Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Audition AHHHH

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    Have my first audition (well first audition for a film that wasn't school based lol) on Sunday
    Any tips...
    I can act (I Hope!) and have some minor drama traning.
    But I'm not familiar with the audition process...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Just go in and be confident in your abilities. You are going to be nervous and that's bound to happen. All I can say is, there could be people who have loads more experience and they will be more relaxed and do a better audition.

Don't take it personal if you don't get it. It could be something as simple as your hair colour why you don't get a part and nothing at all to do with your talent.

Best of luck with it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Just go in and be confident in your abilities. You are going to be nervous and that's bound to happen. All I can say is, there could be people who have loads more experience and they will be more relaxed and do a better audition.

Don't take it personal if you don't get it. It could be something as simple as your hair colour why you don't get a part and nothing at all to do with your talent.

Best of luck with it anyway :)
    Any chance you could run me through the audition process

Depending on what it's for. You might be given a short scene before going in, so get there early and DO NOT BE LATE, run the lines to yourself and be comfortable with them.

Be prepared to see a lot of people who look similar to you and are dressed the same.

You may be asked when you come in to say your name and your agent to the camera first.

They might ask you to read the scene. Then they might ask you to do it a different way. This doesn't necessarily mean you did it wrong, they want to see if you can take direction.

Do not be surprised if you're in and out within a minute!

The process is similar to a cattle mart, in and out, as quick as possible.

Most important, don't take it personally. That's the business :)

Again, best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Depending on what it's for. You might be given a short scene before going in, so get there early and DO NOT BE LATE, run the lines to yourself and be comfortable with them.

Be prepared to see a lot of people who look similar to you and are dressed the same.

You may be asked when you come in to say your name and your agent to the camera first.

They might ask you to read the scene. Then they might ask you to do it a different way. This doesn't necessarily mean you did it wrong, they want to see if you can take direction.

Do not be surprised if you're in and out within a minute!

The process is similar to a cattle mart, in and out, as quick as possible.

Most important, don't take it personally. That's the business :)

Again, best of luck with it.
    Doesn't sound too daunting.

Thanks a mill!

No problem at all. Just be as comfortable and as relaxed as you can and do your best, that's all you can do :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement