Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Ireland statment on tester recruitment activities

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:45pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard anything else about it, but got the following statment from EA on Wednesday:
    ELECTRONIC ARTS™ STATEMENT

Recent telephone and email recruitment activities offering Irish consumers jobs as EA games testers are fraudulent, and in no way associated with Electronic Arts™ (EA).

Consumers who are approached by parties alleging to represent EA or its agents offering opportunity to become an EA games tester are encouraged to decline and report the incident to their local Garda station.

EA is working with the authorities to put a stop to this fraudulent activity.

ENDS

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Haven't come across it yet myself either. Anyone know the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait, so I had sex with that guy for nothing? Well at least I faked my orgasm, so I've still got my dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Didn't even know they tested here. Thought it was only Activision on parnell street and in city west.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Do EA even have offices in Ireland?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Didn't even know they tested here. Thought it was only Activision on parnell street and in city west.

I have also never heard of them doing testing here, not directly under the name of EA anyway.
    Do EA even have offices in Ireland?

An Irish PR company does their PR here, and, last I heard, EA had a few staff but only relating to retail or marketing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Vivendi and a few other Irish companies are here too...
    monument wrote: »
    An Irish PR company does their PR here, and, last I heard, EA had a few staff but only relating to retail or marketing etc.

Spot on. Only people here directly hired by EA are PR/marketing people under "TeamEA" branding that mainly deal with retail...

Advertisement