Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Upgrade for bill phone - pls recommend phone

• 25-09-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I need to replace my phone - keypads are becoming dysfunctional and don't know which phone to get with the upgrade.

To date, I have used mobiles for phoning, texting, games and photos mainly and have mostly used Sony and Motorola (with flip/slide cover) as I dislike phones with key pads on front which need to be locked!

Requirements for new phone are - stylish, sleek, neat, fully functional for above requrements and I don't mind if there is more functionality than I have used previously but must have capability for sudoku and solitaire games at least. What advantages are there with touch phones over traditional?

Should I get one of the following or ?? bearing in mind that my budget is limited and therefore I have only listed items to a certain level - approx cost to me shown and Motorola phones are not available with Vodafone

Touch phones:-
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic EUR50
    Samsung Tocco Lite FREE
    Samsung Jet S8000 EUR80
    or ....?

Flip/slide cover phones:-
    Sony Ericsson W350i FREE
    Sony Ericsson W205 FREE
    Sony Ericsson W595 EUR40
    Samsung S3500 EUR40
    Samsung J700 FREE
    or .....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you dont want mono block phones then thats the touchscreen phones out

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

As far as I know the touch phones have a toggle lock on the side - I was told that the Nokia has.

tryu wrote: »
    As far as I know the touch phones have a toggle lock on the side - I was told that the Nokia has.

Are you happy enought with that though? It still has to be locked and unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

Don't mind just flicking a button on the side rather than having to press 2 keypad buttons simultaneously.

tryu wrote: »
    Don't mind just flicking a button on the side rather than having to press 2 keypad buttons simultaneously.

Well the 5800 is nice, very popular. The tocco lite is popular enough too. The lite can be unlock from the button on the side, but can also be unlocked on the screen, you just click the lock icon. And the 5800 has a keylock switch you just flick up. Both will do what you want to do.

Personally i would go with the 5800, but its chunkier than the lite, and that bothers some people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement