Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am i entitled to an increment

• 25-09-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

2007-2008 18 hour contract, got increment
    2008 -2009 Subbed for fixed number of hours(20 hours) for full year . This was not a contract.

I am on point 4 of the scale this year and currently have a 20 hour contract this year so i know next year i will get start on point 5

My question is i feel i should have gotten an increment for my year of subbing 20 hours a week for the full cos if you do more than 600 hours in the year you should get an increment. I feel i should be on point 5 now and not point 4. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

If you are on a fixed term contract can you include any hours that you have done in substitution towards the 600 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

2008 -2009 Subbed for fixed number of hours(20 hours) for full year. This was not a contract.

Did you have a timetable? That is regarded as a contract.

dg647 - substitution hours don't count if they are paid at a different rate afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭franktennis

Yes i had a timetable for the year. Must ring the payroll or department of education. I feel i not on the correct scale. Surely working for a full year as a substitute for 20hours a week for 183 days deserves an increment.

Advertisement