Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which way in Ballina? Total chaos.

Options
  • 25-09-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anybody confused with new road layout in Ballina. They seem to change it every 6 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

It is a bit confusing at the moment. Especially Pearse Street which is meant to be one way yet they have not moved the taxi rank and the taxis are allowed to come down the one way street. What a cock up.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Dodgy for pedestrians too...particularly between the bridges which are speed traps! The yield sign on the lower bridge (for traffic coming from dillon tce) is only in place in the last few days and traffic is going to take awhile to get used to it. That is where the accidents will be, if any.

Will miss crusin up and down Pearse street......

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I actually quite like the new layout. It looks like it will really help eliminate those goddamn choke points at the bridges.

That said, I've only driven it in the evening - be interesting to see what it's like at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I know the purpose of the new road layouts is to help the flow of traffic...but hopefully some more traffic lights with green men will pop up around the centre of town!!!
    I come from Belfast where obviously there are an abundance of green men traffic lights...but not having any at The Junction/2 Euro shop...what is that about!!! I see they are installing new traffic lights there though...hopefully they will be pedestrian friendly ones!!! :D

Advertisement