermacs by a long shot, num num num yummy chips :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

whine thread is whiney

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

How can ye go in there when McDonaghs is around the corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

every time i've got a takeaway from the kettle of fish it involved a big pile of chips wrapped in paper (most recent visit was at the start of this month). by the law of averages i'm now destined for a small portion next time :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JaffaCakeEoin

The chips are great, must be pretty special potatoes to justify the price though. Fish can be suspect, ridiculous amount of batter sometimes.

m83 wrote: »
    the fancy words on you scan!

Dey teached me gud in de primery schhool. I done lernt me alfebet an all de lethers an evryting. Big wurds? I got de lott...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Would have to disagree with previous comments on their chips being yummy or anything similar. Myself and the wife were wandering around one evening bout 4/5 weeks ago and were gonna head to McDonaghs when i suggested we try this place cause a fella had previously raved about the place to me.

We both had Cod and Chips. A Cod it was. Wouldn't go near the place again. For the price of it it was sh**te, both the chips and the fish. We were disappointed we didn't just go to McDonaghs.

Supermacs would have been nicer as well. Just my opinion but I won't be back in there.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

I think McDonaghs are worse, very greasy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Mc Donagh's can be overly greasy, but I find that moreso when they are slammed out the door, they probably rush the orders and more oil gets left on.

I had a lovely plate in there last week, it wasn't too greasy and it was busy not slammed in the shop.

I find KOF a bit pricey for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Agree with the OP portions are miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

kinetic wrote: »
    How can ye go in there when McDonaghs is around the corner?

Cos unfortunately McDonagh's closes long before most people stumble out of the pub looking for grease!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

so... where does the best taco fries in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Is it a rip-off ?...probably but I'm too drunk from being Ripped-off in the Front Door at 5.50 a Pint Bottle to care.

I always find it amusing that people complain about spending 7 quid on junk food then forget about the 10 pints they've just spend 50-55 squid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

ach lads the place is pretty decent

i know when the owner wasn't there the staff let it go to hell but the owner and his wife are there now more often

best chips, chicken breasts and curry in galway

for tacos- charcoal grill is your only man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Must try the taco fries in the charcoal grill next time so by the sound of things. :D

Advertisement