Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is bundt cake the way to go?

Options
  • 25-09-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

hi peeps...
    i bought a giant cupcake shaped baking tin while in nyc recently (i think you can get them here too - just cheaper there) and i'm going to bake someone a birthday cake in it next week....
    because it's a shaped tin should i bake a bundt cake rather than my usual victoria sponge type "birthday cake" recipe?
    is there a big difference with bundt cake? in my head it's a bit denser than sponge.....

thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yep, its heavier so will keep the shape better. Sponge is better in a shallower dish.
    Where did you buy the tin btw, we're off to NYC soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

in the best shop in the whole world aka williams sonoma!!
    they have the most amazing kitchen stuff, i spend a small fortune there every time i go! there is one in the colombus circle shopping centre and another around 57th and madison maybe... you can look it up anyway but it's well worth a trip!!
    thanks for the bundt advice too!

Advertisement